Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

imagine the lad who goes into gamestop two weeks before release and pre orders :eek: , i think fists could fly on launch night!

i'm getting a feckin taxi home that night, no way am i walking home at 1am with a big black bag that screams 'got a ps4 - rob me!'

Just say its an WiiU and nobody will bother you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony do not have to worry about the Xbox in Japan, it is looked upon like a plague over there, they barely touch it, so people are gonna buy the PS4 regardless over there, Europe has always been the best consumer for Sony and have been rewarded for that with special versions of games being released here, the battleground will be in the States yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

The 20 Euro deposit is non refundle - re: Smyth's....i checked.
    You can't pay off direct on the PS4 preorder, what you do is get a Smyth's gift card.

That can be topped up, like i have 245 on my card and put another 20 this week, come launch night just present your giftcard and it'll be put toward the cost of the console. If you have 400 on the giftcard....its paid off :)

Yes, you can preorder games and accesories such as the new eye cam....but will require a deposit.

Thanks a mill for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Santry gamestop said there's no list but €20 secures it for you day1

Santry gamestop said there's no list but €20 secures it for you day1

Sounds like a recipe for Chaos on Launch Day if they have X amount consoles and a greater amount of 20 Quiders coming in looking for their "Guaranteed Consoles"

Do you get a receipt for a 20 deposit? Can you ask for written proof you will be secured a console Day 1?

I ordered online so I would hope each order has been queued on a system and shipped from a ring fenced online shipment stock in GS warehouses!

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Sounds like a recipe for Chaos on Launch Day if they have X amount consoles and a greater amount of 20 Quiders coming in looking for their "Guaranteed Consoles"

Do you get a receipt for a 20 deposit? Can you ask for written proof you will be secured a console Day 1?

I ordered online so I would hope each order has been queued on a system and shipped from a ring fenced online shipment stock in GS warehouses!

Gamestop stores all pre-order information on their systems, so they will know the exact date everyone pre-ordered, the stores that are saying they do not have a list will do one up soon enough, just like what other smaller Gamestops are doing around the country. We have already had 3 people confirm that their store are only hoping to get between 100-200 in for launch day, so they are only guaranteeing you that if you're 105th on the list and they only get 105 of them in you will get one, if your 106th hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Xenji wrote: »
    Gamestop stores all pre-order information on their systems, so they will know the exact date everyone pre-ordered, the stores that are saying they do not have a list will do one up soon enough, just like what other smaller Gamestops are doing around the country. We have already had 3 people confirm that their store are only hoping to get between 100-200 in for launch day, so they are only guaranteeing you that if you're 105th on the list and they only get 105 of them in you will get one, if your 106th hard luck.

That's the way it should be. None of this first come, first served BS. If I beat you to the pre-orders then tough sh1t, it's your own fault for not being quick enough.

I'm really hoping that I won't have to go at midnight to get one and that I can wait until the morning or afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    That's the way it should be. None of this first come, first served BS. If I beat you to the pre-orders then tough sh1t, it's your own fault for not being quick enough.

I'm really hoping that I won't have to go at midnight to get one and that I can wait until the morning or afternoon.

They usually hold preorder items for 48 hrs before selling them on but who knows with the PS4

Scylla wrote: »
    They usually hold preorder items for 48 hrs before selling them on but who knows with the PS4

All order goes out the window when you have a Zombie Horde outside your store at Midnight looking for PS4's! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So Stuck an order in with Amazon.co.uk yesterday, now I know won't get it on release date, but my thoughts are wait and see what the likes of Tesco will be getting into stock, if they do well and good I can cancel the Amazon order as I'm pretty sure they won't have enough to cover all their pre-orders.

Anyway that's my current strategy!

• Advertisement

So Stuck an order in with Amazon.co.uk yesterday, now I know won't get it on release date, but my thoughts are wait and see what the likes of Tesco will be getting into stock, if they do well and good I can cancel the Amazon order as I'm pretty sure they won't have enough to cover all their pre-orders.

Anyway that's my current strategy!

That is much better then no strategy at all and wondering why you cannot get a PS4 after launch!

That was reported over a week ago and has been proven false already and denied by Sony, plus it never made a mention of the EU market, only the US.

Say what you see an all that lol
    sorry buddy

Lol just wish we could wake up tomorrow and know when it's out and how many they will have officially

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Sony really have a job on their hands getting consoles manufactured and distributed. Wouldn't like to be the guy/gal
    who's job it is sorting that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What are Gamestop online like with pre-orders? Do they usually pre-orders out on day of release?

siblers wrote: »
    What are Gamestop online like with pre-orders? Do they usually pre-orders out on day of release?

They do with games anyway, if they have enough consoles and your high up on the list, they should deliver on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I'd be in the same boat, I'm in my mid 30's so I am not the same young Buck who has to have their piece of Tech 1 min past 12:00AM on Launch Day!

Its kinda funny, Anytime I picked up a game from a midnight launch I'd only play it for about 30 minutes before I start to gets the yawns and hit the scratcher.

I cant be handling these late midweek nights at all at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Its kinda funny, Anytime I picked up a game from a midnight launch I'd only play it for about 30 minutes before I start to gets the yawns and hit the scratcher.

I cant be handling these late midweek nights at all at all

+1....i'll be wrecked that night from all the excitement, so just gonna set the old new girl up and see what she has under her skirt...so to speak :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

Im going on holidays to america this Christmas, would it work out cheaper if i bought it over there?
    I know its region unlocked but is there anything I should worry about if I do this ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

mathsyay wrote: »
    Im going on holidays to america this Christmas, would it work out cheaper if i bought it over there?
    I know its region unlocked but is there anything I should worry about if I do this ?

The only thing is the power supply, its cord has different pins, but you can buy a converter on Ebay for pennies. Now i'm not 100% sure but i *think* modern PSU are multi region, as in they work worldwide.

Older hardware had specific power supplies internally or power brick or power cord that were region based. Eg; most if not all modern computer PSU's are multi region.

So overall i dont think you'll have any problems buying a US console and taking it home, but what about customs?....would they flag you on entry to Irl?

Using a currency converter it works out at €307...minus US tax. If you get flagged by customs expect another 23%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

If I preordered the PS4 on gamestop, could I go into the shop, show them the order number and trade in the ps3 with games?? Getting money off the console or cash in hand?

If I preordered the PS4 on gamestop, could I go into the shop, show them the order number and trade in the ps3 with games?? Getting money off the console or cash in hand?

Have you pre-ordered already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Xenji wrote: »
    Have you pre-ordered already?

Yep

I was told that if you trade in when getting your console the trade price will be alot less than If you trade it in now
    Gamestop in Santry told me

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

I've decided to keep my PS3. It's a 320GB slim so I wouldn't get a huge amount for it anyway, and since I'll have PS+, I figure I can milk the system and get free games on PS3 and PS4 simultaneously, so I'll never be left wanting if I'm waiting for more PS4 games to come after launch! :P

Plus backwards compatibility and an extra blu-ray player around for one of the TV's is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I was told I'd get 125 euro in GameStop for my 160 gb slim, that's with the 25% extra preorder deal included.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mathsyay wrote: »

There would be only one reason that I wouldn't personally buy one. If the console breaks, you're fcuked. Mate bought an American PS3 console when he was over for a short break and it broke due to YLOD after 6 months. No store in Ireland or N.I wanted anything to do with it. Even Sony Ireland refused to take it.

In the event of it breaking down, and unless things have changed, shipping it back/taking it back would be your only recourse.

It may work out cheaper if you bought it in the States, but there's a chance that it could work out a lot more expensive. If you're willing to take that gamble, go for it.

• Advertisement

How come so many trading in PS3's? There are still many great games still to come out Dark Souls, GTA V, Beyond 2 Souls......... And a AAA+ back catalogue oh and PSplus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement