Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know where i can get greyhound recycling bags?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

There is a list of retailers on their website but none of them actually have the rolls of 6 bags for 9 eoros my recycling hasnt been collected in over two months so its pretty urgent at this stage

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can't help with the bags, but you can bring your recycling for free to one of the Dublin City Council centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Oooh Must look into that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Just moved into a Greyhound bag collection area and experiencing this new found pleasure.

Anyone found somewhere in D1/D2 that stocks the Greyhound recycling bags? The third listed retailer I tried sold me bags which looked plausible until I filled one and realised they were actually for Greenstar. I assume the Greenstar ones are no use to me?!

Are they trying to discourage me from recycling? This really is too much hassle. I don't have a car, so visiting the bring centre is a bit of hassle (though maybe it would be fun to try on a taxi driver with a load of rubbish as "luggage".).

And when are the combi packs actually being introduced? The communication on this has been very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

I get my Greyhound Tags & Recycling bags from the Spar shop opposite Griffith College on the South Circular Road, been going there for 8 months now and they have never been out of stock.

Anybody live in an area with two collections? I have Greyhound come around on Monday & Abbey Waste on a Friday. Handy to have the options :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

I found them on Monday in the little corner shop on South King Street opposite Harrys on the Green.

I agree it's a complete shambles - In the last week I've tried about 7 shops from there to Abbey St that are listed as stockists but couldn't get them anywhere. Why not sell them in post offices with the tags?

We've started buying wheelie bin size black sacks for our general rubbish so we get a lot more into it without needed a tag for each one. It hasn't been refused yet thank god but no doubt our cost will increase hugely when the combi packs come out. No idea when that'll be unfortunately but I'm thinking of stocking up on tags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

They mustn't be all that easy to get on with - I know my own local shop doesn't sell them because, in the words of the owner, "they're an absolute shower of bellends to deal with".

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Centra templebar square do them its a pain but thats the most central one i found. The staff there themselves didnt even know they had them but when i pointed out a sign saying they do staff looked again and found some. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

Yup I got them there once but have been in twice since and they said they didn't have them, once they even said 'check the other till' to me so I had to queue up again at the other end of the shop to be told no again! I'll have to point out the sign in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

They like to make it as difficult as possible for people to get the bags I think, mostly because it would be a whole lot easier for them if they were able to move everyone onto bins (but they're not, it was part of the deal when DCC were stupid enough to sell them the business that they would have to continue the bag collection service). And all the retailers hate dealing with them as they have to pay Greyhound in advance for the bags and only get their money back when they're all sold. Sadly I think Greyhound are the only refuse collector doing a bag collection service, so if you have nowhere to keep bins etc, you're stuck with them. And their absolutely crummy customer service.

Thanks all, I got them in the Centra on Templebar Square (also accessible from the Ha'penny Bridge).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

MugsGame wrote: »
    Thanks all, I got them in the Centra on Templebar Square (also accessible from the Ha'penny Bridge).

Will have to go on a tourist walk some evening so :), How much are they Mugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Sadly I think Greyhound are the only refuse collector doing a bag collection service ...

I use Abbey Waste's bag service (southside). I wouldn't go back to wheely bins if you paid me. If they don't cover your area, check out Allen Waste.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Will have to go on a tourist walk some evening so :), How much are they Mugs?

A roll of six Greyhound recycling bags is currently €9.

Advertisement