Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Just got an email from amazon to say my estimated delivery date is 16/17 December! Woo!
    I'm hoping it doesn't arrive a bit early, might spoil the surprisee.
    Now to figure out games...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Went and got my PS4 accessories, the docking station and stand in Smyths Carrickmines. As I was buying them he said I presume you got yours seeing as your buying these. I said of course I have. So being smart, I said? I presume your only selling these for the moment without a PS4? Anwser I got was, well actually we have some in stock. Either he was taking the piss or he wasn't. So if your looking for a PS4 take a chance and ring them, you never know. Also try and ring Harvey Norman Carrickmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

liliq wrote: »
    Just got an email from amazon to say my estimated delivery date is 16/17 December! Woo!
    I'm hoping it doesn't arrive a bit early, might spoil the surprisee.
    Now to figure out games...

I got assassins creed 4 and lego marvel super heroes and can highly recommend both. I was going to get knack but Smyths hadn't got it in stock when i picked up the console so will leave it for a later date.

I got assassins creed 4 and lego marvel super heroes and can highly recommend both. I was going to get knack but Smyths hadn't got it in stock when i picked up the console so will leave it for a later date.

Thanking you :)
    HMV in Dundrum had (I think) all of the games in stock so I might head back over armed with those recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Manolen10 wrote: »
    Same here, I called last week and I was told that it would arrive this week, but I haven't received any call from them.

Anyone else with a second batch preorder from game stop?.

Yeah I'm in the second batch as well with gamestop. I was told the 12th December. I presume it's probably different with each gamestop shop because I heard the 19th Dec from someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Illinformed

Hi, I was speaking to a guy in Blanchardstown Gamestop yesterday and he told me that they were getting the 2nd batch out this Saturday 7th December?
    Not sure if this is true. Anyone get a call yet to collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Evilbart wrote: »
    The killzone that came with my gamer pack says on it not to be resold will they still accept it €52.50 is a sweet deal

Yeah a lot of places tend to ignore that message. CEX I'm looking in your direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Evilbart wrote: »
    The killzone that came with my gamer pack says on it not to be resold will they still accept it €52.50 is a sweet deal

I think that is just to let people know that it was part of a package and it shouldn't be sold individually as a "new" item, as a second hand game I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No selling on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Manolen10

Hey ya 2nd batch waiters!

Phone your local game stop, I just collected mine.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Hey ya 2nd batch waiters!

Phone your local game stop, I just collected mine.

Good luck!

Where are you Manolen?

ben101 wrote: »
    Where are you Manolen?

Dublín, collected at Henry st.

Dublín, collected at Henry st.

What date was your preorder ,mine is 25th sep i only rang them yesterday,don't want to annoy them too much by ringing every day.might leave it till tomrrow morning:)

What date was your preorder ,mine is 25th sep i only rang them yesterday,don't want to annoy them too much by ringing every day.might leave it till tomrrow morning:)

Fair play to you, I was annoying haha.

My preorder was from the 13th of Sept.

Fair play to you, I was annoying haha.

My preorder was from the 13th of Sept.

HA HA!Yeah,trick is to be a little annoying but i am afraid if i bug them too much they'll bump me to the back of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭strife

FYI for anyone waiting on 2nd round from amazon, i got an email last night with estimated delivery date of 16/12/13!

Theres still a chance thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Illinformed

HA HA!Yeah,trick is to be a little annoying but i am afraid if i bug them too much they'll bump me to the back of the queue.

Contacted Blanchardstown Gamestop and they said possibly Saturday. Pre-ordered early October.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acorkonian

Pre-Ordered 16th of October, so I'm a gamestop second batcher :D

Ordered online though, so I don't have the luxury of being able to annoy somebody in a physical shop for a date :-(

Could try emailing the customer care email address or ringing them, both of which I believe would be a waste of my time, so only thing to do it sit and wait for that dispatch email!

Comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My Gamestop online order arrived today anyway, so finally got to play a bit of PS4 at lunch time, not much, bits and pieces of games, and have a gig tonight but looking forward to cracking into it for a few hours later tonight and then once the weekend hits I'll be glued to it!

I had got through to them on the phone and while not getting too antsy at them I kinda pushed on why I hadn't got it for release and they shipped out a console within a day rather than the 2-3 weeks he had been saying.

Still waiting for Sony to pick up my BLOD console as there was a mix up with the order, but should have that replaced by Friday. Only problem is I had activated that console as my primary system before it died and the only way to deactivate it at the moment seems to be through the console itself. Couldn't play Resogun earlier because it said I didn't have the licence for it even though I was logged in under my account, so that could be an issue.

Other than that happy to be finally playing PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acorkonian

NotorietyH wrote: »
    My Gamestop online order arrived today anyway, so finally got to play a bit of PS4 at lunch time, not much, bits and pieces of games, and have a gig tonight but looking forward to cracking into it for a few hours later tonight and then once the weekend hits I'll be glued to it!

I had got through to them on the phone and while not getting too antsy at them I kinda pushed on why I hadn't got it for release and they shipped out a console within a day rather than the 2-3 weeks he had been saying.

Still waiting for Sony to pick up my BLOD console as there was a mix up with the order, but should have that replaced by Friday. Only problem is I had activated that console as my primary system before it died and the only way to deactivate it at the moment seems to be through the console itself. Couldn't play Resogun earlier because it said I didn't have the licence for it even though I was logged in under my account, so that could be an issue.

Other than that happy to be finally playing PS4!

Were you part of the launch day pre-orders, or were you a second batch-er?!

Just off the phone to customer care, said I will get an email 'within the next week' !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

acorkonian wrote: »
    Were you part of the launch day pre-orders, or were you a second batch-er?!

Just off the phone to customer care, said I will get an email 'within the next week' !

Supposedly launch day, there was hassle with my initial pre-order, it disappeared on the site at some point between June and October, so I ordered it late technically but they'd put me on the launch day list. I missed the launch day shipment though so I'm not sure whether my console that was shipped yesterday would have been first or second batch.

Yeah he'd said something about an email and having it in a couple of weeks, but then I started pushing, politely, asking why I didn't get it on launch, and he said he'd try and get one out to me that day, took 24 hours in the end for it to ship.

strife wrote: »
    FYI for anyone waiting on 2nd round from amazon, i got an email last night with estimated delivery date of 16/12/13!

Theres still a chance thank god!

Got that email last night, then got another just now saying it will be dispatched earlier than thought, new estimated delivery date is 10/11 December! Had to change my delivery address to my mams house or it will land in while himself is on a weeks holidays & wreak his Christmas surprise!
    Though, would it be nice to give him his present early while he has a week off?! Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

liliq wrote: »
    Got that email last night, then got another just now saying it will be dispatched earlier than thought, new estimated delivery date is 10/11 December! Had to change my delivery address to my mams house or it will land in while himself is on a weeks holidays & wreak his Christmas surprise!
    Though, would it be nice to give him his present early while he has a week off?! Decisions, decisions!

What did you order from Amazon? Was it the console by itself or a bundle?

I'm asking because I have a Gamers Pack on pre-order and am (im)patiently waiting for a estimated delivery date.

Grudle wrote: »
    What did you order from Amazon? Was it the console by itself or a bundle?

I'm asking because I have a Gamers Pack on pre-order and am (im)patiently waiting for a estimated delivery date.

Just the console. I got the email offering the chance to pick a bundle but am clueless so i just stuck with the console.

Don't know if it means anything but a lot of Argos stores are showing"unable to check stock at this time"

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

I thought it might have meant something myself but after ringing a load of stores they don't seem to have stock :(

icanmunch wrote: »
    I thought it might have meant something myself but after ringing a load of stores they don't seem to have stock :(

Stopped doing it now and gone back to out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Mine was meant to come yesterday or today from amazon and no sign. It has been sitting up in ballymount since saturday (literally 5 minutes away from me which makes it slightly worse).
    Know someone that was onto an post and they were told that there is a serious backup of packages at the warehouse in ballymount and he said they have no idea when the packages will get delivered. Asked would a pick up be possible and was told that they dont offer that service just have to wait for an post to get around to it.

I understand that things can be busy come christmas but surely they should have seen this coming and tried getting some more drivers or something. A little annoyed but only have myself to blame for choosing super saver delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 20,489 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Mine was meant to be here from amazon on the 2nd December. I contacted an post with tracking order, they had not received it yet. Contacted Amazon , they got back to me saying new date , at latest, is the 10th December. I ordered start of August, and picked the kill zone pack with camera and extra controller.

At least I don't have to keep annoying my mam about wether it had arrived in the post, as I still use my home address for orders as usually someone there.

• Advertisement

Mine was meant to come yesterday or today from amazon and no sign. It has been sitting up in ballymount since saturday (literally 5 minutes away from me which makes it slightly worse).
    Know someone that was onto an post and they were told that there is a serious backup of packages at the warehouse in ballymount and he said they have no idea when the packages will get delivered. Asked would a pick up be possible and was told that they dont offer that service just have to wait for an post to get around to it.

I understand that things can be busy come christmas but surely they should have seen this coming and tried getting some more drivers or something. A little annoyed but only have myself to blame for choosing super saver delivery
    All staff are on overtime from today,its mad busy .Have a bit of patience ,its only a day late ,at least you will have it for Xmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement