Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Cienciano wrote: »
    €460! The rip off bastards!

Just took a look at Smyths website:
    http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-4-!WCAT274-cat.aspx
    Is that just a provisional holding price, or are they actually charging €65 for games?
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    That could very well be the real price. It always tends to be higher at the start of a generation. I'm pretty sure games were around 70 at the start of the last generation.

I think I remember games being as high as €80 during the first year of PS3. To be honest, I don't mind paying €65 for launch games on PS4 because I was expecting them to be as high as €80 again.

It'll be the same story again. High at first and then they'll eventually come down to what we're used to nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

this is still on the sony.ie site when you go to the PS4 product page,

ps4-preorder

very curious to see what sony will reply through email. it would be pretty misleading to be unable to guarantee a release day PS4 with that message on the site before you purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ireally really want them just to post the damn launch date. It is very annoying now: " I CANT WAIT FOR PS4 ON..... EM....... em....... in the end of 2013? Maybe early 2014? December? August? :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

sorry, the €460 inculdes a second dualshock, my fault for not saying. emailed them to make sure they will get it to me on release, awaiting a response.

Ah, that's not bad then. Thought Sony would charge a "sony tax", they're usually more expensive than anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Ireally really want them just to post the damn launch date. It is very annoying now: " I CANT WAIT FOR PS4 ON..... EM....... em....... in the end of 2013? Maybe early 2014? December? August? :confused::pac:
    Isn't November 13th the launch date for the PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

it will be mid to late-november alright. sony will announce it at gamescom 2013, but people have a fair idea already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No because that's a Wednesday. Most likely dates are the 15th or 22nd of November for the UK launch date. That's if it's a world wide release. It could be staggered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No because that's a Wednesday. Most likely dates are the 15th or 22nd of November for the UK launch date. That's if it's a world wide release. It could be staggered.

America usually get games released on Tuesdays - suspect the PS4 will be a Tuesday for them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Really hope it comes out on a friday, having the whole weekend to play it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Keith wrote: »
    Really hope it comes out on a friday, having the whole weekend to play it would be great.

The PS 1, 2, and 3 all launched on a Friday in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What did they have to eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

maximoose wrote: »

Well the PS1 had the n64 and Saturn, while the PS2 absolutely devoured the Gamecube and Xbox. The PS3 was a little bit late getting to the table but still got reasonably full.

maximoose wrote: »

Good eye :P

Damn you school! Why can't the PS4 come out on a holiday or something ...

F1ngers wrote: »
    America usually get games released on Tuesdays - suspect the PS4 will be a Tuesday for them too.

For them yeah but not for Europe. Every recent console bar the N64 was the same.

Sometimes we get really big games released here on Tuedays in line with the US but they are exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Release date "holiday 2013"

Get it for Christmas then.:pac:

Woofstuff wrote: »
    Release date "holiday 2013"

For Americans the end of November to New Years is a ""holiday"" marketing wise.

E3 marketing is geared to the US.

Gamescom in Germany next month will be geared to us in the EU.

Get it for Christmas then.:pac:
    I'm getting it on release hopefully xD it's just that school and all that ****z ... good thing i'm doing TY, an entire year dedicated to the PS4 :D;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Have mine preordered at Gamestop, and paying it off weekly until it comes out. Have read online that Watchdogs may not be available on launch day. Does anyone know what the titles to be guaranteed release on day one are?

• Advertisement

Killzone, Knack and Drive Club are 100% confirmed day 1. Watchdogs may not be day one but it should be no later than christmas I reckon.

Killzone, Knack and Drive Club are 100% confirmed day 1. Watchdogs may not be day one but it should be no later than christmas I reckon.

Gotta get in and pre order Killzone so. Don't wanna be left without a game to play on the new console lol.

So, Gamestop are saying that anyone who pre-orders now is GUARANTEED a console on launch day, have a look at their Gamestop Ireland FB page. I hope they can keep their promise, I won't be a happy bunny if I don't get one on day one, having pre-ordered months and months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Gotta get in and pre order Killzone so. Don't wanna be left without a game to play on the new console lol.

So, Gamestop are saying that anyone who pre-orders now is GUARANTEED a console on launch day, have a look at their Gamestop Ireland FB page. I hope they can keep their promise, I won't be a happy bunny if I don't get one on day one, having pre-ordered months and months in advance.

Im number 5 on the pre order list in my local gamestop, so I should get one on release.. would'nt worry about games selling out at launch, Id say there will be way more games than consoles, besides if worst came to worst you can always download from playstation store....

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Im number 5 on the pre order list in my local gamestop, so I should get one on release.. would'nt worry about games selling out at launch, Id say there will be way more games than consoles, besides if worst came to worst you can always download from playstation store....

How can you tell what number you are on the list at Gamestop? Is it written on the receipt?

How can you tell what number you are on the list at Gamestop? Is it written on the receipt?

The date you pre-ordered is automatically logged on their system and added to a list, just go in and ask them where you are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DuggiexD

Anyone have any guesses on how much each store will get launch day?

DuggiexD wrote: »
    Anyone have any guesses on how much each store will get launch day?

Depending on store size, about 75-200, of course they could get more, mine is only expecting 100 and bundles are included in that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

No, I thought it was on receipt but its not.. went into shop and asked.. when you pre order its logged on their system, I'm number 5, preodered the week you could,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I was told in my local gamestop and whether its specific to that store or not I dunno, but any console that has been pre-ordered since last Sunday is going on the second batch list and not the launch day one.

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

shinzon wrote: »
    I was told in my local gamestop and whether its specific to that store or not I dunno, but any console that has been pre-ordered since last Sunday is going on the second batch list and not the launch day one.

Shin

I predict it is going to get messy come launch! Alot of the younger generation whom have no income of their own will have their folks tortured to get them a PS4 for Xmas.

vdd7.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement