Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    I hope that any kid that wakes up on christmas morning and gets a Xbox knows that their parents do not really love them.

ROFL Thats one roundabout way telling the kids they are adopted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I remember like two years ago a mate of mine wanted a PS3 for Christmas. Santa got him a wii ... he then sold it on ebay and got some money got of it, really sucked for him! He couldn't believe it.

I remember like two years ago a mate of mine wanted a PS3 for Christmas. Santa got him a wii ... he then sold it on ebay and got some money got of it, really sucked for him! He couldn't believe it.

I wanted a MegaDrive back in the day and ended up lying to my school mates about the fact that Santa brought me a C64!!!!

Best Xmas ever was when I was not expecting anything (we were not well off) and Santa brought me a Sprectum ZX....was best xmas ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I remember my mates mother was asking me what to get here son. Everyone in school had a SNES, so I told her to get that. Make sure you get a super nintendo, not a nintendo. NES were ancient at that stage (mid 90's).
    What does she do? Yes, went out and bought a NES :D
    Some people just think they're all the same, why waste money on the expensive one. And yes, these people are eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

One of my favourite childhood memories was waking up one christmas morning when I was about 7 and finding a Sega Genesis under the tree and all 3 mega games beside it, then my mother got addicted to columns and hardly got to play it for a week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Parents would never get me a console when I was younger, I begged and begged but it was no luck. Then on Christmas morning, under the tree, lay a Sega Mega Drive. Couldn't believe my eyes, re-affirmed my belief in Santa since the parents wouldn't get me one!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

I got my 1st console when I was 5/6. When I got home from school, there was a NES all set up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles playing on it, I loved TMNT. I was in my element. I remember it was the day my brother was getting christened my mam and dad didnt want me feeling left out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

One of my favourite childhood memories was waking up one christmas morning when I was about 7 and finding a Sega Genesis under the tree and all 3 mega games beside it, then my mother got addicted to columns and hardly got to play it for a week or two.
    Giggity!
    Another way of not getting to play was having one tv. We only had one TV, so if my folks were watching something, no SNES. Few years later a neighbour was getting a new TV so I got his old one. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cienciano wrote: »
    Giggity!
    Another way of not getting to play was having one tv. We only had one TV, so if my folks were watching something, no SNES. Few years later a neighbour was getting a new TV so I got his old one. Happy days!

Was nothing better than sitting infront of those old TV's trying to tune in the channel the sega was on.

Was nothing better than sitting infront of those old TV's trying to tune in the channel the sega was on.

My mate got blown across the room plugging his MegaDrive in the back of his tv while on! Ahhhhhh memories! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Im thinking of preordering off sony has anyone else here used them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Harpy wrote: »
    Im thinking of preordering off sony has anyone else here used them?

At least one person has, back a page or two.

Just be aware, Sony take the full payment when you order it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

For those who have yet to pre order, Xtra vision are guaranteeing day one delivery if they pre order before Monday August 5th. Just got an email from them. It's posted on the home page of their site too

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Patrick Coke

I pre ordered my ps4 in GameStop cork :) does anyone know if i have to pre order ps plus , games and controllers ? I pre order my ps4 back in June , will i get one at launch

I pre ordered my ps4 in GameStop cork :) does anyone know if i have to pre order ps plus , games and controllers ? I pre order my ps4 back in June , will i get one at launch

I also have mine preordered at gamestop in Cork. Preordered it when I picked up the last of us in June, they are operating on a list basis. When I rang to find out where I was in the list, they said I was 66, I assume you'll be in or around that figure if you also PO in June but safest bet would be to ring them and ask where you are on the list.
    I have PO Knack, watch dogs and AC4. I would advise that you preorder any games and accessories to be on the safe side.
    You don't need to preorder PS plus, you can buy that online when you set up the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pre Ordered mine in my local Gamestop, didn't pre-order any games for it, it'll probably be cheaper to nip into Tesco next door and buy BF4, GameStop always take the piss around any launch time with the price of games/controllers/accessories, for about a month then suddenly the prices revert to "normal" prices...

18 more sleeps until Gamescom!!!

Once we get that release date we can start booking time work off, shipping off the kids and sending the wife off to visit the in laws! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fieldog wrote: »
    Pre Ordered mine in my local Gamestop, didn't pre-order any games for it, it'll probably be cheaper to nip into Tesco next door and buy BF4, GameStop always take the piss around any launch time with the price of games/controllers/accessories, for about a month then suddenly the prices revert to "normal" prices...

Ordered online from Gamestop early, just ordered Killzone. I'll be doing the same and heading into Tesco or the likes to get anything else and then there's the PSN store which will have all the games both retail/paid and F2P/Plus.

Just called GameStop and found out that it is first co e first served on the day !!!!! Im soo cross

They said that there is no list !

• Advertisement

Just called GameStop and found out that it is first co e first served on the day !!!!! Im soo cross

I don't understand that cos when I rang they said they were going by a list so that if they only got 100 the 1st 100 to order would get 1 and like I said they told me I was 66 on the list.
    I PO in gamestop patrick st btw.

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I don't understand that cos when I rang they said they were going by a list so that if they only got 100 the 1st 100 to order would get 1 and like I said they told me I was 66 on the list.
    I PO in gamestop patrick st btw.

I PO in Ballincollig ! I think im going to ring back and ask if there is a midnight launch and if there is ill be out in my tent by the door lol :')

I PO in Ballincollig ! I think im going to ring back and ask if there is a midnight launch and if there is ill be out in my tent by the door lol :')

Ok yeah some GS are not operating on a list which is madness. I doubt Ballincollig would be having a midnight release. As far as I'm aware GS in Patrick st are having midnight release. If I were you I would ring GS Patrick st and find out if you could preorder there instead otherwise you will just have to be 1st outside the door on release day in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gamestop's are all individual franchises, so it's down to the individual store if having a list or not, the majority are, but there's always gonna be the few idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

will it be the same price everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

I would say so maybe different bundle deals will change price

Yeah the console will have a standard price of €399 or €399.97 as they do in Gamestop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yes,
    Think of it kinda like a Spar or a Mace shop, they all have the same name(as they're all the same franchise) and the same prices, just different managers and different ways of doing things..

The PS4 has just become the extreme example of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Smyths on Jervis Street Dublin still have day one offers. I saw the list yesterday and there are only 17 names down by the looks of it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I say you're fine, it's not like you were planning to leave it with them for a week and Cork is probably fine as you've got 3 Gamestops near each other; the wilton one won't be a midnight opening at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement