Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Was in my local Gamestop this morning and the staff said I'm guaranteed a console on launch day. It'll be held for me for 48 hours and if don't collect it in that time frame I'll get a call to say do I want it, will I be collecting it soon or release it for someone else. Seemingly only over half of the PS4's he has available are pre-ordered. Also wasn't sure if there would be a midnight launch. Security been a big issue. Still not fully sure on the date either but probably final week in November.

I'm not pushed on having it straight away but if it's there for me I'll be happy out. At least now I know where I stand. Just said I'd ask all when I was there. Great to actually have staff that are big into their gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Was in my local Gamestop this morning and the staff said I'm guaranteed a console on launch day. It'll be held for me for 48 hours and if don't collect it in that time frame I'll get a call to say do I want it, will I be collecting it soon or release it for someone else. Seemingly only over half of the PS4's he has available are pre-ordered. Also wasn't sure if there would be a midnight launch. Security been a big issue. Still not fully sure on the date either but probably final week in November.

I'm not pushed on having it straight away but if it's there for me I'll be happy out. At least now I know where I stand. Just said I'd ask all when I was there. Great to actually have staff that are big into their gaming.
    At least that's good solid info, what store is nearest you?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

King Krib wrote: »
    At least that's good solid info, what store is nearest you?

I'm kinda between Cavan and Longford. I prefare to go into the Cavan branch as I find the staff there more helpful and big gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

pre ordered ages ago in gamestop and decided to throw a bit more towards it today and asked them where i stand in getting one on release, was told they are only getting so many and will only take pre orders up to that point, so im guaranteed one on launch and would be no trouble holding it till i collect it if i cant make it in on the day its out, also bundles are a definite but just not confirmed yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Has anyone preordered the ps4 in Limerick? And where?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mudlan wrote: »
    Has anyone preordered the ps4 in Limerick? And where?

Smyth's on Childers Road.....have it all paid off! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Good work, good work indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I had a nightmare last night that I had pre ordered a PS4 went in to collect it and ya one behind the counter in Gamsestop said all I had was store credit built up! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Honestly!!! 34 Years of age and as a family man you would think I would have bigger problems :o

Wish Sony would announce what bundles they'll have and how much, so i can fund it accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Wish Sony would announce what bundles they'll have and how much, so i can fund it accordingly.

Probably wont hear about bundles til they tell us the release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 TomLad15

Ordered mine today in Tralee half of it payed now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

TomLad15 wrote: »
    Ordered mine today in Tralee half of it payed now. :D

But late to br preordering..
    In gamestop in cruises St limerick, theyve hit there 120 preirder limit.
    All being ordered now have a "dont come in launh night" being said with them.

Here theyre putting your preorder number on the box when they get it

Told me i'd get it on the release night doesn't worry me though live on the borders between kerry and limerick so i just ordered to have it before christmas really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I can see the scumbags queuing up outside shopping centres like blanch waiting to rob some unsuspecting soul of his new launch night playstation 4, guaranteed to happen somewhere! Probably wise to leave it until daylight to collect your one unless you hire a bodyguard!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,214 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When shall we know what are the launch games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Headshot wrote: »
    When shall we know what are the launch games

These for now: http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/Playstation_4_Launch_Titles.

As more are added, I'm sure the usual places will let you know.

Watch dogs the only really good game on the list , probably get fifa anyway as usual. Assassins creed just looks boring to me like revelations...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

I'd say I will get Assassins Creed 4 & Watchdogs, really want the Decsec Edition of that so hopefully it will be available for PS4. May also pick up Knack :)

Metal gear solid 5 and the order are looking well too ! wonder if any more games coming out next year besides them few ?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Have put another 30eu today, bringing the whole thing to 250eu so far. Could not pit anything more as I payed rent and new glasses this week :(.

• Advertisement

Have put another 30eu today, bringing the whole thing to 250eu so far. Could not pit anything more as I payed rent and new glasses this week :(.

I found a second hand copy of Sleeping Dogs in an old second hand shop, was 7.50, i got 15 quid for it at Gamestop! :D

When i was down in Cork on Tuesday i went into Gamestop...they had the 3 for 2 deal. I picked up four 99c games and got Killzone 3 Steelbox edition + Modern Warefare 3 for free! :D

I resold KZ3 and MW3 back to Gamestop this morning, i got 12.90! :D

I'm flying it now with my gift cards....i have €437 paid off in Smyth's and i have enough for two PS4 games from Gamestop + the new PS4 camera.

:cool:

I found a second hand copy of Sleeping Dogs in an old second hand shop, was 7.50, i got 15 quid for it at Gamestop! :D

When i was down in Cork on Tuesday i went into Gamestop...they had the 3 for 2 deal. I picked up four 99c games and got Killzone 3 Steelbox edition + Modern Warefare 3 for free! :D

I resold KZ3 and MW3 back to Gamestop this morning, i got 12.90! :D

I'm flying it now with my gift cards....i have €437 paid off in Smyth's and i have enough for two PS4 games from Gamestop + the new PS4 camera.

:cool:

BRAVO!

This is exactly what M$ was trying to eliminate :p

Looks like my local gamestop might not do midnight launch :(.
    The issue is about security ( customers) on launch night. So many targets with brand new shining ps4s.

It's not written in stone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Looks like my local gamestop might not do midnight launch :(.
    The issue is about security ( customers) on launch night. So many targets with brand new shining ps4s.

It's not written in stone though.

wouldnt blame them
    say their will be war if theirs not enough consoles to be released
    also for the people who dont drive and have to get other transport home its abit risky for them
    considering their walking around with 400e+ worth of merchandise

Will be picking up the day after release , don't really feel like getting robbed on the launch night :P safety in numbers ;)

TomLad15 wrote: »
    Will be picking up the day after release , don't really feel like getting robbed on the launch night :P safety in numbers ;)

If i know *100%* my console is set aside with my name/number....i'll go in collect the next morning. Tis fair risky alright walking home with 600 quid worth of gear.

You can bet the scummers will be looking for an easy target.

If i know *100%* my console is set aside with my name/number....i'll go in collect the next morning. Tis fair risky alright walking home with 600 quid worth of gear.

You can bet the scummers will be looking for an easy target.

Well our gamestop is in main street with plenty of parking. I dont live that far away from gamestop, but I would drive up anyway. so it would be less then 20 meters from gamestop to my car.

Well our gamestop is in main street with plenty of parking. I dont live that far away from gamestop, but I would drive up anyway. so it would be less then 20 meters from gamestop to my car.

Someoone here should give us an ául lift home......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

Just added some games to my PS4 preorder Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition - Assassins Creed 4 Skull Edition and Knack.
    Can't wait for launch now :D

• Advertisement

I wish Dark Souls 2 was coming to PS4!

Does anyone think in the future will Gaikai be something like Netflix where you pay a subscription and get to play what you want from back catalogue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement