Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for gunsmith in north county dublin

Options
  • 12-06-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

im looking for a gun smith in north county dublin i have a BRNO 22lr semi ejection not great sometimes need to tighten the ejector spring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

im looking for a gun smith in north county dublin i have a BRNO 22lr semi ejection not great sometimes need to tighten the ejector spring

You can leave it in at Balheary, Courtlough, Top Gun or the Naul and if you fancy a drive up the motorway you can head out to Ardee Sports or if you fancy a trip into Meath Clarke's will look after it as well but if it's just a spring you may be well able to replace it yourself if you can get the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

You can leave it in at Balheary, Courtlough, Top Gun or the Naul and if you fancy a drive up the motorway you can head out to Ardee Sports or if you fancy a trip into Meath Clarke's will look after it as well but if it's just a spring you may be well able to replace it yourself if you can get the parts.

cheers for that didnt realise there was one in courtlough i will go to the cz website and see if i can get the part if not i'll take a trip to balheary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

Courtlough dont have one, theyll just forward it on to Ardee as will the majority of shooting grounds/shops

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

There's no smith in Balheary, Courtlough or Naul.

Robotack wrote: »
    There's no smith in Balheary, Courtlough or Naul.

No but there's gun dealers who can either send it or fix it themselves if they're familiar with the rifle. That's what the vast majority of gun dealers in Ireland do anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

If you leave it in with one of these shooting grounds Im fairly sure theyll just tell you to bring it to Tony in Ardee or else theyll forward it for you but for a fee of course. Best off cutting out the middle man and going straight to the gunsmith yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

No but there's gun dealers who can either send it or fix it themselves if they're familiar with the rifle. That's what the vast majority of gun dealers in Ireland do anyway.

I know. And I disagree with the practise as some of them haven't a clue. I wouldn't let the lad serving in an electrical shop wire my house any more than I'd let a gun dealer tinker with a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Order a new ejector spring and fit it your self ,it is handy, just place everything you take off the gun out in order as it comes off and you will have no problem putting it back right,or just take pictures on your phone at each stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ps1aBudD-w&feature=related

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-CZ-452-CZ-453.pdf

P.s subsonic rounds can have difficulty cycling properly in a semi cz or any semi .22,they are too soft at the tip so they score and jam when they are being pushed up in to the chamber..can break your heart some days.

Robotack wrote: »
    I know. And I disagree with the practise as some of them haven't a clue. I wouldn't let the lad serving in an electrical shop wire my house any more than I'd let a gun dealer tinker with a gun.

That's fair enough but replacing a spring isn't exactly like wiring up a house, it's more like replacing a light bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

lb1981 wrote: »
    Order a new ejector spring and fit it your self ,it is handy, just place everything you take off the gun out in order as it comes off and you will have no problem putting it back right,or just take pictures on your phone at each stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ps1aBudD-w&feature=related

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-CZ-452-CZ-453.pdf

P.s subsonic rounds can have difficulty cycling properly in a semi cz or any semi .22,they are too soft at the tip so they score and jam when they are being pushed up in to the chamber..can break your heart some days.

i have ordered the spring through pro bass in the states and thanks to the above links have a god idea how to fix it. i was using yellowjackets and this was still happening i was using laupa subsonic rounds would not recommend them for any semi auto very waxy thanks everybody for the suggestions much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement