Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ben101 wrote: »
    I have 25th sept pre order ,just rang Gamestop ,girl said i will definitely get one before xmas,no info on when or how many on next dispatch so i don't know how Gamestop can be so sure of this.

From what I heard they will be getting a small batch in next week and no more in then till next year, will be interesting to see how they divide up the consoles as they will not have enough for people who have ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

An Post has mine out in Ballymount since Friday afternoon. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I rang customer services today and they told me that they have a huge backlog out in Ballymount and that it could take up to 2 weeks to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

alanashe wrote: »
    An Post has mine out in Ballymount since Friday afternoon. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I rang customer services today and they told me that they have a huge backlog out in Ballymount and that it could take up to 2 weeks to clear.

No chance you can collect it is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    No chance you can collect it is there?
    Nope! They said that all Amazon packages are delayed, I wonder if they are all PS4's

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

im getting mine in gamestop and they rang me today to tell me that i have 48 hours to collect it after it reached they store or id be at the end of the queue and wouldnt be able to get one till mid january if i didnt collect on time but it arrived in there store 2 days ago luckally i got them to hold it til thursday so i can pay it off fully and without my choice it was coming with some childs game and was now going to cost 440euro what a load of bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Well... poop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Oh thats why the amazon stuff hasn't shown up. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wow! Much more than i would have expected, might trade my one in too, never did have any interest in it. Was your copy unopened? I opened and played mine but it jyst isnt my type of game.

Na mate. Mine was opened.

Sweet deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

im getting mine in gamestop and they rang me today to tell me that i have 48 hours to collect it after it reached they store or id be at the end of the queue and wouldnt be able to get one till mid january if i didnt collect on time but it arrived in there store 2 days ago luckally i got them to hold it til thursday so i can pay it off fully and without my choice it was coming with some childs game and was now going to cost 440euro what a load of bull****

They better not give me Hello Kitty or Dora The Explorer:(

I assume you are referring to Knack, and if you played it or had more of an interest in the games that are being released for the console, you would know that it is far more than some childs game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

They better not give me Hello Kitty or Dora The Explorer:(

Return the childs game as soon as you get it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

My PS4 arrived in Ballymount on Friday morning and was delivered yesterday to south Dublin. Was just standard delivery.

Xenji wrote: »
    I assume you are referring to Knack, and if you played it or had more of an interest in the games that are being released for the console, you would know that it is far more than some childs game.

i dont know what game it is they said it a childs game whats knack like anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i like the look of knack lot of people trading it in tho without giving it a chance

It would be Knack, it is the only other bundle besides Killzone, it is a platformer, most reviewers did not like it, but most people who have played it have really enjoyed it.

It would be Knack, it is the only other bundle besides Killzone, it is a platformer, most reviewers did not like it, but most people who have played it have really enjoyed it.

might as well give a go so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

I have gotten stuff off amazon with "tracking" numbers when they are not actual postal tracking numbers.If its a genuine An Post tracking number it is scanned every step.When it arrives in your local sorting office it will be scanned to the individual route ,each post person has to sign the items out ,item should come up as on route".you are responsible for those items until you deliver them or return them to the office where you scan them off your route ,you sign them back in.It's in the best interest of the person on a route to make sure its scanned as once its on a particular route they ere responsible for it.Sometimes it can take 30 minutes or so to update but its a pretty sophisticated system,if you are having trouble why don't you ring customer services with your tracking number and they will tell you exactly where you stand.I find it hard to believe that your post is not getting tracked at all ,very strange.

If only if was that simple with my order that sat in ballymount parcel centre from Thursday to Monday
    when I rang customer service on Monday morning as it was supposed to be express next day delivery with tracking it was no where to be found anywhere even my local sorting office, only to arrive at my door 4pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

Also got phone call from GameStop to say mine will be in by the end of this week or early next week. It's his Christmas present. Does anyone know what GameStop bundles there are? Know it's whatever is available but have heard no details.

redgp wrote: »
    Also got phone call from GameStop to say mine will be in by the end of this week or early next week. It's his Christmas present. Does anyone know what GameStop bundles there are? Know it's whatever is available but have heard no details.

If you ordered online you get no bundle option, if you did it instore it will just be Knack or Killzone for €440, you only get the game and nothing else.

If you ordered online you get no bundle option, if you did it instore it will just be Knack or Killzone for €440, you only get the game and nothing else.

No second controller? Boo!!! I ordered it in store. How much are the second controllers? Sorry! I'm a bit of a clueless girlfriend! Put my order in first week Oct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

No second controller? Boo!!! I ordered it in store. How much are the second controllers? Sorry! I'm a bit of a clueless girlfriend! Put my order in first week Oct.

I think they are around €60, the Mega Bundle had a second controller but they were only for people who pre ordered early and are all gone now.

I think they are around €60, the Mega Bundle had a second controller but they were only for people who pre ordered early and are all gone now.

That's great! Thanks so much for all your help! As long as I have it before Christmas I don't really mind and I think it should be in then. They just seem
    Really unsure about what day they're coming in and how many they're getting which is a bit odd. Have lost sleep over this!

spider_pig wrote: »
    If only if was that simple with my order that sat in ballymount parcel centre from Thursday to Monday
    when I rang customer service on Monday morning as it was supposed to be express next day delivery with tracking it was no where to be found anywhere even my local sorting office, only to arrive at my door 4pm yesterday

Other posters have said Amazon sent theirs out standard.I have gotten some very expensive items through Amazon only to receive it standard post,i got a PS3 like that,no signature ,nothing.
    How many digits and what are the first two letters?It should end in .IE or .GB
    British on would look like this RB*********GB,could be RJ or RU.If it starts with AA or whatever it is probably not a valid number.

redgp ,what date did you pre order?Same here,they said i would def get one but they didn't ring me ,i rang them.I just don't understand how they can promise that and yet don't know how many or when they are due in:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Got €52.50 trade in for KZ in HMV, used it towards BF4.

Don't trade anything in Gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

flynner13 wrote: »

And I thought €45 from Smyths was good,thats a sweet deal there. Pitty theres no HMV in Waterford .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Manolen10

redgp ,what date did you pre order?Same here,they said i would def get one but they didn't ring me ,i rang them.I just don't understand how they can promise that and yet don't know how many or when they are due in:confused:

Same here, I called last week and I was told that it would arrive this week, but I haven't received any call from them.

Anyone else with a second batch preorder from game stop?.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

flynner13 wrote: »

The killzone that came with my gamer pack says on it not to be resold will they still accept it €52.50 is a sweet deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 smokwawelskiii

I must say remote play works like a charm. My wife watch telly and I can still play killzone on my vita hehe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement