Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

Ya I also got a tracking number but it doesn't show up so it's useless... Last fri they said it is in Swansea.. Meant to arrive today still hasn't but I did have an order for the controller and games meant to arrive last Monday and didn't show up till fri so I'll give it a few days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Does any one know how Harvey Normans will fare in the next batch compared to their existing preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dynamom

Can ANYBODY get hold of a PS4 in this country at all?
    I was told a few weeks ago they wouldn't even take pre-orders in Smyths, so I gave up, thinking there are sure to be deliverys before Christmas. Not so sure anymore. Have checked around and cannot find any in stock of any of the usual stockists. HHHHHEEEELLLLPPP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I wouldn't think you'd get one at retail before christmas now. Online would be the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Dynamom wrote: »
    Can ANYBODY get hold of a PS4 in this country at all?
    I was told a few weeks ago they wouldn't even take pre-orders in Smyths, so I gave up, thinking there are sure to be deliverys before Christmas. Not so sure anymore. Have checked around and cannot find any in stock of any of the usual stockists. HHHHHEEEELLLLPPP
    I have heard February been mentioned when you will be able to go in and buy one over the counter and that would probably be an optimistic date considering the amount of preorders the shops have to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I was looking around for one in mid november and when I was told it'd take until January for one if I pre-ordered. I decided there's no point in pre-ordering. FFS now I'm hearing February? Why the hell didn't sony make more?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I was looking around for one in mid november and when I was told it'd take until January for one if I pre-ordered. I decided there's no point in pre-ordering. FFS now I'm hearing February? Why the hell didn't sony make more?

If you pre order now you're looking at March, Sony will have 3 million out by the end of the year and another 3 million out by the end of the March, 4 million of these are going to the US and the other 2 million is being split between 32 other launch countries and the 6 Asian countries is is launching in this month.

Xenji wrote: »
    If you pre order now you're looking at March, Sony will have 3 million out by the end of the year and another 3 million out by the end of the March, 4 million of these are going to the US and the other 2 million is being split between 32 other launch countries and the 6 Asian countries is is launching in this month.

source?

source?

Just going by what analysts have been saying and Sony's estimates.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-aiming-to-sell-5-million-ps4-consoles-before-march-2014/1100-6414644/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/analyst-xbox-one-ps4-to-ship-5-6-million-units-this-holiday/1100-6415784/

Michael Pachter who is a respected industry analyst and has got all his stuff right so far was the person I am taking the figures from, but it was on a Eurogamer podcast.

As it stands in the US alone they have over 2.6 million pre orders on back order according to a conference call by Gamestop.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/gamestop-23-million-playstation-4-units-on-backorder

Sony have also sold over 2.1 million console since the 1st of December, that number is undoubtedly higher now and they are still saying they expect to only have 3 million consoles sold by the end of the year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/03/sony-ps4-sales-rise-to-2-1-million-700k-sold-in-europe-austr/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

For the posters that are still waiting for their PS4 to arrive from Amazon.

Were you given an An Post or UPS tracking number?

The Mega bundle I ordered from Amazon was dispatched today and I was given a UPS tracking number.

Thanks

I have an An Post one but it's not accepting it for some reason, so I can't track it maybe when the PS4 in Ireland it will work?

I really don't know tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

My mate pre ordered a PS4 on the 23rd November in Gamestop and got it today. He got the Killzone bundle. He traded Killzone against NFS. Pretty happy with himself. He thought that he wouldn't get it till next year.

My mate pre ordered a PS4 on the 23rd November in Gamestop and got it today. He got the Killzone bundle. He traded Killzone against NFS. Pretty happy with himself. He thought that he wouldn't get it till next year.

Yeah they are meant to be getting a small batch of consoles in this week, worth a look with some stores not going by lists.

Yeah they are meant to be getting a small batch of consoles in this week, worth a look with some stores not going by lists.

On Sunday he was told he would have it next weekend and that he was third on the list. He texted me today all delighted the he had got a call to pick it up ASAP. Lucky there was flip all that had it pre ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smokwawelskiii

There was 1 in Argos in Castlebar for a split second to reserve. For the time i let my friend know it was gone so next time I will reserve it for him. If You see it grab it hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Did he order it online or in store? I pre ordered on the 26th Nov and got an email saying it would be January by the time i got it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well today was Amazons 'very last day' for delivery, and the post has come and gone and no PS4.

I'll send them another email and see what the reply is this time

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

wawaman wrote: »
    Did he order it online or in store? I pre ordered on the 26th Nov and got an email saying it would be January by the time i got it

That is shocking! I know people who ordered end of October who have not got theirs yet and it's meant to be nationwide list. It must have been in error? Lucky him though!

redgp wrote: »
    That is shocking! I know people who ordered end of October who have not got theirs yet and it's meant to be nationwide list. It must have been in error? Lucky him though!

The list is not nationwide with Gamestop, it is store by store, a very small minority of stores did not even have lists, would loved to have seem those stores on launch night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Smyths will have walkin consoles on the 16th.

Only if they have any left after they sort their pre orders according to a poster who works there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

I am still waiting on my pre order from Smyths so it better not be walkins, others are waiting on them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Getting mine in Dan Fitzgeralds, The Mall, Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Only if they have any left after they sort their pre orders according to a poster who works there.

Smyths in Waterford will have walkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Nazzu wrote: »
    I am still waiting on my pre order from Smyths so it better not be walkins, others are waiting on them as well.

Same as, still waiting on a phone call from Smyths, murder will be created if people can walk in and buy one before I get my preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Getting mine in Dan Fitzgeralds, The Mall, Tralee.

Wait what? :p

So what're the chances of it coming back into stock on Amazon/Argos and the likes before Christmas? Also what are the chances of getting it in the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Which Gamestop was this?

wawaman wrote: »
    He ordered in store and traded his PS3 against it.
    Which Gamestop was this?
    Gamestop in Longford. Seemingly they gave him more of a trade in for his PS3 than the Cavan Gamestop would.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Amazon emailed saying my order was 'lost' and said I will have the amount refunded to my account for the killzone bundle with the extra controller and camera. I have sent another email to them explaining how unhappy I am but I doubt I will get much joy. Pre ordered mid August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 kevinr7213

Hey, has anyone bought games etc. From base.com they seem to have stock on there web sight, what do ye think is it worth a punt??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement