Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Anyone know if any of the Gamestop's in Limerick are still taking orders or where would be my best bet at this stage? Smyths...Amazon??

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Mudlan wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the Gamestop's in Limerick are still taking orders or where would be my best bet at this stage? Smyths...Amazon??

Tks

Id say you have no chance of getting a ps4 on launch.. I think you have left it too late to pre order.. Although ive read that the ps4 is being mass produced in both japan and china, so they should have a big load of ps4's for launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Mudlan wrote: »

Tks

Sony might be a good bet: http://www.sony.ie/hub/ps4-preorder

They still seem to be promising to provide one at launch if you pre order, the only catch being you have to pay for it in full straight away...

At this stage, all you can do is choose who to order it from and hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Very strong rumour that the release date in the US is Tuesday the 12th November.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Very strong rumour that the release date in the US is Tuesday the 12th November.

Where'd you get that info?

• Advertisement

From my local gamstop I generally go in there 2-3 times per week as I'm pretty friendly with one of the guys in there I give hm enough business. Still up in the air but they a have 2 dates that they have set aside 12th and 19th. Preorders were stopped about 2 weeks ago over here and over the last week or so looks like they are gearing up for the 12th. Still not definite but all I can do is ask. Like everyone else I suppose looking for any information I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

Roll on Gamescom so we will finally have a date, think Sony will be on Aug 20th at 6pm.

Is anyone going to the Eurogamer Expo this year? I have gone the last 2 years and will be attending 2 days this year, really hoping they will have next gen consoles there. They are gonna start announcing what's gonna be there from Aug 1st so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Is anyone else excited about how the Vita will tie in with the PS4? With eFibre rolling out, being able to stream PS3 games from Gaikai (when available) to it should be a breeze. And also remote playing PS4 games seems handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Where'd you get that info?
    I'd bet mid/early November rather than late too. From a marketing point, a PS4 launch date of 11/12/13 works from an american perspective.

• Advertisement

DaLad wrote: »

interesting. Sony are yet to provide official comment on this though. 4.5 gb of RAM is still loads though... I can see the XBOX fanboys having a field day over it though lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not sure if posted already but gamestop in limerick has sold out of preorders. 174 of xbox remaining.. meaning they know the numbers they're getting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So is there anywhere that you can pre order and be guaranteed it for launch day?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    So is there anywhere that you can pre order and be guaranteed it for launch day?

No where is guaranteed at this stage. Your best bet is to order straight from the source, Sony seem to still be promising launch date dispatch if you pay in full now. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if even they were unable to fulfil that promise at this stage of the game. All you can do is hope...

http://www.sony.ie/hub/ps4-preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

search Playstation 4 on argos.ie and then search it on argos.co.uk

motherflippers :confused:

search Playstation 4 on argos.ie and then search it on argos.co.uk

motherflippers :confused:

I don't get your point? Seems reasonable to me that there is more choice on the uk site, owing to a 60 million+ population the uk branch of argos would have a larger customer base to sell its stock to...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

So went into gamestop today to find out where i was on the list and the guy said there was no list. He said day 1 preorders closed last week and anyone who pre ordered before then was "guaranteed" a console, anyone preordering since will be in the second batch. personally think thats a really bad way to do it and there are gonna be alot of disappointed customers come November. No way will they have enough consoles to meet demand
    jaffusmax wrote: »
    Is anyone else excited about how the Vita will tie in with the PS4? With eFibre rolling out, being able to stream PS3 games from Gaikai (when available) to it should be a breeze. And also remote playing PS4 games seems handy!
    Picked up a second hand 1 yesterday for €120 with COD, all i need now is a ps4 to be sorted :)

cadete wrote: »
    So went into gamestop today to find out where i was on the list and the guy said there was no list. He said day 1 preorders closed last week and anyone who pre ordered before then was "guaranteed" a console, anyone preordering since will be in the second batch. personally think thats a really bad way to do it and there are gonna be alot of disappointed customers come November. No way will they have enough consoles to meet demand

Picked up a second hand 1 yesterday for €120 with COD, all i need now is a ps4 to be sorted :)

I really don't get Gamestop. Many different people here have reported on Gamestop offering contradictory information to their customers, whether it be what number they are on these supposed lists, guaranteeing launch day delivery, or in my case being told I was 95% guaranteed a console on day one, but he couldn't 100% guarantee one for anyone. Like does their head office not tell the stores to be consistent in how they deal with their customer base...? I'm puzzled

I really don't get Gamestop. Many different people here have reported on Gamestop offering contradictory information to their customers, whether it be what number they are on these supposed lists, guaranteeing launch day delivery, or in my case being told I was 95% guaranteed a console on day one, but he couldn't 100% guarantee one for anyone. Like does their head office not tell the stores to be consistent in how they deal with their customer base...? I'm puzzled
    well i have 3 preordered 1 in each of xtravision (11 june), gamestop(21 june) and smyths(29 june) so hopefully i will get 1 of them but how will they select people if there is no list will it be a matter of going in the day before and showing your preorder receipt and then they will build a list for their store? As mentioned maybe there will be enough to go round but really cant see it tbh

well i have 3 preordered 1 in each of xtravision (11 june), gamestop(21 june) and smyths(29 june) so hopefully i will get 1 of them but how will they select people if there is no list will it be a matter of going in the day before and showing your preorder receipt and then they will build a list for their store? As mentioned maybe there will be enough to go round but really cant see it tbh

unless Gamestop have struck some sort of deal with Sony and are getting enough consoles to cover all their pre orders on launch day? Time will tell sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is due to each gamestop store having their own manager and them being run like a franchise, some are going by the list, which is the smart thing to do and others are not, which will lead to chaos.

With the announcement over here in the US that gamestop are re-opening the pre-order list for launch day models due to extra inventory expected from Sony it would appear that there is some sort of comms open with Sony. The had an unlimited rule earlier and then were told by sony (allegedly) when they were to stop ordering. This was about 2 weeks ago. Possibly that since they are going after the US market in a big way this time that they wanted to see what the order scenario was like they may have set a limit and once they hit that they stopped the pre-orders. Now once they checked their console shipment commits they may have room to have some more ordered. All this is based on my own opinion so could all be complete tripe. Anyway looking forward to the big day now. I've booked 2 weeks off work and will cancel one week once the official announcement is made and I know which week to take.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    With the announcement over here in the US that gamestop are re-opening the pre-order list for launch day models due to extra inventory expected from Sony it would appear that there is some sort of comms open with Sony. The had an unlimited rule earlier and then were told by sony (allegedly) when they were to stop ordering. This was about 2 weeks ago. Possibly that since they are going after the US market in a big way this time that they wanted to see what the order scenario was like they may have set a limit and once they hit that they stopped the pre-orders. Now once they checked their console shipment commits they may have room to have some more ordered. All this is based on my own opinion so could all be complete tripe. Anyway looking forward to the big day now. I've booked 2 weeks off work and will cancel one week once the official announcement is made and I know which week to take.
    I wonder how that will effect europe? will they ship most consoles to the us and leave us with a small number on release? I need to do about 8 more weeks work before release and i can take the rest of the year off :)

I wonder how that will effect europe? will they ship most consoles to the us and leave us with a small number on release? I need to do about 8 more weeks work before release and i can take the rest of the year off :)

not sure TBH but hopefully wont have too much an impact. With the PS4 being mostly off the shelf parts should be the ability to get quite a few consoles made before November/December. They need to get the console out, in the anyway on time and ahead of the XB1 so they hit the ground running. Every gamestop I've been into over here the XB1 aren't taking any more pre-orders not sure if it's to do with limited pre-orders or that its the XBox and the US market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gamestop will take a shít load of preorders and if there's not enough PS4's, they'll just blame sony for not supplying enough consoles.

This thread it really going to really kick off soon when the panic sets in with realization that people should have pre ordered months ago! It will be like people banging on the door of a bomb shelter trying to get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Gamestop in Limerick said that last Sunday ( 21st July) was the last day that they could guarantee getting one on release day. They're still taking orders and said that people may cancel and you could still get one on the day.

Also that they will prob be gettin in a second batch of them a week to 2 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's also going to be the mammies and daddies that have no idea about pre-ordering but want to get one for christmas for their kids.
    There could be a lot of unhappy kids that wake up to an xbone

Cienciano wrote: »
    There's also going to be the mammies and daddies that have no idea about pre-ordering but want to get one for christmas for their kids.

Worse than a bag of ashes! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cienciano wrote: »

I hope that any kid that wakes up on christmas morning and gets a Xbox knows that their parents do not really love them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement