Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

the MGS remake with fox engine was just mis-translation , there not currently looking for anyone to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

GosuIrish wrote: »
    the MGS remake with fox engine was just mis-translation , there not currently looking for anyone to do it

/puts fingers in ears

LA LA LA
    I can't wait for a Fox Engine version of MGS. Get JustAddWater to do it NOW!
    LA LA LA

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Otacon wrote: »
    /puts fingers in ears

LA LA LA
    I can't wait for a Fox Engine version of MGS. Get JustAddWater to do it NOW!
    LA LA LA

He said if there's a team with passion and love for mgs he would love from them to do it but there not currently looking for a team but still hope ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A faithful remake with less of Twin Snakes' zany antics could be good alright.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeeMuS

That trailer looks unreal, Has anyone got a period for release of MGS V ? and according to Wikipedia its being released on XBOX? that's a first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeeMuS wrote: »
    That trailer looks unreal, Has anyone got a period for release of MGS V ?

Not yet. Though I think it will drop around Oct-Nov next year.
    and according to Wikipedia its being released on XBOX? that's a first!

Not really. The recent HD collection, and Metal Gear Rising came out on the 360.

Otacon wrote: »
    Not yet. Though I think it will drop around Oct-Nov next year.

Not really. The recent HD collection, and Metal Gear Rising came out on the 360.

Yeh sorry my bad didn't see the HD release platforms Im just so used to MGS being a PlayStation exclusive, although working for Microsoft and been a PS user I can't say s**t..

Sweet original username to Otacon, wonder is Ocelot taken?

Or Solidus, MGS probably had the best and most unique array of characters, Grey Fox being the best in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

That trailer looks unreal, Has anyone got a period for release of MGS V ? and according to Wikipedia its being released on XBOX? that's a first!
    Metal Gear Solid 2 was released on the original xbox. You did say Xbox there, but the cube had the twin snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Isn't phantom pain when amputees get pains in a limb that isn't there anymore? Interesting choice of title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MadYaker wrote: »
    Isn't phantom pain when amputees get pains in a limb that isn't there anymore? Interesting choice of title.

We see in the trailers that Snake is missing a hand and there is monologue about the pain of the missing limb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is there anywhere where I can read up on the entire MGS back story?

Trailor looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Trailor looks fantastic
    http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Wiki

Be warned, it's dense. See you again around Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Wiki

Be warned, it's dense. See you again around Christmas ;)

Sound!

Mother of god, thats a big read lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Trailor looks fantastic

That's the kind of thing that's incredibly hard to read up on without playing the games. I'd recommend playing them or watching a walk-through and then reading up on it. The Gametrailers Retrospective is also a decent way of getting an overview of the story:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/s8rb6y/gt-retrospectives-part-one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

If you just want the jist of it then play Snake Eater on the HD collection and maybe try to watch a playthrough of Peacewalker. You'll have all the necessary backstory then. But if you're really interested then play them all in numeric order (1>2>3>4>PW). It's likely that this new game will have links with and foreshadow major events in MGS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

snausages wrote: »
    If you just want the jist of it then play Snake Eater on the HD collection and maybe try to watch a playthrough of Peacewalker. You'll have all the necessary backstory then. But if you're really interested then play them all in numeric order (1>2>3>4>PW). It's likely that this new game will have links with and foreshadow major events in MGS1.

Why Peacewalker? :confused: It's one of the least consequential games in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ojslmm.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

C14N wrote: »
    Why Peacewalker? :confused: It's one of the least consequential games in the series.

The story of Peacewalker leads right into the story of Ground Zeros, it fills in some gaps. Ground Zeros sets the stage for Phantom Pain. I didn't finish Peacewalker and when I started playing Ground Zeros I wish I had so I stopped playing and went back to finish Peacewalker before I went any further.

I know I quoted a year old post but just if anyone reads it, I recommend getting the jist of the Peacewalker story line before jumping into the MGS5 saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

They have just started a broadcast now and are showing the full 30 min demo from E3. It'll be in english too.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/19/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-ps4-live-here/

Well it looked incredible. For anyone who liked Peace Walker.. you're going to love this.

The big issues for me still are the reflex time and the alert status going off instantly when spotted. I really hope they change these.

It looks like the online component of the game will be defending and attacking mother base which sounds pretty cool to me.

I'm sure someone will download the full demo at some stage. Well worth watching anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really looking forward to this now,looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The effectiveness of the Fulton system worries me. Aside from when the jeep was lifted and there was a guy behind it who noticed, none of the other enemies seemed to notice any of it happening, despite screams, noises, size of balloon etc.

Just worried it's too overpowered. Removes sleeping enemies from the area with little penalty (seems fairly cheap to use) which means they won't wake up or be found.

Other than that though, the game does look terrific.

Penn wrote: »
    The effectiveness of the Fulton system worries me. Aside from when the jeep was lifted and there was a guy behind it who noticed, none of the other enemies seemed to notice any of it happening, despite screams, noises, size of balloon etc.

Just worried it's too overpowered. Removes sleeping enemies from the area with little penalty (seems fairly cheap to use) which means they won't wake up or be found.

Other than that though, the game does look terrific.

I completely agree with that. I'm hoping you have a limited number of them. That way at least you are a bit more careful regarding who you airlift out of the mission

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

I have mixed feelings about Fulton. I think it is cool that you can take containers, equipment and vehicles back to the base but it has the potential to dumb down the game a bit. I mean why would you bother hiding enemies' bodies when you can use Fulton? Also it seems a bit unrealistic (despite the US army actually using Fulton in the 20th century) and slightly comical too. And although I love a bit of humor in games, this might be a bit over the top for me. I prefer if they just kept it simple! Then again if it is regulated properly and players cannot abuse it, well it might turn out to be a great idea. However I will remain skeptical until I experience it myself. Saying all this Phantom Pain looks amazing and I anticipate it eagerly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I remember the fulton was in peace walker and you had a limit of how many you had per mission

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I do not think many people here played peace walker.

Everything announced so far for metal gear solid 5 has had a strong indicator that the game is a continuation of peace walker/mgs3 and has less to do with mgs 1,2 and 4

Futon recovery system has a set amount you could carry with you during a mission and has you continue to bring more highly experienced soliders back to mother base you could continue making and improving weapons and items.

This leads to a better game in my opinion managing staff as in portable ops and peace walker its quite addictive to see mother base build thats something feels personal knowing you had a hand in it all than to simply watch mother base build during a story progession in a cutscene.

Advertisement