Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

yay 85 paid off mine now in Gamestop almost a quarter of the way there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Droped another 50eu on my preorder.

So 300eu payed off so far. 280 eu of it for ps4 itself. So hopefully I will pay off machine soon and I will be able to pay off games and controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Gamestop appear to be confused and are definitely sending out mixed messages. I walked past the one in the Parkway about 20 minutes ago and there's a sign saying there's 40 PS4 pre-orders left (incidentally there's 38 X1s left).

Personally I ordered in Smyths a good while ago and am pretty high up the list (although obviously not as far up as Richard :pac:) so I'm fairly hopeful of getting one at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Well lets all hope that little Johnny whom never preordered does not find his way onto the middle of the "LIST". The only fair way is to distribute from an electronically produced list.

Also when the PS3 was released over 20,000 units were brought in for the first day of the Irish launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Also when the PS3 was released over 20,000 units were brought in for the first day of the Irish launch.

That was because the launch was delayed by 5 months so they had more than enough time to get stock together. If it met it's launch window of November '06 there would have probably been half that in the country.

• Advertisement

That was because the launch was delayed by 5 months so they had more than enough time to get stock together. If it met it's launch window of November '06 there would have probably been half that in the country.

So you could maybe say there will be between 10-20 consoles available on launch day going by past experience

jaffusmax wrote: »
    So you could maybe say there will be between 10-20 consoles available on launch day going by past experience

I'd say it's hard to say, as there's a good few less shops around now, with Game gone, and HMV only opening a few branches again in August, which might be too late to even order in consoles for launch, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This time there will be shortages with the PS4. Every country will be short of stock if current media hype is accurate. The PS3 however, partially due to it's price tag and being so late, mainly only Sony diehards got a PS3 at launch leaving plenty of stock left. Fortunately or unfortunately, however one wants to look at it it's going to be a case of every gamer for themselves come launch of the PS4. Hopefully Sony can get a topup batch shipped out before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Hopefully Sony can get a topup batch shipped out before Christmas.

Or hopefully not :cool: I have 3 preorders and wanna make a profit.... maybe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well in my local gamestop ( in a small town ), we got 90 PS4 and 40 Xbox one preordered so far. Still taking preorders. Looks like people are really hungry for next gen stuff. there will be shocking shortage on launch, when people will finally decide to push the trigger on the hype wave. It will be way too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

dropped the 460 notes required for the ps4 today on sony.ie. i had saved money since start of the year once next-gen was announced. i just don't know if the various retailers are on top of their potential stock numbers, really hard to say. sony.ie saying its guaranteed, so they better not be messing!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Going through the pre-order on the Sony.ie site it says that the expected delivery date will be Dec 30 - Jan 3!

Issac wrote: »
    Going through the pre-order on the Sony.ie site it says that the expected delivery date will be Dec 30 - Jan 3!

as it does on most sites, cos they don't have a release date, its says they will deliver on release date on the first page, they just can't say what that is

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Girlfrirend put down a deposit of 50 for me at gamestop. Prefer Smyrna software zone guys, show more interest in gaming, plus gamestop seem to be charging 65 instead of 60 for ps4 games. Thank games aren't region locked, Gina be using amazon a bit just to avoid gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gamestop in limerick have a sign up saying today is the last day to pre order for launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

A friend told me that a Gamestop store in Cork told him that they will stop taking preorders at the end of this month..

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    A friend told me that a Gamestop store in Cork told him that they will stop taking preorders at the end of this month..

other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-221.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Looking at the Smyths website, it says the PS4 is expected to be released December 2013. This raised my eye brow for a second but i'm sure they haven't updated the website since Feb announcement.

http://www.toys.ie/Playstation-4-Console-!130990-prd.aspx

PS4 Sells For Over $850 On eBay

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-sells-over-850-ebay-photo-1353395

Now how thick are some people? They are still taking pre orders in the States in some retailers yet people feel the need to still pay the touts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Some people. I've 2 pre-orders over here in the US I dont need 2 but dont want to cancel one so I can definately get one. If worst comes to it I can sell one but hopefully I'll only have to get the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I really dont see the problem ordering more than 1, if people dont both to preorder in time whose fault is that?
    I wouldnt pay crazy money for a machine but im sure ps4 prices will be really high come xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

cadete wrote: »
    I really dont see the problem ordering more than 1, if people dont both to preorder in time whose fault is that?
    I wouldnt pay crazy money for a machine but im sure ps4 prices will be really high come xmas

I pre-ordered from Amazon as soon as it was available but then they said after the order that I didnt order in time so not on the launch edition. So went to gamestop and pre-ordered the next day available with $100 down. Meanwhile amazon emailed me back to say that it was their mistake and I did in fact have the launch edition so have 2 orders. Unlike Gamestop in Ireland Gamestop US only started taking pre-orders after E3 before that they just directed you to a website which allowed you to enroll to recieve comms when it would be available to pre-order. Amazon one still there as they dont take any cash till shipment week by then I should be able to cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

I preordered mine in Gamestop in Omni shopping centre in Santry, Dublin a few weeks ago on the 6th of July. Having seen this thread, I got a bit worried so last friday my girlfriend went in to see what my chances were of getting it on launch.

First she asked to confirm they are doing it by a list, which they are.
    Then she asked where I am on the list and if I'll be able to get a PS4 on launch. They asked if I had preordered already, she said yes, and they said "Then he will get one at launch."

They told her that they were just starting a NEW list for preorders, but the people on this new list would NOT be getting a PS4 at launch, but rather, they would be getting their 2nd shipment of PS4's.

So if you're looking for a launch PS4, Omni Gamestop is a no go, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of places.

Time is running out..

I emailed gamestop.ie over the weekend about ordering a console through there website (if I would get one at launch) and they said if I pre ordered now Id get one at launch???

I don't know if they're just saying this to get me to pre order and then down the line say that actually I wont get one at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I emailed gamestop.ie over the weekend about ordering a console through there website (if I would get one at launch) and they said if I pre ordered now Id get one at launch???

I don't know if they're just saying this to get me to pre order and then down the line say that actually I wont get one at launch?

You might as well. All you can do is chance it now at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dropped the 460 notes required for the ps4 today on sony.ie. i had saved money since start of the year once next-gen was announced. i just don't know if the various retailers are on top of their potential stock numbers, really hard to say. sony.ie saying its guaranteed, so they better not be messing!
    €460! The rip off bastards!

Just took a look at Smyths website:
    http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-4-!WCAT274-cat.aspx
    Is that just a provisional holding price, or are they actually charging €65 for games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You can pre-order now, and they will guarantee you will get the console, but that is only if they actually get enough stock in to cover all orders.

Cienciano wrote: »

Is that just a provisional holding price, or are they actually charging €65 for games?

That could very well be the real price. It always tends to be higher at the start of a generation. I'm pretty sure games were around 70 at the start of the last generation.

Best order now either way or it will be the new year before you get your paws on one!

Keep the email and complain if you don't get one at launch and it may ensure you are covered for the next batch! ;)

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »

sorry, the €460 inculdes a second dualshock, my fault for not saying. emailed them to make sure they will get it to me on release, awaiting a response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement