Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest doctor in limerick

• 12-06-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering where the cheapest doctor is in Limerick? And also a follow on question. Can i request a blood test for a certain thing or does the doctor have to decide/diagnose first?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cannot answer your first question but normally when getting blood tests done they are tested for a variety of conditions as standard. But of course you can request your GP to have a sample be tested for something specific.

These days GPs normally have a specific day of the week when they do blood tests so they can send them all off to be tested at once which reduces their transporting costs. Before they could just refer you directly to the Regional Hospital to have blood tests done but that service is gone now afaik and a PITA as you could be waiting hours to have samples taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Walk in centre next to the regional 30 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

maryk123 wrote: »

Yep, used these guys a couple of times at weekends when my own GP is off, done the trick
    €20 cheaper than my guy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

maryk123 wrote: »

Hi Mary, where exactly is this?? 30 is def better than 50 :) plus not entirely happy with my last doctor. he was very quick to dismiss things and was reaching for his prescription pad within a few minutes of being in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Next door to the Highway / Sinatra's across the road from O'Malley's Pharmacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

Next door to the Highway / Sinatra's across the road from O'Malley's Pharmacy

Thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Artists-and-the-Value-of-Learning-to-Market-Yourself..jpg

The above is a joke incidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Anyone know the phone number for this Walk-in Medical Centre next to the Hi-Way? (tried google already)

I used it before when my own GP was too busy to give me an appointment, happy enough with them, €30 price was a nice change too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

086-2222880

Advertisement