Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Roll on Monday, mine in transit. Never wanted to see the end of a weekend before in my life!!

Does anyone know how long Smyths holds a pre order for?

My brother in law is being very lax about it but I thought I heard somewhere they only hold it for 48 hours. He won't make it in till Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

My brother in law is being very lax about it but I thought I heard somewhere they only hold it for 48 hours. He won't make it in till Monday.

I thought a few people on here mentioned 48hrs.
    More than likely be gone early tomorrow, they open at 12 on sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

I think it's till end of day on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Changed my order from amazon.de (cancelled as it would take too long) to amazon.fr on November 28th.

Will have my PS4 killzone bundle:
    EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE Thursday, December 19, 2013 - Friday, 20 December 2013

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Goofypr

Text from smyths. 'Your PS4 Console will be available at Smyths Carrickmines at Midnight Tonight! To guarantee your console for Christmas you must collect by 11pm 02.12.13'

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Goofypr

They were asking a few kids in Smyths for ID. And then refused them the killzone pack they had ordered. Luckily people swapped around, so they could get one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

RobertKK wrote: »
    Changed my order from amazon.de (cancelled as it would take too long) to amazon.fr on November 28th.

Will have my PS4 killzone bundle:
    EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE Thursday, December 19, 2013 - Friday, 20 December 2013

:)

I just tried there now and it's giving me:

"L'article suivant arrivera après le 25 décembre."

:(

I just tried there now and it's giving me:

"L'article suivant arrivera après le 25 décembre."

:(

I got that too, well first time it was before Christmas, from 6th to 24th December.
    Then I changed my order for faster delivery and it went to 'apres' Christmas, so I was going mad..why did I change the delivery...

Today, I woke up, checked my email, it was changed to before Christmas, made me feel great.

Here's the full thing:

Pour toute commande de la « Console PS4 500 Go Noire + Killzone : Shadow Fall » effectuée à partir du 29 novembre 2013 inclus, la livraison de la console n'est plus garantie avant Noël. La date de livraison exacte vous sera communiquée par email dès que possible.

My French is a bit rusty at this stage so Google Translate:

To order the "PS4 Console 500 GB Black + Killzone: Shadow Fall" performed from November 29, 2013 included the delivery of the console can not be guaranteed before Christmas. The exact delivery date will be notified by email as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    I got that too, well first time it was before Christmas, from 6th to 24th December.
    Then I changed my order for faster delivery and it went to 'apres' Christmas, so I was going mad..why did I change the delivery...

Today, I woke up, checked my email, it was changed to before Christmas, made me feel great.

Thanks, I'll hold off so.

Knowing my luck my Amazon UK and France orders will ship at the same time and I'll have 2 consoles! :D

Will there be any problems with a continental PS4 apart from needing a UK lead or adapter? I presume it can switch internally to handle 240 volts?

My order was November 28th.

Had to cancel my German Amazon megabundle order as the release date was 23rd December in Germany...lots of angry PS4 fans in Germany.
    So I gave up and went to France instead.

Thanks, I'll hold off so.

Knowing my luck my Amazon UK and France orders will ship at the same time and I'll have 2 consoles! :D

Will there be any problems with a continental PS4 apart from needing a UK lead or adapter? I presume it can switch internally to handle 240 volts?

The lead will need changing, should be straightforward.

I would keep both orders, just check your email a lot, or it could be like waiting for a bus :pac:

I know, could you imagine. 2 fecking consoles and a battered credit card!

The leads are standard figure of 8 type, think I have one on a radio here I don't use. Or of course a travel adapter will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Is anyone from Drogheda still waiting on their pre order from gamestop?
    Also Where is everyone else waiting on one?
    Mines still saying ballymount,hope it's here tomorrow it's been a long weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Ha mine arrived Friday yet both amazon and ups say its still in carrier office dublin . It arrived lunchtime Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acorkonian

Anyone have any clue as to when the second batch of PS4's from gamestop are coming?!

Are we talking days or weeks? Its guaranteed before christmas but that could be up to 3 weeks :eek:

Dont think I can wait that long! Also I ordered online, so I cant ring a store to find out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

King Krib wrote: »
    Where did you get your bundle from? Did you get it sorted?

Harvey Norman Little Island. They eventually gave me a retail copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

whiterebel wrote: »
    Harvey Norman Little Island. They eventually gave me a retail copy.

Mine is a Christmas present but got nervous about it so opened it to make sure it was all present and correct. Glad you got sorted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

acorkonian wrote: »
    Anyone have any clue as to when the second batch of PS4's from gamestop are coming?!

Are we talking days or weeks? Its guaranteed before christmas but that could be up to 3 weeks :eek:

Dont think I can wait that long! Also I ordered online, so I cant ring a store to find out!

Same boat,it depends when you paid your deposit,if it was early to mid September you should get the next batch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Oct 16th pre order here from amazon. still waiting on a date

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Phil_aherne

Any argos staff know when there getting ps4 bk n stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jenb13

just got a killzone bundle from argos. when opened the box there was no game in it only a console and controller, anybody else have this problem? and any advice on what i should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

jenb13 wrote: »
    just got a killzone bundle from argos. when opened the box there was no game in it only a console and controller, anybody else have this problem? and any advice on what i should do?

Take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

jenb13 wrote: »

Seems like this happened to a few people. Just go back and they should give you a free copy of Killzone :) well, they should anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hope you all had a nice weekend. My PS4 arrived Friday at 5:30 :D so it was there when I got home from Work. I love it.. it's so sexy :D

just need more games.

Seriously beginning to go insane here
    it's been one very long weekend and my package is still sitting in ballymount since Thursday so much for gamestops gaurenteed launch day delivery

Just off the phone to an post my package has been lost with my ps4 in it no body knows where it is he said

spider_pig wrote: »
    Just off the phone to an post my package has been lost with my ps4 in it no body knows where it is he said

Balls. Time to phone Gamestop ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Seriously beginning to go insane here
    it's been one very long weekend and my package is still sitting in ballymount since Thursday so much for gamestops gaurenteed launch day delivery

Mine has been in Ballymount since Friday afternoon, but the status has just updated there with todays date & is now "en route to customer". Try the tracking number again as maybe the status has changed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement