Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice lunch,Athlone town centre?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Going to a 40th in Athlone on Saturday.Staying in the Radisson so am looking for a nice place to get a tasty,filling lunch to soak up the beer for later!Any recommendations?Is the Radisson itself good for lunch?Or is there better places nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

corner house across the road at the 'bottle neck'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Boojum is worth a 60 mile drive to Galway or an 80 mile drive to Dublin just for the taste alone. Make sure to have a supersonic car...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Thyme definitely.... Very filling and reasonable.
    Won best restaurant in Leinster the other night aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Looks like Thyme only opened for dinner, looking for somewhere for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Olive grove next door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

The harvest cafe in the centre is good it's part of the sheraton hotel so it's basically a hotel carvery, food is tasty and they give way too much which might suit for soakage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 athlone.ie

Radisson has great bar food or their restaurant is lovely as well.

If you want to explore other restaurants the Olive Grove or the Left Bank Bistro are fab! Good Cafe style options are Beans & Leaves, Harvest Cafe or Fishes & Loaves all within 3/5mins walking distance from Radisson Blu - http://www.athlone.ie/food-and-drink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭jamesd

Go to the Sheraton and treat yourself to the food in the bar, myself and my wife ate there 2 weekend ago's and it was lovely.
    I got the big bird chicken breast burger and it was savage, I'm dreaming of it here now :)

Advertisement