Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Varik wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about sort any issues if something goes wrong.

Amen. My Dad picked me up a PS3 in Hong Kong on release day, far cheaper than here. Worked like a dream more or less for 18 months (I think) and then I got the yellow light of doom. A European Console I could have replaced with the extended warranty, but as it was HK model the only way I could have fixed it was to return it there (as Sony Europe wouldn't take it) which was obviously never going to happen, so I had to buy a new one in HMV.

That one broke after a month, and I was able to bring it in and replace it on the same day.

I'll never make that mistake again with importing a console from outside the UK or Ireland.

I've pre-ordered mine on Gamestop.ie who very politely placed a €400 hold on my account for the next week. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Amen. My Dad picked me up a PS3 in Hong Kong on release day, far cheaper than here. Worked like a dream more or less for 18 months (I think) and then I got the yellow light of doom. A European Console I could have replaced with the extended warranty, but as it was HK model the only way I could have fixed it was to return it there (as Sony Europe wouldn't take it) which was obviously never going to happen, so I had to buy a new one in HMV.

That one broke after a month, and I was able to bring it in and replace it on the same day.

I'll never make that mistake again with importing a console from outside the UK or Ireland.

I've pre-ordered mine on Gamestop.ie who very politely placed a €400 hold on my account for the next week. Cheers lads.

at least it will be 400 euro you'll have next week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You're covered by irish consumer laws when it's bought here as well as the warranty.

Getting mine of their site as well, had to change the order a bit and their site still has the old one on my account. They don't have the greatest site around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Pre-ordering my PS4 next week in Smyths. I don't care if I don't get it on release, I just want it on release week. Gonna order BF4 too and maybe Watch Dogs ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pre-ordering my PS4 next week in Smyths. I don't care if I don't get it on release, I just want it on release week. Gonna order BF4 too and maybe Watch Dogs ;).

If you do not get it on release, you have no hope of getting it on the week, you are quite a bit behind others in pre-ordering and they are only getting so many in, you will be very low on the list at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Xenji wrote: »
    If you do not get it on release, you have no hope of getting it on the week, you are quite a bit behind others in pre-ordering and they are only getting so many in, you will be very low on the list at this stage.
    dunno if your really that far behind, I preordered in xtravision and gamestop maybe 8 weeks ago and was around number 30 on both lists. Went into smyths last week with my wee girl had a chat with the guy there and preordered again..... number 4 on their list was suprised but will defo get 1 on release and if there is a major shortage will get the other 2 aswell and maybe turn a buck on em

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dzonymasa

GAMESTOP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

For the first time in my life, I'm on a pre-order list. In smiths. Guy said I should get one on release date, not too bothered if I have to wait a week. Looked like the pre-order list had about 20 names till he said it was actually the 3rd A4 page of names! Also got a gift card, which is definitely a handy way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Pre-ordered back in March, so I reckon, I will be ok to get one at launch, at least I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

wes wrote: »
    Pre-ordered back in March, so I reckon, I will be ok to get one at launch, at least I hope so.

Well if your not safe then the rest of us are up Scheisse Creek without a paddle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

ordered at Amazon, but hoping everyone sells out like last time... then i'll sell it on ebay and buy it again in the new year when it drops after the xmas rush. I wouldnt mind waiting to see after more games and how the xbox is received...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Well if your not safe then the rest of us are up Scheisse Creek without a paddle!

You just never know with these things, and from past experience, I wouldn't take anything for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Shur it could still be delayed til March next year like the PS3 was :p

Keith wrote: »
    Shur it could still be delayed til March next year like the PS3 was :p

Well then Sony could expect a strongly worded email if that were to happen!

wes wrote: »

Obviously it depends on how many the shop gets, and considering it's so early and they have no clue how many they'd get, I wouldn't be banking on it.

I would assume if Smyths ireland get say, 4k consoles on release (figure pulled out of my ass, no idea how many they'll get), they'll ask each shop how many pre orders they all have and divide it up like that.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Obviously it depends on how many the shop gets, and considering it's so early and they have no clue how many they'd get, I wouldn't be banking on it.

I would assume if Smyths ireland get say, 4k consoles on release (figure pulled out of my ass, no idea how many they'll get), they'll ask each shop how many pre orders they all have and divide it up like that.

No store will get more than 50-100 consoles each I reckon and a mate of mine who is a manager in Gamestop in town reckons the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No store will get more than 50-100 consoles each I reckon and a mate of mine who is a manager in Gamestop in town reckons the same thing.

If anything all stores should get more seeing as there are less stores now than ever. No HMV, no GAME, and all Xtra Visions near me have closed down.

If anything all stores should get more seeing as there are less stores now than ever. No HMV, no GAME, and all Xtra Visions near me have closed down.

That can also work the other way as well, they are all chain stores, so will just be given X amount to be divided among their stores, Sony could set a limit on how many chains get and that would leave us with a big shortfall.

They did this with the PS2.

There'll be a lot of disappointment on release day.
    How do they work the pre-order list? Imagine a shop gets 50 consoles. If i'm say, 25 on the list and I don't call in to pick up my console on release day will they just sell it to someone else on the list? Or do they hold the 50 consoles for the top 50 people

Cienciano wrote: »
    There'll be a lot of disappointment on release day.
    How do they work the pre-order list? Imagine a shop gets 50 consoles. If i'm say, 25 on the list and I don't call in to pick up my console on release day will they just sell it to someone else on the list? Or do they hold the 50 consoles for the top 50 people

I mentioned it awhile back in this thread, but the manger mate of mine said his Gamestop are going by a list and other peoples Gamestops said the same thing.

When you pre-order it is logged on their system, so they know straight away who ordered and on what date, they can tell you what number you are, but cannot tell you if you are really gonna get one. They say they will guarantee you a console, and this is true, but only if they lets say got 75 consoles in and you were one of the first 75 to pre-order.

He said you would be called a few days before to confirm you will definitely be coming into get one and they will only hold your console for 2 days after launch.

• Advertisement

I mentioned it awhile back in this thread, but the manger mate of mine said his Gamestop are going by a list and other peoples Gamestops said the same thing.

When you pre-order it is logged on their system, so they know straight away who ordered and on what date, they can tell you what number you are, but cannot tell you if you are really gonna get one. They say they will guarantee you a console, and this is true, but only if they lets say got 75 consoles in and you were one of the first 75 to pre-order.

He said you would be called a few days before to confirm you will definitely be coming into get one and they will only hold your console for 2 days after launch.

Hopefully if people who pre booked early and do not get a console can question where they where on the list and exactly how many console the store got in. I would defiantly complain if I felt I was hoodwinked out of a console even after having the foresight to pre order early!

Hopefully if people who pre booked early and do not get a console can question where they where on the list and exactly how many console the store got in. I would defiantly complain if I felt I was hoodwinked out of a console even after having the foresight to pre order early!

If you kept your receipt, the date you pre-ordered will be on it as well, so your covered either way. He also said to make things easier on the launch day that if you have paid off your console and paid off your games and are on the list, they will leave it all aside for you and they will just hand it over to you straight away when you come in to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Im number 3 on the pre order list in my local gamestop.. Have been paying money off my pre order the last couple of months, on my receipt it has customer order number 3, so look on your receipt an it should tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Im number 3 on the pre order list in my local gamestop.. Have been paying money off my pre order the last couple of months, on my receipt it has customer order number 3, so look on your receipt an it should tell you

Whereabouts in the receipt is that? All iv got is Customer #1899

Keith wrote: »
    Whereabouts in the receipt is that? All iv got is Customer #1899

On the top part it has customer order number 3 and every time i put money off and i get a new receipt it has customer order number 3, i ordered mine back months back, the first week that you could pre order

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    On the top part it has customer order number 3 and every time i put money off and i get a new receipt it has customer order number 3, i ordered mine back months back, the first week that you could pre order

Not on my receipt either and I got mine in February, although I know I was the first to pre-order in the store.

Not on my receipt either and I got mine in February, although I know I was the first to pre-order in the store.

Its on mine, im in work ill check properly when i get home.. But its definetly there..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 cool4cats17

Got mine in June

No Customer Order Number in line with a number that could be identified as your place in line

Got mine in June

No Customer Order Number in line with a number that could be identified as your place in line

I'm sure it would be easy to pull up a spreadsheet with pre order vs date and time at each store. Well I would hope so as a piece of paper with names jotted down on it would not be a reliable and fair way of keeping track of pre orders!

• Advertisement

just checked my receipts, on part of all the receipts it has the same thing printed...

"PRESELL ORDER INFO#

"CUSTOMER # 3

"CUSTOMER NAME .

"PHONE #

I also asked the sales guy where on the pre order list I am and he said your number 3 on the list...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement