Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Just added some games to my PS4 preorder Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition - Assassins Creed 4 Skull Edition and Knack.
    Can't wait for launch now :D

I am thinking of putting one more game too now. Knack and Killzone are two main games, but I might put BF4 or Cod Ghost too. I might actually put Cod on PS4, because I am getting BF4 for pc anyway.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I wish Dark Souls 2 was coming to PS4!

Does anyone think in the future will Gaikai be something like Netflix where you pay a subscription and get to play what you want from back catalogue?

they already said, that you will be able to put in your ps3 game in to ps4 and it will start streaming that game, so its very doubtful they will make it netflix type way. though it would be SUPER COOL if they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

they already said, that you will be able to put in your ps3 game in to ps4 and it will start streaming that game, so its very doubtful they will make it netflix type way. though it would be SUPER COOL if they would.

SONY are already extremely generous with PSplus games, so it would not be a stretch to pay a monthly fee for access to a library of games! There is such a massive number of game out there for PS/ps2/ps3 that they are just going to be left unplayed and making no money unless they dished up like netflix. Well thats the dream anyway! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

I am thinking of putting one more game too now. Knack and Killzone are two main games, but I might put BF4 or Cod Ghost too. I might actually put Cod on PS4, because I am getting BF4 for pc anyway.

I may get a MP game like COD or Killzone aswell but tbh im a total girl when it comes to those games haha I'm crap at them.:p

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I may get a MP game like COD or Killzone aswell but tbh im a total girl when it comes to those games haha I'm crap at them.:p

Battlefield 4 is more forgiving I find. A lot more tactical and alot less of a twitch reaction shooter like COD.

Plus there are plenty of boys crap at shooters all it takes is practice! ;) The more girl gamers the better I even have my 3 year old daughter hooked on LEGO Batman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 TomLad15

Anyone see the e3 demo of watch dogs ? looks class :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Battlefield 4 is more forgiving I find. A lot more tactical and alot less of a twitch reaction shooter like COD.

Plus there are plenty of boys crap at shooters all it takes is practice! !

I find CoD much easier than BF, it's more of a pick and play game. I'm below average in FPS games but I can get some kills and decent KD ratios in CoD but in BF I can't kill anyone so I just end up supporting people with supplies instead. I find it takes too many hits to kill someone in BF while 1-2 shots will drop someone in CoD, all the weapons are just nerfed in BF. It's the killstreak perks in CoD that wreck it though.

I find CoD much easier than BF, it's more of a pick and play game. I'm below average in FPS games but I can get some kills and decent KD ratios in CoD but in BF I can't kill anyone so I just end up supporting people with supplies instead. I find it takes too many hits to kill someone in BF while 1-2 shots will drop someone in CoD, all the weapons are just nerfed in BF. It's the killstreak perks in CoD that wreck it though.

COD is the only game that gives me bloodshot eyes, I looked like something out of 28 Days Later so I had to playing them. I personally found BF less claustrophobic and expansive, but yeah its all based on personal preferences!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^^ so how are ye getting on paying off the console?....probbably 18 weeks to go....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

^^ so how are ye getting on paying off the console?....probbably 18 weeks to go....

I plan on getting it for €20(the deposit I paid).
    Also plan on getting a few games for that €20 too.

Can't say too much...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

F1ngers wrote: »
    I plan on getting it for €20(the deposit I paid).
    Also plan on getting a few games for that €20 too.

Can't say too much...;)

In fairness you've said too much already so you may as well finish the story !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TomLad15

How come we in Europe are getting the system before japan where sony is located ? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

TomLad15 wrote: »
    How come we in Europe are getting the system before japan where sony is located ?

Fairly obvious in fairness.
    marvsins wrote: »
    In fairness you've said too much already so you may as well finish the story !! ;)

I think it will keep til after release. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

TomLad15 wrote: »
    How come we in Europe are getting the system before japan where sony is located ? :P

It took Sony (and finally Nintendo too) 18 years to learn that Europe buys more consoles and games than Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

It took Sony (and finally Nintendo too) 18 years to learn that Europe buys more consoles and games than Japan.

Japan are more interested in handhelds nowdays anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm 56th on list in Gamestop so I'm happy enough with that.

King Krib wrote: »
    I'm 56th on list in Gamestop so I'm happy enough with that.

Resection and all that lads. :D

The preorders for next gen consoles are scary. Is it a sign of such huge hunger for next gen consoles or a sign of things going better.

We still got 4 months to go and most places already over booked. I can imagine some cowboys coming to gamestop 1 week before launch: "aye lad, I want to pre book one of those ps4 yokes! What I am in 548th place? I will get it only after Xmas if I am lucky? **** you! Gamestop is a rip off! I will go and moan at gamestop on internet now!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Pre-booked today in smiths (Fonthill) and there is around 100 people ahead of me. Will be interesting to know how many units they will get, hopefully enough that I can get it close to release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pre-booked today in smiths (Fonthill) and there is around 100 people ahead of me. Will be interesting to know how many units they will get, hopefully enough that I can get it close to release date.

Most stores have been saying between 50-100, with bigger ones getting 200

Looks like GameStop US are halting pre orders, its hardly surprising and if people are even thinking of getting pre ordering a PS4 here maybes its time to THINK FAST!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/07/gamestop-ends-ps4-pre-orders-as-unlimited-supply-runs-dry/

• Advertisement

Looks like GameStop US are halting pre orders, its hardly surprising and if people are even thinking of getting pre ordering a PS4 here maybes its time to THINK FAST!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/07/gamestop-ends-ps4-pre-orders-as-unlimited-supply-runs-dry/

Half tempted to get 2, keep on for myself and auction off the other on the launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

After reading this thread I got very concerned since I didn't think to pre-order yet! But I was just on to Smyths in Tallaght who "guarantee" a launch day console if you place a deposit at the moment. I asked her how she could guarantee that without knowing how much stock they will receive and she said that they will be informed when they reach the limit for pre-orders and for the moment anyone who puts down 20 quid is definitely getting a launch console...

Still worried tbh, but she was so adamant about the guarantee that I'm hopeful!

(might even get it in writing so I can at least hold it against them if there is any issues!)

WHY DID I NOT PRE-ORDER BEFORE NOW!!!?? FFFFUUUUUU...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    I've decided to keep my PS3. It's a 320GB slim so I wouldn't get a huge amount for it anyway, and since I'll have PS+, I figure I can milk the system and get free games on PS3 and PS4 simultaneously, so I'll never be left wanting if I'm waiting for more PS4 games to come after launch! :P

Plus backwards compatibility and an extra blu-ray player around for one of the TV's is handy.
    The exact reasons I'll be keeping the PS3. With all the games on it from Playstation Plus it's crazy to get rid of it for just over €100.

After reading this thread I got very concerned since I didn't think to pre-order yet! But I was just on to Smyths in Tallaght who "guarantee" a launch day console if you place a deposit at the moment. I asked her how she could guarantee that without knowing how much stock they will receive and she said that they will be informed when they reach the limit for pre-orders and for the moment anyone who puts down 20 quid is definitely getting a launch console...

Still worried tbh, but she was so adamant about the guarantee that I'm hopeful!

(might even get it in writing so I can at least hold it against them if there is any issues!)

WHY DID I NOT PRE-ORDER BEFORE NOW!!!?? FFFFUUUUUU...

I doubt as it stands that even Sony know how many consoles will be supplied to each market, let alone Smyth's.

Xenji wrote: »
    I doubt as it stands that even Sony know how many consoles will be supplied to each market, let alone Smyth's.

Yeah, I do get that, but sure I might as well stay positive! I can't do anything else to ensure a launch-day console!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Yeah, I do get that, but sure I might as well stay positive! I can't do anything else to ensure a launch-day console!

Why not just order off gamestop online? and get a launch day console that way, I take it they are still taking orders online?

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Why not just order off gamestop online? and get a launch day console that way, I take it they are still taking orders online?

How would that improve my chances?

I'm open to any ideas, btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Because if you pre order on line they guarantee a launch day console!
    I emailed them to make sure after i ordered, i wasn't too pushed about getting it launch day but they said i would anyway

Well I would presume they have stock divided among stores and online orders. All I have been hearing is people heading into stores and placing deposits and not ordering a PS4 online. SOOOOOO one could deduce they will have more stock for online orders left after store stock runs out????

I ordered online at Gamestop 2 weeks ago and emailed them a question to be told that I "should" get one launch day.

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Because if you pre order on line they guarantee a launch day console!
    I emailed them to make sure after i ordered, i wasn't too pushed about getting it launch day but they said i would anyway

Well, I just emailed Gamestop there and got the following response:

"If you order as soon as possible it is guaranteed to reach you by release date"

...I'll take that

Thanks for the suggestion FixitFelix!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement