Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

alanashe wrote: »
    Then explain how I got a package from Amazon yesterday that was sent Monday night, yet one that was posted a week ago is still sitting in Ballymount? and before you ask, yes it did go through Ballymount.
    I noticed it arrived on Friday,including today that's 3 working days,not ideal but because of the vast amount posted at the same time and that they are bulky items they were probably put to the side so not to block all the other packets and parcels and they will do as many as will physically fit in the trucks as they can.The reason you get some Amazon packets next day is because some items are shipped from their warehouse in Dublin.Remember ,these console launches probably happens once every five years or so and now you have 2 at the same time,breaking all sorts of sales records,an extra strain on an already very busy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

ben101 wrote: »
    I noticed it arrived on Friday,including today that's 3 working days,not ideal but because of the vast amount posted at the same time and that they are bulky items they were probably put to the side so not to block all the other packets and parcels and they will do as many as will physically fit in the trucks as they can.The reason you get some Amazon packets next day is because some items are shipped from their warehouse in Dublin.Remember ,these console launches probably happens once every five years or so and now you have 2 at the same time,breaking all sorts of sales records,an extra strain on an already very busy time.

would today not be the 4th working day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE, BALLYMOUNT RD, DUBLIN 12 03-Dec-13
    18:19

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

That is a joke lads i would be kicking up a storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So is there anyone like me who was strong enough to wait until January?

I wanted to see both consoles live, see what games are like and what consoles had problems. I havn't budged from my PS4 commitment. Will most likely go Amazon since I dont buy electronics locally. Figure Killzone bundle, already have a copy of Fifa 14 (thanks EA friends). Any other launch titles worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

i got mine today

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

twam2008 wrote: »
    I went over to the dark side. Saw a Fifa Xbox One bundle in Dun Laoghaire and had it in the boot of my car within an hour. Voice activated Skype, Infrared for Universal Remote and future ability to use USB 3 Hard drive pushed me into it.

xbox-one-true-lies.gif

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

:o
    would today not be the 4th working day?

Yes you are right ,this is the fourth day ,its been a long week and i have a 3 yr old to look after as well.If it was me an it was bothering me that much i would print off something with the tracking number and address ,bring some ID and proof of address and go down and demand they at least try to look for it,you could also go down the route of filling a missing item form,might force them to go look for it,they are available on the An Post website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Ordered mine yesterday through my local Xtra-Vision. Late to the game but I hadnt planned on picking one up til Spring. Long story short I changed my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Ordered mine yesterday through my local Xtra-Vision. Late to the game but I hadnt planned on picking one up til Spring. Long story short you guys changed my mind!

edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

Xenji wrote: »
    I assume you are referring to Knack, and if you played it or had more of an interest in the games that are being released for the console, you would know that it is far more than some childs game.
    Knack PEGI rating is 12. However, on the box image on Amazon UK, it's 7. Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Anyone know if the normal killzone bundle will fit into parcel motel lockers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Mine did!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

e_e wrote: »
    Mine did!

OK cool thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

My ps4 is being prepared for dispatch. I was worried for a while that Amazon would leave me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Temaz wrote: »
    My ps4 is being prepared for dispatch. I was worried for a while that Amazon would leave me down.

When did you order and which bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Fiddlex wrote: »

Mine did aswel, it fit inside a medium sized locker. Just to think of it, you reminded me that Zavvi did not put any protection inside the parcel that carried my ps4 bundle :mad: Not even one bit of bubble wrap or anything... Cheap c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Does the Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack from amazon not fit in the parcel lockers?
    Have a month of free prime any point in using that? Should i look to delivery to a home address instead of parcel motel?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Does the Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack from amazon not fit in the parcel lockers?
    Have a month of free prime any point in using that? Should i look to delivery to a home address instead of parcel motel?

It looks to me as though the amazon gamer pack is the same as a mega bundle.
    It will not fit into PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

F1ngers wrote: »
    It looks to me as though the amazon gamer pack is the same as a mega bundle.
    It will not fit into PM.
    Im never ordered from amazon before , should i wait till dispatched and contact them change address to my home address instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

A little heads up if this hasn't been posted yet - gamestop are sending out emails to everyone where they tell you whether you will receive the ps4 before or after christmas. Unfortunately my one will only be in early January.. oh well, atleast I'll have it some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Im never ordered from amazon before , should i wait till dispatched and contact them change address to my home address instead?
    Contact them ASAP. They can't do much about a parcel if it's in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Did An Post deliver it? Mine is still being held hostage up in Ballymount since Friday 29th!

Yes, delivered yesterday morning (5th) at 0945. Big flat box for the mega bundle. THere was a big amazon box with the usual padding, then inside there was another cardboard box with security tape and then finally the actual ps4 box with FIFA wedged beside it.

Zith wrote: »
    Yes, delivered yesterday morning (5th) at 0945. Big flat box for the mega bundle. THere was a big amazon box with the usual padding, then inside there was another cardboard box with security tape and then finally the actual ps4 box with FIFA wedged beside it.

Mine was delivered this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MuttsCutts92

Mine was delivered this morning

Good stuff still no sign of mine been in Ballymount a full week now not happy wont have it for my weekend off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Print off the proof that it's there the full week, bring photo id with you and head to the sorting office. I'd also ring Head office and explain to them and ask that they ring ahead for you to let the sorting office know you're coming later.

Good stuff still no sign of mine been in Ballymount a full week now not happy wont have it for my weekend off

I was talking to the An Post driver who delivers to our office yesterday, he took the tracking number and said leave it with him.....he delivered it to me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MuttsCutts92

I was talking to the An Post driver who delivers to our office yesterday, he took the tracking number and said leave it with him.....he delivered it to me this morning.

Yeah that was sound of him god only knows when you would have got it otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Mine was marked as delivered two hours ago on the An Post tracking system but hasn't arrived yet. Has this happened to anyone else? Emailed on post customer service but not reply

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement