Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I can see some fights breaking out if lads if customers don't get their PS4 on launch having paid down their deposits. Was in Smyths in Fonthill they have as mentioned pre-orders with I'd say 50 names on it, they reckon they will be lucky to get 10-20 units on launch and they will contact and phone around customers as they get more stock in.

I wonder will Tesco do some kind of pre-order list for PS3's? Surely they will get some stock in for Launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wonder will Tesco do some kind of pre-order list for PS3's? Surely they will get some stock in for Launch?

Im sure they wont for the PS3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im gonna have to get my skates on and pre-order one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Im gonna have to get my skates on and pre-order one of these

You will be cutting it fine at this stage, very fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I plopped down another 20 coins today, 265...target is 500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I pe-ordered months ago.. number 3 on the list.. I've never went to a midnight launch before, but I'll be going to the PS launch..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I plopped down another 20 coins today, 265...target is 500.

Good man yourself!

I am at 220/600 at the moment. I wount be able to put down anything this week, but I will put at least 50 next week. Still small bit time until November :D.

It will be quite satisfying to come down on release pick up console and walk out without paying a single euro on the spot :). Unfortunately I see myself going with an extra 100eu and act like a spoiled child in candy shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I set up a "Make Little Jaffs PS4 Dream Come True Foundation" and I plop 20 quid a week in it and anyone can stick Birthday/Xmas Cash!!!!!

Its got 220 YoYo's in it now!

Good point Tesco's if they start taking pre orders it would be a better bet then getting on THE LIST at Smyths/Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

with smyths pre order fir the ps4 does anyone know if the deposit is refundable if you decide to get it elsewhere? also can it be payed off in installments? and can the deposit be put to pre order a game instead of the console if you change your mind? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Question about these "lists":

Is it possible Gamestop staff are telling us we're on lists just to satisfy us??

I was in my local store, where i am very well known to them, and enquired about my position on the list. I knew i was safe having pre-ordered 3 days after the Feb reveal, but the manager had no clue what i was on about. Saying that there is no list and they're just taking as many pre-orders as they can!

He said i'd be grand as i am very well known to them as a customer/ former employee (for a month) and also said that he hasn't been aware of the "List" system. I found this very odd as others on this forum were given specific number in their local "List".

I'm not worried personally myself as i know i'm safe but i am thinking of others.

Anyone else get told by GameStop that they aren't doing it by list?

I know the one in my town are going by the list system and other people in this thread have said that their one is as well, trust me you will have war on the launch day if a person who pre-ordered months back does not get one and somebody who only did it yesterday does.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I don't know if my gamestop are doing lists either but was told they had approx. 60 pre-orders before I pre-ordered mine.

I'd like a launch day console but I'm under no illusion that I'm "guaranteed" one.

I'm guessing demand will far outstrip supply, so I'm not getting my hopes up - nor am I worried about "lists" or "first come, first served" store policies.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I don't know if my gamestop are doing lists either but was told they had approx. 60 pre-orders before I pre-ordered mine.

I'd like a launch day console but I'm under no illusion that I'm "guaranteed" one.

I'm guessing demand will far outstrip supply, so I'm not getting my hopes up - nor am I worried about "lists" or "first come, first served" store policies.

What can be predicted is Chaos, not everyone is going to be happy launch day! I just hope ordering online will mean a clinical list distribution from some shipping warehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was wondering if any of you could help me chums. If I was to move my pre order to newry where would take it? I can only think of sainaburys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

jaffusmax wrote: »
    What can be predicted is Chaos, not everyone is going to be happy launch day! I just hope ordering online will mean a clinical list distribution from some shipping warehouse.

That's exactly why I ordered online, fingers crossed there's some semblance of logic behind how things are dealt with in Amazon. I don't care if it's two or three weeks late, once it lands before Xmas

EnterNow wrote: »
    That's exactly why I ordered online, fingers crossed there's some semblance of logic behind how things are dealt with in Amazon. I don't care if it's two or three weeks late, once it lands before Xmas

I'd be in the same boat, I'm in my mid 30's so I am not the same young Buck who has to have their piece of Tech 1 min past 12:00AM on Launch Day! Let it COME TO DADDY within a reasonable time frame to my front door, then PS4 and I will have plenty of time to get acquainted! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am 27 and I am still like 8 year old boy when new PlayStation comes out. :)

If anyone is going to the midnight launch at Smyth's on Childer Road, Limerick....and would like to meetup and chat/pass away the time let me know!

with smyths pre order fir the ps4 does anyone know if the deposit is refundable if you decide to get it elsewhere? also can it be payed off in installments? and can the deposit be put to pre order a game instead of the console if you change your mind? thanks

The 20 Euro deposit is non refundle - re: Smyth's....i checked.
    You can't pay off direct on the PS4 preorder, what you do is get a Smyth's gift card.

That can be topped up, like i have 245 on my card and put another 20 this week, come launch night just present your giftcard and it'll be put toward the cost of the console. If you have 400 on the giftcard....its paid off :)

Yes, you can preorder games and accesories such as the new eye cam....but will require a deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Went back into gamestop again over here in the US. Asked about the list system and they were using it up until last week but have been given information from headoffice that they wont be using them at the current time as they've received an updated order status from Sony. They've got around 70 odd in my store and I'm somewhere below 50 i think.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

I'd honestly recommend people ordering from a large online store if they wanted to have the best chance of getting the console before Christmas.

If Sony manage to get say 5m off the production line this year it will be quite an achievement. On that basis you'd have to think Europe would be lucky to see 1m of them. If that's the case I think Ireland will receive between 10-20k. I don't think that will meet anywhere near demand.

Just think there is going to be carnage getting this and i wouldn't be believing some guy in GameStop that told me I'm guaranteed a console. Maybe I'll be wrong but past experiences point to a shortfall in supply so I think our smaller stores wouldn't have the sway big online retailers would so they could lose out.

SK1979 wrote: »
    I'd honestly recommend people ordering from a large online store if they wanted to have the best chance of getting the console before Christmas.

If Sony manage to get say 5m off the production line this year it will be quite an achievement. On that basis you'd have to think Europe would be lucky to see 1m of them. If that's the case I think Ireland will receive between 10-20k. I don't think that will meet anywhere near demand.

Just think there is going to be carnage getting this and i wouldn't be believing some guy in GameStop that told me I'm guaranteed a console. Maybe I'll be wrong but past experiences point to a shortfall in supply so I think our smaller stores wouldn't have the sway big online retailers would so they could lose out.

Murphys Law "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

If someone tells me "I'm Guaranteed" something I take it with a big pinch of salt. Its more a case of if you Pre-ordered 2 weeks after E3 than "More Than Likely" you will get a PS4,

I'm sure you could do a Graph of Probability of Getting a PS4 vs Time after E3! :P

Murphys Law "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

If someone tells me "I'm Guaranteed" something I take it with a big pinch of salt. Its more a case of if you Pre-ordered 2 weeks after E3 than "More Than Likely" you will get a PS4,

I'm sure you could do a Graph of Probability of Getting a PS4 vs Time after E3! :P

I would say if you pre-ordered in February when the die hard fans did it will be "More Than Likely" , 2 weeks after E3 "More Than Likely January or February"

Xenji wrote: »
    I would say if you pre-ordered in February when the die hard fans did it will be "More Than Likely" , 2 weeks after E3 "More Than Likely January or February"

I really believe the US will have No 1 Priority over Europe, SONY wants to hit the XBOX heartland hard and fast. We will have to wait and see simply because I honestly feel we will get the scraps from SONY off of the US dinner table!

i sold a hard drive this morning, 18 quid....so bunged down another 21 denari on my gift card, i;m now up to 267 and 20 deposit....113 to the basic bundle to 213 for the mega pack.

I really believe the US will have No 1 Priority over Europe, SONY wants to hit the XBOX heartland hard and fast. We will have to wait and see simply because I honestly feel we will get the scraps from SONY off of the US dinner table!

the irish are treated like pesants....as always :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

the irish are treated like pesants....as always :mad:

Not really, the Japanese will be getting the scraps off the european dinner table.

Xenji wrote: »

imagine the lad who goes into gamestop two weeks before release and pre orders :eek: , i think fists could fly on launch night!

i'm getting a feckin taxi home that night, no way am i walking home at 1am with a big black bag that screams 'got a ps4 - rob me!'

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not really, the Japanese will be getting the scraps off the european dinner table.

Apparently the PS4 is to be released in the US and Europe first and that they are undecided about a Japanese release date. I guess the appetite for a new cutting edge console is greater in the West plus the competition is more fierce here between consoles.

My view is the Japanese are more mature in their view of gaming and go for content and innovative game play over cutting edge graphics and hardware anyway so arent overly bothered!

SONY will want to pull the rug from under the XBone before it can build momentum and know they have 1 chance to get that US market nailed. Europeans would be more forgiving of getting their PS4's a little later than our (I WANT IT KNOW) American cousins!

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251033/sony-launch-date-in-japan-for-ps4-not-decided-yet/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement