Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

are there any bundle pre orders eg get another remote or game etc

can you pre order off gamestop or smyths website and collect in store on the day of launch

BTW is there any point in buying GTA 5 on the ps3 in september if it is going to be available on the new cloud service on the ps4 which will be out hopefully by dec 13

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    can you pre order off gamestop or smyths website and collect in store on the day of launch

Gamestop want full price if you pre-order online.
    Smyths, you have to book in-store according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

If you preorder so you get a number or something, or is it that we al preorder and whoever shows up first gets them?

Sorry probably a stupid question but i cant recall ever preordering something before haha

If you preorder so you get a number or something, or is it that we al preorder and whoever shows up first gets them?

Sorry probably a stupid question but i cant recall ever preordering something before haha

I would say it's first come first served in pre-orders.
    If they get 200 consoles in then the first 200 to have pre-ordered will get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

F1ngers wrote: »
    If they get 200 consoles in then the first 200 to have pre-ordered will get them.

Cool thanks! Time to return to a playstation me thinks, i miss unchartered!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

F1ngers wrote: »
    someone will be killed at one of these launching events if they go onsale on midnight on day of release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Just a random question - if you were to have a few ps4 consoles on the release day and there is a long wait for new ones to come back in stock, could you sell them for a profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Just a random question - if you were to have a few ps4 consoles on the release day and there is a long wait for new ones to come back in stock, could you sell them for a profit?

excellent question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Happens every console launch. There were PS3s up on Ebay for mad prices after the US ran out of their first batch, looking for $700-$800.

Same happened here with the Wii for a while. The shops were getting them in dribs and drabs and they were being sold as soon as they came in.

D'uh.

IF there is a long wait...

There will be people pre-ordering more than one in the hope that it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

TheDoc wrote: »
    Using the likes of Parcel motel or one of those services, you can have delivered direct via Amazon. And you normally don't get touched with any customs or charges.

I've had tablets, apple products and laptops delivered without issue from Amazon US via Parcel Motel. Also on occasion Amazon US ship to Ireland, changes from time to time

Was thinking of going the Amazon US route as well don't they offer a pre-pay your duty charges on some items shipped to Europe, I remember when I wanted a region A Blu-ray player I ordered off a game crowd in Canada who shipped it over to me via DHL and I didn't get hit with any imports duty, must dig out their names.

Also I do think that demand will be a lot higher then it was with PS3 as that set me back around 600 euros I seem to recall, was able to walk into Tesco Maynooth and they had plenty of stock, this was 2-3 days after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Pre-ordered mine via the GAME website. And now the waiting game begins...

horse-waiting-window-meme.jpeg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Careful with ordering one from the US. While games won't be region locked, DVD's and BluRays will be region locked, so you won't be able to play your DVD's and BluRays on it.

There may also be other unknown restrictions, such as having to use the US PS store, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I did that with the Xbox 360, bought it then in Feb/March with 3 or 4 games with the extra few quid I'd made.

Thing is there's two consoles releasing together this time, and the WiiU is still in it's infancy too, so there's no guarantee of any of them selling out.
    And even if it did, how much more than RRP are people going to pay? This is 2013, not 2005 when people had money to burn.

Just pre-ordered mine in gamestop in the Square.
    He said there were about sixty pre-orders so far.

Pre ordered at Gamestop in Clare Hall earlier and I was number 40 on the list there. They said they were told to keep taking them unless told otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Need some quick advice as to where to pre order the PS4. I was going to do it in gamestop but then I started thinking about bundles. In my experience I've always found gamestop to be a rip off on new releases, so I'm thinking smyths now. Any difference between stores?

To clarify, when you preorder the console is that all you're getting? I'm hoping you get a game included for €400.

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Need some quick advice as to where to pre order the PS4. I was going to do it in gamestop but then I started thinking about bundles. In my experience I've always found gamestop to be a rip off on new releases, so I'm thinking smyths now. Any difference between stores?

To clarify, when you preorder the console is that all you're getting? I'm hoping you get a game included for €400.

It's just your name on a console, you can change it to any bundle they come up with anytime before release. Smyths are generally better with deals and bundles but there are none handy for me. I'm not going near Jervis street during the christmas rush if I can avoid it, I'll pay the bit extra and pick it up in 10 mins instead

No shop knows the prices of the games yet or the release titles 100% so no one can make any bundles yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What titles are you all gunning for at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Knack is probably the most interesting IMO. Followed closely by Killzone.

I have read unconfirmed reports that the free-to-play games like DC Universe Online and Planetside 2 are going to be launch games also so they are also on the list.

• Advertisement

It's just your name on a console, you can change it to any bundle they come up with anytime before release. Smyths are generally better with deals and bundles but there are none handy for me. I'm not going near Jervis street during the christmas rush if I can avoid it, I'll pay the bit extra and pick it up in 10 mins instead

No shop knows the prices of the games yet or the release titles 100% so no one can make any bundles yet.

I get that but there's the option to pay off the console with gamestop. I'm wondering will that effect the bundle you get, or can you just put extra with it on the day to get a bundle that's more expensive than the €400 price of the console?

Think I'll wait it out and go to smyths on Tuesday and secure it. I'd normally never bother pre-ordering but by the sounds of things I think I'll have to if I'm hoping for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Changed my order for just the PS4 and Killzone, not sure how Gamestop deal with price drops for pre-orders or if they'll retroactively apply a bundle.

Killzone ( I am a bit of skeptic on the series, played them all and they are not bad but according to early play tests this one is very different)
    Watchdogs

Seeing as I have PSN+, Driveclub and the 3 indie titles are a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

I was thinking of pre-ordering in xtra-vision but I have a funny feeling they won't be around by November so going to head over to Smyths and pre-order there during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

I pre ordered mine in Smyths today, as I was told they are only get a limited number per shop and there was over 70 pre ordered already! as I was number 71 on the list my name and number was written on!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you know somebody who lives in the US you could order it on an American website, have it delivered to them and then get them to ship it to Ireland for you. That way you would avoid irish VAT and import duties. I have done this with other stuff in the past. I haven't worked it out for the PS4 but even including shipping it should work out cheaper.

And how would that avoid VAT and duty pray tell? You are allowed duty free up to a certain amount but you won't be covered on a PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ordered mine from gamestop in donaghmede, the dude reckoned it'd be out within 10 days of the xbox. Nice. €20 to reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'd be afraid to pre-order in case the company goes bust in the mean time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I only have XtraVision at my local town and I am just not sure about placing an order.

• Advertisement

Placing my order in Smyths on Tuesday after ringing to see that the list is only 17 people so far. Getting The Last of Us then too, so that should tide me over until November! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement