Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank Account For Expats

Options
  • 12-06-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm an Irish citizen currently living in Korea. At the moment I have three Irish bank accounts- Bank of Ireland, AIB and Ulster Bank. With each I have a standard current account and with BOI and AIB I have credit cards. I also have a Korean account which I use while in Korea.

Does anyone know which of these Irish accounts, or any other bank accounts is the best to have for someone living abroad? I send money home once a month for savings and I travel outside of Korea (usually within Asia) a few times a year. I need a bank that has the lowest charges for making transactions outside the EU and also has low charges for receiving money from outside the EU.

Id greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me. :)

Advertisement