Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Has anyone tried any Currys or PC World super stores yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Has anyone tried any Currys or PC World super stores yet?
    Pretty sure they stopped selling games years ago. If not completely, at least massively scaled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If you had a brain you'd be dangerous. :rolleyes:
    Alot of parents only ever heard of "Playstation 4" this week when their kids did out
    their Santy lists ffs. Teenagers and 30 somethings can fend for themselves.

Your smugness isn't needed here tbh...

Doesn't give people the right to cause a problem that requires the gards

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

Hnnnnnnghhh

Ehl3gUt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pretty sure they stopped selling games years ago. If not completely, at least massively scaled down.

I know the smaller stores did but the larger ones in the retail parks such as Liffey Valley, Blanch and Airside did stock the WII U, worth a try, I am stuck in college until 2pm then my hunt begins, not much hope though,good luck yourself if you are still on the look out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just out of BT. Cmon bus move faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Klair88 wrote: »
    Confirmed list of retailers selling the PS4 here in ireland.

BaAgK23CYAAqGnH.jpg:large
    I know the smaller stores did but the larger ones in the retail parks such as Liffey Valley, Blanch and Airside did stock the WII U, worth a try, I am stuck in college until 2pm then my hunt begins, not much hope though,good luck yourself if you are still on the look out.

Looking at this list, I think you will be out of luck if looking for one today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Got mine from GS delivered in Dundalk!

Still waiting here was told he be an hour at 9am I'm losing my mind lol

aaaaaand it's here:

BaPIgrAIcAAnRdn.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Fuming I really am my package was not sent by express even tho according to my account it was
    An post said the tracking number I was given is standard post
    Going mad now iv to wait until Monday hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Phil_aherne

Anywhere still selling playstations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Just look up a 3/4 posts and you'll see someone put up the stores. ring round

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Can any of you lucky bast*ards who have got yours let me know if the Dualshock 4 will charge from any USB device, i.e. USB plug, laptop etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Just look up a 3/4 posts and you'll see someone put up the stores. ring round

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Went in to Smyths earlier to pick up my pre-order. Was told that both Fifa and NFS were out of stock and that they didn't know when they'd be getting them back in. Annoying but I said I would pay for the console + 2 games (those games) but they can't take cash for something they don't have. So my console is still sitting there until Monday at the latest. No real point in paying the €400 and then buying those games elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

twam2008 wrote: »
    Can any of you lucky bast*ards who have got yours let me know if the Dualshock 4 will charge from any USB device, i.e. USB plug, laptop etc.

Haven't tried it but can't see any reason why not, it is really just a USB device like any other so should charge like any other too. Using a laptop or pc to charge is really just the same thing as using the console anyway.

The connection is the same as the standard for mobiles so you should be able to use those chargers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It wouldn't charge from a USB plug for me, but I've been plugging mine into my laptop and it charges from there while still working on the PS4. I've ordered a longer USB cable to charge it and I'd recommend anyone else getting one too if you sit more than 8ft from the PS4. The charge on the controller isn't the best IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mileslow wrote: »
    So my console is still sitting there until Monday at the latest. No real point in paying the €400 and then buying those games elsewhere.

Why not just buy the games elsewhere? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Oat23 wrote: »
    It wouldn't charge from a USB plug for me, but I've been plugging mine into my laptop and it charges from there while still working on the PS4. I've ordered a longer USB cable to charge it and I'd recommend anyone else getting one too if you sit more than 8ft from the PS4. The charge on the controller isn't the best IMO.

I was afraid of that, didn't think it would be as simple as plugging into my phone charger beside me.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Why not just buy the games elsewhere? :confused:

From what I could see the games are €65-€70 elsewhere, no? So I'd be looking at spending an extra 30 quid needlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Unearthly wrote: »
    Doesn't give people the right to cause a problem that requires the gards

Your point is pointless since nobody said they did have...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mileslow wrote: »
    From what I could see the games are €65-€70 elsewhere, no? So I'd be looking at spending an extra 30 quid needlessly.

Ah sorry I misread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's charging off my android charger. I've also seen it charge off the usb on a macbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

What the feck ?. UPS tracking now says "The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily"

ups_trkn.png

Anyone get this, and should i forget about possible deliver today ?

It should, any USB port that can provide at least 5V of power output. I'm charging mine via my PC at the moment.

Installing 1.51 on my new SSHD, this thing is sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 8all

Got screwed by amazon. Was promised delivery today by cs. Talking to them last night they told me it was being shipped. This morning I was told they were oit of stock. Gutted. Had one guaranteed with HN that I gave away that was picked up no problems. Been told by Amazon I will get it after xmas. :(

If anyone want so sell me a consol or has one reserved to spare I pay for it!! Gutted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

What the feck ?. UPS tracking now says "The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily"

ups_trkn.png

Anyone get this, and should i forget about possible deliver today ?

I would ring them and ask where the package is and go collect it.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah sorry I misread :o

You did get my hopes up though, was thinking I was missing something obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

NeVeR wrote: »
    I would ring them and ask where the package is and go collect it.

Yeah i might.. might not, will see.. im in mayo, really would depend on how far a journey it would be... dammit!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

seen this yet? seemingly they sold out at berlin launch and gave out games instead.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-65TH5liI

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement