Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Disaster - 1 Week on and still no end in sight

Options
  • 12-06-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Digiweb attempted an upgrade on their servers early last week which went badly wrong. They have tried to return everything to the old server but even that seems to have been a mess. I seem to remember they had issues like this in the past with upgrades that went wrong. Really wish I had bit the bullet and moved hosting to someone reliable before now.

Anyone else suffering out there?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Please keep this a technical thread only. No recommendations or reviews about various webhosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭foreignobserver

I have suffered for 12 months.

My websites were previously hosted overseas but as my business is conducted in Ireland I thought, perhaps incorrectly, hosting in Ireland would help. Two friends recommended Digiweb to me and as I was Digiweb's happy broadband user a few years ago, I thought this choice was a no brainer. In the end Digiweb was a reputable provider.

In a stark contrast to this the actual experience was rather negative. Within a few months I had (1) mailbox access issues (2) my shared IP blacklisted (3) pages not loading or loading slow (4) security issues. My SEO results have recently plummeted and with no other factors contributing I blame the provider for this.

Fast forward to May/June 2013:

As soon as I learnt about the planned upgrade I decided to move websites elsewhere, assuming all teething problems would cost me too much in lost traffic and emails.

Even after moving hosting there are some loose ends. After getting 3 useless replies from their outsourced support team, the communication was allegedly "escalated": I haven't got any reply since.

As with so many other things it not how they start, but how they finish, that matters...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

As stated in the mod note above discussion/reviews about web hosting providers is not allowed on boards.ie due to past incidents. If you have technical web host queries you are best off posting them in the development forum for assistance. Just remember to read the forums charter there. Thread closed.

Nick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement