Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Feckin' drama collecting my one yesterday from HN in Cork. Paid in full on Thursday, strolled in about 10.30 Friday. Guy in front of me is collecting, and told there is no copy of Killzone in it, and to pick out a game, so he took COD. I hand in my receipt to collect, guy goes into store room, comes back out 5 minutes later...."Errr, I need to check something, back in a minute....." 10 minutes later and there are 3 of them having a big pow-wow by the main desk. Starting to get irate, i ask what is going on. "Just checking something......". Eventually they give me the KZ bundle.
    I should have known by then to open it there and then to check.......Got home, and there is no KZ in the box. Rang HN, they rang me back -
    Its a download.
    It is in its a**e says I, at 40GB+. It actually states it on the box contents.
    Oh, hang on. Are you sure its not in the box?
    YES, through gritted teeth.
    Ok, bring it all back in here and we'll sort it out.
    Back in, desk jockey opens the box, asks me again if I'm sure it was missing.
    From the resultant glare, he skittered off and brought me a retail copy of KZ.
    Barely an apology from the twats depute dragging me up and down the road like a loon. Never again with HN........I don't know what stunt they were pulling but the others collecting seemed to have been called or emailed, but they never contacted me. I've a feeling they were hoping I would be a no-show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Blue Whale wrote: »
    Amazon say:

Product Dimensions: 30.5 x 33 x 18.4 cm

Should have comfortably fitted!
    Thats the PS4 dimensions. The Mega bundle box is friggin huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Arn't we lucky that were all so civilised here in Paddy land :).

This is our German cousins.

I wouldn't lower myself!!!!!

I'd be like "Ahhh sure feck it, look at the state of them there hey" with arms crossed standing at the side sneering!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

kensutz wrote: »
    8447 at this very minute. ;)

Where you goin with yer 8447 ?

PS4 preorder thread - 6008
    XB1 preorder thread - 1312

:P

Anyone else get a "The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily" from ups yesterday ?... just wondering, since im in ballina town, and not really a remote area :confused: ... roll on monday ..

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I wouldn't lower myself!!!!!

I'd be like "Ahhh sure feck it, look at the state of them there hey" with arms crossed standing at the side sneering!

I'd be directing the riot.

"That fecker over there has one. Get him!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Gamestop order still sitting in ballymount even though they promised and stated on their site they would use express shipping,they are a disgrace of an online company anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Evilbart wrote: »
    Gamestop order still sitting in ballymount even though they promised and stated on their site they would use express shipping,they are a disgrace of an online company anyway.

Could be An Post's fault. I ordered my PS4 with express delivery and a week ago I ordered Killzone and the stand with standard delivery. They shipped them at the same time and I got them all together. The stand came in a box the same size as the one the PS4 was is ffs! Some waste there.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Count yourself lucky it's at least in An Post's hands. Gamestop still haven't processed my "launch day guaranteed" preorder from June and haven't been replying to emails all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Could be An Post's fault. I ordered my PS4 with express delivery and a week ago I ordered Killzone and the stand with standard delivery. They shipped them at the same time and I got them all together. The stand came in a box the same size as the one the PS4 was is ffs! Some waste there.

No mate I checked it was sent standard delivery even though on their site it was stated all ps4's would be sent by express, pure lies from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Anyone have a rough estimate as to when PS4s will be freely available to buy again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Did anyone open up their PS4 bundle to find there was no game in side? I know of one person it's happened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Same here, my game arrived yesterday by post from them iv no idea how the ps4 didn't
    I rang an post asking could I collect it from ballymount, I was told no it's marked as on route to customer she said it could deliver today which was impossible as I got already got a delivery
    I said it to her about the next day gaurenteed express delivery
    she said but it's not express its standard post
    I even took a trip up at 4 to the sorting office to see had it arrived, it didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

is there any chance of gettin one before Christmas?
    what shops might get some in before then?
    or would Santy be my best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

King Krib wrote: »
    Did anyone open up their PS4 bundle to find there was no game in side? I know of one person it's happened to.

saw 2 people mention it here on boards, as well as others saying they found extra controllers in their packages. Should there have been a sony seal on outside of box?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MD1990 wrote: »
    or would Santy be my best bet

No, no, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone have a rough estimate as to when PS4s will be freely available to buy again?

If you want to pre order with the like of Gamestop, you are looking at February or March, Amazon would be your best bet but you're not guaranteed one for Christmas anymore, Argos and Tesco have a policy were staff get first dibs on consoles, so you will not get much luck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

wrote:
    would Santy be my best bet

Try the Chanukah Zombie or Quanza Bot.

twam2008 wrote: »
    Can any of you lucky bast*ards who have got yours let me know if the Dualshock 4 will charge from any USB device, i.e. USB plug, laptop etc.

You can, was charging mine from my laptop.

Smyths are only doing offers on games purchased with the consoles, dont know about gamestop though.

You can trade in Killzone or Knack with Gamestop and buy a new PS4 game for €20.

united2k11 wrote: »
    stupid Zavvi and their stupid couriers. Was ready for dispatch early on wednesday, courier picked it up yesterday, still in england and it's not even gone through the couriers service centre yet....

They are notoriously slow, would not be surprised if it took another week for it to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Had the same issue myself.
    First they screwed over everyone who ordered early from the website back in June by not even trying to provide them bundle upgrade offers.

Now they can't even get the thing to you on launch day when they clearly state on the site all pre-orders would be shipped by express mail.

I'm ok though. I won't have a game for it until Monday or Tuesday anyway other than the free stuff on PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Arn't we lucky that were all so civilised here in Paddy land :).

This is our German cousins.
    And they most probably got made in Japan units, not that they cared by the looks of things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Smyths are looking like they will have walkin consoles in about 1-2 weeks. I have it on good authority.

My store has quite a few left over that where not collected ,but they are extending the pickup period as its close to xmas.

there are loads of walkin XBO's there ,they cant get rid of them I was told.

you just need to check with your local Smyths and have a very nice conversation with the bosses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky it's at least in An Post's hands. Gamestop still haven't processed my "launch day guaranteed" preorder from June and haven't been replying to emails all week.

I'm in a similar situation with them, ridiculous. Have always found them good in the past in terms of replying to emails and being very helpful, but this is ridiculous. Emailed them first on Monday or Tuesday about my order, and tried ringing all day yesterday. Took to their Facebook page eventually and only response was to give me the same number again and to keep trying.

Had my Harvey Norman pre-order too at least but that PS4 died unfortunately with BLOD. So Gamestop one would have held me over till I got the replacement new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Here is my kill zone player edition box and the amazon box behind it was never going to fit into a parcel motel :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

King Krib wrote: »

Yep, happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

I've noticed Gamestop.ie are guaranteeing a PS4 before Xmas for people who pre-ordered before 1st Nov.I have one from 25th Sept so fingers crossed.On the Argos thing, i was talking to a very nice member of staff today in swords branch.I got COD:Ghosts for the Ps4.He looked envious and asked me where did i get the console ,i told him i was waiting for mine from Gamestop.I asked him did he get one and he said none of the staff he knew got one despite trying,its a myth the staff snapped them up.He seemed a little taken aback about the rumours on boards.ie about Argos staff.I'm guessing the guy here on boards claiming to be staff was just a sh*t stirrer.

ben101 wrote: »
    I've noticed Gamestop.ie are guaranteeing a PS4 before Xmas for people who pre-ordered before 1st Nov.I have one from 25th Sept so fingers crossed.On the Argos thing, i was talking to a very nice member of staff today in swords branch.I got COD:Ghosts for the Ps4.He looked envious and asked me where did i get the console ,i told him i was waiting for mine from Gamestop.I asked him did he get one and he said none of the staff he knew got one despite trying,its a myth the staff snapped them up.He seemed a little taken aback about the rumours on boards.ie about Argos staff.I'm guessing the guy here on boards claiming to be staff was just a sh*t stirrer.

Might just be in his store, a friend of mine got first dibs on a PS4 in his store in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rjnolan

Anyone know when smyths will have their second wave of pre orders available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yep, happened to me
    Where did you get your bundle from? Did you get it sorted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement