Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Why not just order off gamestop online? and get a launch day console that way, I take it they are still taking orders online?

When did you pre-order, they were taking instore pre-orders for months before they did them online, so they would get preference, plus instore orders will get more quantity, people who ordered online will not be coming in the shops demanding their console on the day and causing chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Xenji wrote: »
    When did you pre-order, they were taking instore pre-orders for months before they did them online, so they would get preference, plus instore orders will get more quantity, people who ordered online will not be coming in the shops demanding their console on the day and causing chaos.

I pre order 2-3 weeks ago, he said i will get it launch day, but even if i don't im not pushed i am just passing on what the man said

Well, I just emailed Gamestop there and got the following response:

"If you order as soon as possible it is guaranteed to reach you by release date"

...I'll take that

Thanks for the suggestion FixitFelix!

No problem mate just thought it was the easiest way to go about it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

FixitFelix wrote: »
    No problem mate just thought it was the easiest way to go about it:cool:

It certainly was! Did it all from my couch! haha

Just to note, I sent a message on Facebook to them too and just received another response saying: "Yes right now if you preorder a PS4 on our website you are guaranteed one for launch day. You get free express shipping."

So whether or not it's a lie, or optimism, or that they actually do know something that the world doesn't know, it still has me hopeful!

It certainly was! Did it all from my couch! haha

Just to note, I sent a message on Facebook to them too and just received another response saying: "Yes right now if you preorder a PS4 on our website you are guaranteed one for launch day. You get free express shipping."

So whether or not it's a lie, or optimism, or that they actually do know something that the world doesn't know, it still has me hopeful!

You can only go by what you are told, but atleast its done now and ye can just wait on the knock on the door release day

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I preordered the day after the Feb reveal so......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I preordered the day after the Feb reveal so......:cool:

Well I have just pre ordered the PS5 :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I doubt as it stands that even Sony know how many consoles will be supplied to each market, let alone Smyth's.

We are aware of our allocation, which may increase but for now it is what it is. Anyone preorders a PS4 at this moment in time in Smyths and they are guaranteed for launch week.

Gamestop have booked through, but probably got more core gamer's pre books plus they trade in consoles so were shop of choice for more people I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

preordered on June 20 from amazon UK, i know that's a bit more expensive but i hope they will be well stocked. its still hard to know whats going on as regards close-to-launch deliveries (know it won't be on the day, but that's fine) as they don't distinguish their editions as they did on amazon US. hoping just to have one for Christmas, would be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

Is there any American site you can preorder from, that will ship it at a reasonable price? Should work out a bit cheaper with games and stuff included.

• Advertisement

Is there any American site you can preorder from, that will ship it at a reasonable price? Should work out a bit cheaper with games and stuff included.

one word = customs

You could go that route, but it would cost you close to 100 euro in customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd be more worried about sort any issues if something goes wrong.

Varik wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about sort any issues if something goes wrong.

plus....if ye get a dead machine sure tis easy to pop down to smyths and blag a new one, not so much fun posting 3.5kg to the uk or us....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

Totally forgot about customs, actually don't know how I did that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Does anyone know if you pay in full or a small booking charge for pre orders in smyths?

Does anyone know if you pay in full or a small booking charge for pre orders in smyths?

Get a gift card, its free....you can put any amount you want on it, i was literallu just in there 20 mins ago and put a fiver on my PS4 preorder....i have 436.99 paid off :D

PS4 preorder costs 20 Euro...if you cancel the order you dont get it back, you cant pay any money directly onto it, as in you cant pay 400 on a preorder. pay 20 preorder and get a giftcard, present giftcard on launch night and its deducted off the cost of the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Get a gift card, its free....you can put any amount you want on it, i was literallu just in there 20 mins ago and put a fiver on my PS4 preorder....i have 436.99 paid off :D

PS4 preorder costs 20 Euro...if you cancel the order you dont get it back, you cant pay any money directly onto it, as in you cant pay 400 on a preorder. pay 20 preorder and get a giftcard, present giftcard on launch night and its deducted off the cost of the console.
    Isn't it 400 euros for a PS4? o.0

Isn't it 400 euros for a PS4? o.0

Poor Richard is addicted, lol he is already paying off games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Poor Richard is addicted, lol he is already paying off games.

you mean Rich Richard ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So Amazon ( at least in US ) is not taking anymore preorders for Ps4 and xbox one too.

Looks like the unlimited console flood gone dry. :pac: I really doubt we will have enough to go around in Ireland for all preorders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So Amazon ( at least in US ) is not taking anymore preorders for Ps4 and xbox one too.

Looks like the unlimited console flood gone dry. :pac: I really doubt we will have enough to go around in Ireland for all preorders.

The pre-order button is still up, does it bounce back with an error if you try go through with the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EnterNow wrote: »
    The pre-order button is still up, does it bounce back with an error if you try go through with the order?

For the US you can't but the UK will still allow it.

You can only pre-order the standard edition now, the launch edition is not a different sku like the ONE but is the one that ship at launch.

If you preorder the standard edition it'll be one of the later shipments amazon receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    For the US you can't but the UK will still allow it.

You can only pre-order the standard edition now, the launch edition is not a different sku like the ONE but is the one that ship at launch.

If you preorder the standard edition it'll be one of the later shipments amazon receive.

Amazon.co.uk never had a launch edition option though, so this is only the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Ordered mine on Amazon UK because I will have moved back to Scotland by the time the PS4 is released. Paying with gift certificates is very handy, only around 100 euro to go! Ordered 2 days after the announcement so should be getting it on release day. I contacted their support about that and got this response:
    "All orders for the PlayStation 4 Console will be sent in time for the release day. We do not currently have a separate Launch Edition and Standard Edition on the site, so all orders placed for the PS4 will be sent in time for the as-yet-unannounced launch day."

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Battleflag wrote: »
    Ordered mine on Amazon UK because I will have moved back to Scotland by the time the PS4 is released. Paying with gift certificates is very handy, only around 100 euro to go! Ordered 2 days after the announcement so should be getting it on release day. I contacted their support about that and got this response:

Did amazon say if the standard delivery would do for receiving day 1 ?
    When i preordered originally afew days after e3, i choose standard delivery option, but went back and changed to express bringing the total to 440e.
    I think the express added another 20 or there about.

Im trying to find out now if the express is needed.

Did amazon say if the standard delivery would do for receiving day 1 ?
    When i preordered originally afew days after e3, i choose standard delivery option, but went back and changed to express bringing the total to 440e.
    I think the express added another 20 or there about.

Im trying to find out now if the express is needed.

I read to get your PS4 day one select Express but that only applies to UK residents! Check out the below link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Will-PS4-delivered-lanuch-day/forum/Fx1NG5RC9J0Q0RG/Tx4RFODS63C1VP/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00BE4HOIM

Also just came across this article about when the PS4 might release!

http://whatculture.com/gaming/ps4-and-xbox-one-the-realistic-launch-dates.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vinno21

I have pre-ordered my ps4 at smyths, I live in dublin and I was not told if I was getting it day one. I pre-ordered it about two weeks ago and was told I would be notified by text when it was there. Was anyone else told this dose that mean I will not be getting it day one. are smyths having a mid-night release also, I tryed talking to girl who took the pre-order but she hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

• Advertisement

vinno21 wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered my ps4 at smyths, I live in dublin and I was not told if I was getting it day one. I pre-ordered it about two weeks ago and was told I would be notified by text when it was there. Was anyone else told this dose that mean I will not be getting it day one. are smyths having a mid-night release also, I tryed talking to girl who took the pre-order but she hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

We are all pre ordering on blind fate that we will get it day one. I am expecting a courier Launch day with my PS4 from Gamestop, if not I wont lose any sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement