Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

andre2010 wrote: »
    Well mine arrived, but UPS and Amazon still say its in UK ha

I hope mine is something similar, UPS tracking shows this :

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 29/11/2013 3:45 The scheduled connection was missed / Expired-unable to resolve exception
    29/11/2013 2:37 Warehouse Scan
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 28/11/2013 21:00 Arrival Scan
    Luton, United Kingdom 28/11/2013 19:25 Departure Scan
    28/11/2013 16:20 Origin Scan
    United Kingdom 28/11/2013 9:02 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

mine still says in the sorting office. rang dpd and they rang the driver, he has it in the van out the Country, so ring the office to find out for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hopefully that UPS van in on it's way up... I've still not received mine.. been on this all morning.

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Dublin, Ireland 29/11/2013 7:37 Destination Scan
    29/11/2013 7:37 Import Scan
    29/11/2013 6:25 Arrival Scan
    29/11/2013 6:05 Departure Scan
    29/11/2013 5:30 Arrival Scan
    Koeln, Germany 29/11/2013 4:27 Departure Scan
    29/11/2013 0:10 Arrival Scan
    Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 28/11/2013 22:01 Departure Scan
    28/11/2013 20:10 Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 28/11/2013 19:27 Departure Scan
    28/11/2013 18:30 Origin Scan
    United Kingdom 28/11/2013 3:02 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gibreel

Anyone else getting a Gamer/Mega bundle through Parcel Motel? Wondering if it will fit in their lockers or will I gave to go to a depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Think mine could be the same. Shipped yesterday via An Post.
    Tracking hasn't change since 5:30pm yesterday.

All orders were meant to be express shipping as it says so on the PS4 product page.

Not sure if post has come my way yet or not, but when I saw it was An Post yesterday I wasn't confident for getting it today. Thought it might have been Nightline

The man I spoke to this morning in an post rang my local sorting office they said it was on its way it be there in an hour
    3 hours later I rang back
    The girl in an post this time said that's not an express code it's still in ballymount sorting office
    mine started with CE it should be LL she said For express

I just came back from the shop and missed the normal postman
    now iv a long walk to go collect battlefield that strangely has arrived but according to tracking it was still in Dublin with the ps4 the leaflet says on it express
    Someone is telling me porkies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Went to Xtra Vision early, was first in line and got a Killzone mega bundle, played a bit of Killzone, Fifa 14 demo and Resogun. Fifa is much smoother than on PC or PS3, Resogun is fun, Killzone is amazing looking. Have to turn it off and do some college assignments now, I won't touch it again until my exams are out of the way... if my willpower holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

Anyone know if smyths or gamestop are doing offers on games, if I didn't buy the console from them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

spider_pig wrote: »
    The man I spoke to this morning in an post rang my local sorting office they said it was on its way it be there in an hour
    3 hours later I rang back
    The girl in an post this time said that's not an express code it's still in ballymount sorting office
    mine started with CE it should be LL she said For express

I just came back from the shop and missed the normal postman
    now iv a long walk to go collect battlefield that strangely has arrived but according to tracking it was still in Dublin with the ps4 the leaflet says on it express
    Someone is telling me porkies

Yeah mine starts with CE too. Looks like they weren't sent by express so if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Anyone know if smyths or gamestop are doing offers on games, if I didn't buy the console from them.

Cheers

All I know is that Fifa and NFS are sold out in Jervis Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anybody else having problems downloading the new bf4 china rising pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

cursai wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems downloading the new bf4 china rising pack
    From what I understand PSN is straining a bit under the load, not unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

From what I understand PSN is straining a bit under the load, not unexpected.

Cheers will wait til tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Cheers

Smyths are only doing offers on games purchased with the consoles, dont know about gamestop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

spider_pig wrote: »
    My hole order from them failed it won't be here till after the weekend
    The excitement I got when the post van finally pulled up and out came a cardboard tube with a poster I ordered from amazon
    I was shocked, they sent a van with a tube the size of a Pringles can

I hope it's a reeeeeeeeaaaallllllllllly nice poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NiallDoherty

Gibreel wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a Gamer/Mega bundle through Parcel Motel? Wondering if it will fit in their lockers or will I gave to go to a depot.

According to a poster last night it's 19 x 19 x 4.5 inches, so just too big. In the same boat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In Gamestop Gorey: "Anyone who pre-ordered after 6 November will still get a console before Xmas,anyone who pre-ordered before then & doesn't collect the console before the allotted time will be dropped down the list to the 2nd batch of pre-orders and their slot will be given to the next person on the list".

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

Bit of exaggeration going on over Argos in the Crescent Limerick.

No one was outside Argos @6.
    No one was outside Argos @ 6:30
    No one was outside Argos @7

The Q outside Argos started at 7:45
    When people in the Q outside tesco were told they had 14 consoles.

How do I know this???????
    Because I was outside the Crescent at 1am this morning. And was 2nd to get PS4 from Tesco .

It's called "first come first served"
    Don't stroll in the door at 7.30 on launch day expecting anything other than "Computer says No"

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

zerks wrote: »
    In Gamestop Gorey: "Anyone who pre-ordered after 6 November will still get a console before Xmas,anyone who pre-ordered before then & doesn't collect the console before the allotted time will be dropped down the list to the 2nd batch of pre-orders and their slot will be given to the next person on the list".

Was on the phone to swords Gamestop,i booked mine mid sep was told i shoulld get the next batch.He did say that any that don't get picked up will be offered to next on list over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gibreel

According to a poster last night it's 19 x 19 x 4.5 inches, so just too big. In the same boat myself

Cheers for responding. I'll update you if I hear anything.
    Is yours saying delivered to Belfast as well. Presuming you ordered from Amazon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

couldn't help but feel smug when i was in game-stop getting my games with a PS4 in my Brown Thomas bag and a mammy walks up looking for a PS4 for little Johnny only to be told she needs to get her name on the pre-order list and will get one in FEBRUARY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ben101 wrote: »
    Was on the phone to swords Gamestop,i booked mine mid sep was told i shoulld get the next batch.He did say that any that don't get picked up will be offered to next on list over the weekend.

Fairest way imo,a lot of people don't like Gamestop but in fairness they've been brilliant with the release of the PS4.

Argos/Tesco could learn from this and the less said about Xtravision chancing their arms the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rwdturbo

I preordered with gamestop six months ago because they advertised launch day delivery with express post. Still hasn't arrived, looks like it was sent out with regular post, nice one gamestop, won't be buying from there again.

DaisyDLady wrote: »
    Bit of exaggeration going on over Argos in the Crescent Limerick.

No one was outside Argos @6.
    No one was outside Argos @ 6:30
    No one was outside Argos @7

The Q outside Argos started at 7:45
    When people in the Q outside tesco were told they had 14 consoles.

How do I know this???????
    Because I was outside the Crescent at 1am this morning. And was 2nd to get PS4 from Tesco .

It's called "first come first served"
    Don't stroll in the door at 7.30 on launch day expecting anything other than "Computer says No"
    g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

can anyone help here, my console got delivered to parcel motel in northern ireland today at 12.42. it was my first time using it as im working today but does anyone know will it be delivered down to my motel in sallins today or will it be monday when its delivered down? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Collected mine from BT, very pleasant, no queue, lots of eye candy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NiallDoherty

Gibreel wrote: »
    Cheers for responding. I'll update you if I hear anything.
    Is yours saying delivered to Belfast as well. Presuming you ordered from Amazon too.

Nope, ordered from game.co.uk, no option to track it at all. All I know is it has shipped

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Backstage in Brown Thomas

AGkqdtW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Unreal, collected mine from brown thomas, very simple! I got the mega bundle!

But get this.. I just opened it and found 3 controllers inside! Only supposed to be 2! Unbelievable Jeff!!! :D

I might have an online order spare arriving next week so I might have one to sell, I'll keep you guys posted!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Backstage in Brown Thomas

AGkqdtW.jpg

I sat staring at this for minutes.. waiting for something to happen.. but it's not a gif !

• Advertisement

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    Unreal, collected mine from brown thomas, very simple! I got the mega bundle!

But get this.. I just opened it and found 3 controllers inside! Only supposed to be 2! Unbelievable Jeff!!! :D

I might have an online order spare arriving next week so I might have one to sell, I'll keep you guys posted!

I'll take your free one..for the price you paid :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement