Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Got a call from xtra vision today, pre ordered a month ago picked it up today :) have to pack it away till 25th though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Sirsok wrote: »
    Got a call from xtra vision today, pre ordered a month ago picked it up today :) have to pack it away till 25th though

Bo you won't! Give in to the temptation! Join us, join us!!! :-D

Even I wanted to play I couldn't! Couldn't afford a game and waitin on eircom to set up some internet in the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Same as, drove 100 miles before training last night to pick it up, then gave it to mammy to hide for christmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Pre-ordered mine in Gamestop Swords on 22nd November thinking not a chance of me getting it until next month or the month after - rang them today and picked up the console! They must have got more stock in or people havent been picking them up?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Macky77

Gamestop's website saying this: Please Note:Orders placed after December 19th are not guaranteed for pre-Christmas delivery. We strongly recommend selecting the express shipping method in order to ensure early delivery.

Does this mean if I order now I will definitely get it before Christmas.

Or would I be better ordering it in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Goofypr

Even I wanted to play I couldn't! Couldn't afford a game and waitin on eircom to set up some internet in the house!

Eircom are horrendous for internet.

Upc possibly?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Goofypr wrote: »
    Eircom are horrendous for internet.

Upc possibly?

Really? 40Mb down, 20 up for me with eFibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Goofypr

whiterebel wrote: »
    Really? 40Mb down, 20 up for me with eFibre.

Forgot about their fibre jazz. :)

I still would go with Upc though. :) but that's my opinion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Goofypr wrote: »
    Forgot about their fibre jazz. :)

I still would go with Upc though. :) but that's my opinion.

your right, if I had that option it would be UPC every time, their product floors eircoms eFibre but for me sadly neither are an option and will be left dangling on standard 8meg bb as I am 3km from any village/urban area.

but, back on topic, the biggest mistake I made about pre-ordering my PS4 was going with an Irish supplier.... should have gone the Amazon route totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

What part of the country you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got a call from XV today,almost missed it.Heading to collect mine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macky77

anyone got one off argos or tesco recently? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Argos down again and check argos saying unknown status for everywhere. How are people still crashing the sites :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Argos down again and check argos saying unknown status for everywhere. How are people still crashing the sites :eek:

Maybe people are looking at Argos for prices for presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So I want one of these, get paid on the 20th, know I wont get one until January

But am I best off putting my name down somewhere? I typically don't want to provide my custom to gamestop or xtravision, was going to happily go with Amazon. Assuming that pricing and bundles are all the same pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TheDoc wrote: »

But am I best off putting my name down somewhere? I typically don't want to provide my custom to gamestop or xtravision, was going to happily go with Amazon. Assuming that pricing and bundles are all the same pretty much

Amazon are more expensive even when avoiding the extra tax with parcel motel as the sterling price of the console is higher to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Well it arrived this morning!
    The choice was made for me about giving it to the mr early, he's back in work this week after his week off last week so I may as well wait til Christmas now :D
    I'm just so relieved it arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TheDoc wrote: »

PM this poster: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88029437&postcount=3227

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I walked in and picked up a knack bundle for my brother tonight at 5pm,smyths Waterford...last one.

I told you lads that they would be there.

More on wedensday .

051 370322 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Gamestop in Mahon Point in Cork have a limited number for sale. First come first serve according to their twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Gamestop in Mahon Point in Cork have a limited number for sale. First come first serve according to their twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Irishpug

GameStop cavan just put up on FB they got there last lot in and if there not collected by Saturday you can walk in and buy what ever they have left

marvsins wrote: »
    What part of the country you in?

In Kilkenny myself

In Transit: late
    The delivery of your package is delayed due to a problem with the carrier (updated 11 hours ago (s))
    Estimated delivery date originally: Monday, December 16, 2013

Thats for my delivery from Amazon France, they must have dropped it :pac:

It is being delivered today :) though will be watching the Man Utd match tonight so a good evening ahead hopefully - a win for United and PS4 that works...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is being delivered today :) though will be watching the Man Utd match tonight so a good evening ahead hopefully - a win for United and PS4 that works...

Your PS4 should work at least.......!

wawaman wrote: »
    Your PS4 should work at least.......!

lol, I asked for that one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Just got an email to say my PS4 has been shipped. Delighted is not the word, was told it would be mid January at the earliest i would get it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement