Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Mess

Options
  • 12-06-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Eircom sent a guy from KN network solutions out to install efibre on the 31st of May. He had no modem for us and said contact eircom about that. I did and eircom said the KN guy should have supplied it and a full install. The same KN guy went down the road to do another house and he did a full install for them. The KN guy said eircom told them to only do the RAP for our house and changed our port in the cab. I had no internet and a strange static feel off the phone for 11 days. I am on the phone everyday to eircom to try solve the problem and just keep getting passed around to different people with no solution in sight. Last Friday I finally had enough and rang UPC to switch phone and broadband to them. They sent out a technician on Monday and we are up and running with them now. We still don't know what the problem was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Bsal wrote: »
    Eircom sent a guy from KN network solutions out to install efibre on the 31st of May. He had no modem for us and said contact eircom about that. I did and eircom said the KN guy should have supplied it and a full install. The same KN guy went down the road to do another house and he did a full install for them. The KN guy said eircom told them to only do the RAP for our house and changed our port in the cab. I had no internet and a strange static feel off the phone for 11 days. I am on the phone everyday to eircom to try solve the problem and just keep getting passed around to different people with no solution in sight. Last Friday I finally had enough and rang UPC to switch phone and broadband to them. They sent out a technician on Monday and we are up and running with them now. We still don't know what the problem was.

Hi
    Bsal

I am sorry to hear about the issues getting the efibre up and running.

Can you PM me with your name and address and I will see if I can locate what the issue was.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bsal

Hi
    Bsal

I am sorry to hear about the issues getting the efibre up and running.

Can you PM me with your name and address and I will see if I can locate what the issue was.

Thanks, Mark
    Sent, thanks Mark for checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Magoo123

As far as I know that the tech can't give modem if its not on his work order.. Eircom is very strict about this. He's only doing his job ... Don't shoot the messenger!

Advertisement