Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    just checked my receipts, on part of all the receipts it has the same thing printed...

"PRESELL ORDER INFO#

"CUSTOMER # 3

"CUSTOMER NAME .

"PHONE #

I also asked the sales guy where on the pre order list I am and he said your number 3 on the list...

Jesus, if thats right then iv no chance of a launch day console, im number 1899!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

On the top part it has customer order number 3 and every time i put money off and i get a new receipt it has customer order number 3, i ordered mine back months back, the first week that you could pre order

mine has #2050 on it, however I;ve been told 3 times, by 3 different staff, I'm in the 70s on the preorder list:)

That number means sweet feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

bennyl10 wrote: »
    mine has #2050 on it, however I;ve been told 3 times, by 3 different staff, I'm in the 70s on the preorder list:)

when did you place your pre order ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Could be #2050 nationwide????

when did you place your pre order ??

game stop, cruises st, limerick

• Advertisement

game stop, cruises st, limerick

when ?? I placed my order in my local gamestop the first day that you could pre order..

when ?? I placed my order in my local gamestop the first day that you could pre order..

almost 3 months now, I'm just saying what they've told me in the shop is that I'm in the 70s.. manager and 2 normal sales assistants have all verified this for me.

The number could be national of course.

almost 3 months now, I'm just saying what they've told me in the shop is that I'm in the 70s.. manager and 2 normal sales assistants have all verified this for me.

The number could be national of course.

well hopefully everybody who has been posting on this thread gets a ps4 on the day of release...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just checked there and mine says 3879 and I pre-ordered in the middle of february, so I would not go by the number, it means nothing, its just a reference number, I pre-ordered GTA on the same day and the number beside that say 3890.

And looking at my receipt, it makes no mention of Presell Order Info, it says Reserve Order Deposit and I am Customer 1509.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be easy to pull up a spreadsheet with pre order vs date and time at each store. Well I would hope so as a piece of paper with names jotted down on it would not be a reliable and fair way of keeping track of pre orders!

A piece of paper with names on it is a perfectly good way of doing it! Just come in, give your name, tick it off the list. Simple!
    Although, if that sheet of paper goes missing, god help the shop.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    A piece of paper with names on it is a perfectly good way of doing it! Just come in, give your name, tick it off the list. Simple!
    Although, if that sheet of paper goes missing, god help the shop.

I have seen names getting inserted onto the middle lists once to many times in my lifetime :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

again.....first on the list <<< :cool:

I'm heading down to Smyths in Limerick, going to pay the guy behind the counter €100 to delete your name off the list :cool:

I think anybody that pre ordered in the first month or two will get a ps4 on day 1 of release.. the big surge in pre orders only seemed to happen in the last couple of months when people saw what xbox1 had to offer...

I'm heading down to Smyths in Limerick, going to pay the guy behind the counter €100 to get you put on the Xbone list! :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

well lads if worse comes to worse
    you can always pre order off littlewoods
    sure its 79euros dearer but you can be guarenteed to get one cause i cant imagin many people over paying for the console :L prices on that site are insane

xbox one , with call of duty ghosts and fifa 14 is 749e :L

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭jvrk

Ordered mine in gamestop in the parkway on the 17th of last month better get one at launch have every other sony got on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

been doing some thinking about this whole pre-order thing. i have an order with amazon.co.uk since june 20. i'm starting to doubt that amazon are going to have enough stock as they, obviously, haven't divided between standard and launch ps4s as amazon.com did and maybe they're just taking far too many pre-orders.

i was considering cancelling with amazon and ordering directly from sony ireland online. i see they still are taking pre-orders with a launch guarantee, the only proviso being you have to pay up front. i'm ok with that, as i have the money now and am useless at saving, so it suits me to be honest. i could pay up front with xtra-vision but i wouldn't bet €400 on them being in business come mid-late november. any advice from anyone, who has dealt directly with sony ireland online, would be appreciated. stock wise, i guess the logic is, if sony ireland won't have them, nobody will!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

been doing some thinking about this whole pre-order thing. i have an order with amazon.co.uk since june 20. i'm starting to doubt that amazon are going to have enough stock as they, obviously, haven't divided between standard and launch ps4s as amazon.com did and maybe they're just taking far too many pre-orders.

i was considering cancelling with amazon and ordering directly from sony ireland online. i see they still are taking pre-orders with a launch guarantee, the only proviso being you have to pay up front. i'm ok with that, as i have the money now and am useless at saving, so it suits me to be honest. i could pay up front with xtra-vision but i wouldn't bet €400 on them being in business come mid-late november. any advice from anyone, who has dealt directly with sony ireland online, would be appreciated. stock wise, i guess the logic is, if sony ireland won't have them, nobody will!

if i remember correctly, my da got me a ps3 off them for the launch i was only mid teens at the time so obviously i couldnt place the order myself
    but i think he done it with them and i got it bang on launch day
    although if memory serves their customer service is absolutly horrid, although they might of changed since then :D

like i said i didnt place the order meself and im not 100% if he done it with sony ireland so dont take my word for it
    but surely if they guarentee you will get it for launch i cant see the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnPMoloney

Was In Gamestop in Donaghmede and they have been Allocated 88 Consoles of the PS4 for launch

I am 37 on the list so he said I am guaranteed one on launch day. Also, he said that no one from 1-88 on the preorder list
    will have to be there on the day. Names and phone no's will be written on each one and all will be contacted and they will hold
    for about a week.

Great News..

• Advertisement

Was In Gamestop in Donaghmede and they have been Allocated 88 Consoles of the PS4 for launch

I am 37 on the list so he said I am guaranteed one on launch day. Also, he said that no one from 1-88 on the preorder list
    will have to be there on the day. Names and phone no's will be written on each one and all will be contacted and they will hold
    for about a week.

Great News..
    Hmmm, think there was more than 88 names on the list in Smyths on the Fonthill Road. Fúck it, worry about it on release day

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hmmm, think there was more than 88 names on the list in Smyths on the Fonthill Road. Fúck it, worry about it on release day

At least your name is down, I can see some late comers after launch not getting one until March

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

for about a week.

Great News..

I emailed Gamestop this morning and just got a reply. They said no shop has been given stock numbers and there is no truth in 88 consoles for Donaghmede. They still have no idea of allocation numbers from SCEE. I asked about my position in line since I ordered a month ago and was told he had no idea as they don't know stock numbers for online orders. Just first come first serve.

I cannot believe it has only been little over a month since the PS4 reveal. I may try a Cartman when he traveled to the future to pick up a wii! I just want to hold my PS4 in my hands and gently caress it, then bring it to its new home in the space I have made under my flatscreen!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I cannot believe it has only been little over a month since the PS4 reveal. I may try a Cartman when he traveled to the future to pick up a wii! I just want to hold my PS4 in my hands and gently caress it, then bring it to its new home in the space I have made under my flatscreen!

I think you already did a Cartman, it was revealed 5 months ago. Just didn't know what the console actually looked like until a month ago.

I think you already did a Cartman, it was revealed 5 months ago. Just didn't know what the console actually looked like until a month ago.

nevermind-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-214.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    if i remember correctly, my da got me a ps3 off them for the launch i was only mid teens at the time so obviously i couldnt place the order myself
    but i think he done it with them and i got it bang on launch day
    although if memory serves their customer service is absolutly horrid, although they might of changed since then :D

like i said i didnt place the order meself and im not 100% if he done it with sony ireland so dont take my word for it
    but surely if they guarentee you will get it for launch i cant see the problem

thanks a mil for that information, i might give them a go so as i'm getting suspicious about amazon and their ability to meet all pre-orders. your Da was good to you! thanks again.

took the plunge with sony.ie and cancelled the amazon order. they say they guarantee the order will be shipped on release day (if its not exact day its fine) so i guess time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JohnPMoloney

I emailed Gamestop this morning and just got a reply. They said no shop has been given stock numbers and there is no truth in 88 consoles for Donaghmede. They still have no idea of allocation numbers from SCEE. I asked about my position in line since I ordered a month ago and was told he had no idea as they don't know stock numbers for online orders. Just first come first serve.

Well that's what I was told unless the dude was bull****ting, why would he though and come up with such a round figure like 88?
    Did you pre-order online? If so, sure the allocation would be different than going directly through the store.

I will be paying more off on Tuesday so will see if I can get some sort of confirmation.

Well that's what I was told unless the dude was bull****ting, why would he though and come up with such a round figure like 88?
    Did you pre-order online? If so, sure the allocation would be different than going directly through the store.

I will be paying more off on Tuesday so will see if I can get some sort of confirmation.

I pre-ordered online over a month ago. I just asked them did they know how many they are getting for online orders seeing as Donaghmede said they were getting 88 units and where I was in the overall online list. He (Jamie) replied that no store has any numbers yet and was just told to get your name down as early as possible and there are no guarantees. Seemed a very vague response and he didn't even answer my request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I pre-ordered online over a month ago. I just asked them did they know how many they are getting for online orders seeing as Donaghmede said they were getting 88 units and where I was in the overall online list. He (Jamie) replied that no store has any numbers yet and was just told to get your name down as early as possible and there are no guarantees. Seemed a very vague response and he didn't even answer my request.

That's funny, because before I ordered one from gamestop online, the 2 people I asked (via FB and email) both said "guaranteed" in there responses! haha

Sure I guess we'll all have to just hold our breaths till then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement