Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

What's the word on paying it off before release in smyths? I know you can do it in gamestop which is handy because more than likely I'll have it pissed away long before release and I've the money for it now.

Had to choose between gym membership and a PS4. I think my life could branch off in two very different directions depending on which choice I make :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Anyone who has ordered on Amazon - how much was it?

It says £349 but then the total is £357.72 with free postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon have to add on the Irish VAT rate, it's 3% higher than the UK rate. With the exchange rate you are paying €20 more than you would have here and have to wait about 4 working days after launch to get it, best case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I ordered a PS4 at Amazon, I'm just hoping because it @ .co.uk my order is not trapped in the middle of 1000's upon 1000's of UK orders!!!! If it is a sterling price the final price is at the whim of the currency markets at launch I reckon.

I am kind of hoping that Amazon will get their hands on consoles quicker and faster than Gamestop etc so I wont be sitting around waiting for a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Pre-ordered in Xtravision. Minimum €50 deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Preordered mine in Gamestop yesterday, the guy in the shop told me the only chance possible of having one on release was to preorder. There's bound to be a rise in interest now after E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

In the Independent paper today (yes the paper) the headline says :
    One in three XtraVision outlets set to close.
    I would not go with Xtravision and possibly not GameStop, Amazon seems the safest.
    I still have a lot of backlog in the PS3 so gonna hold out until 2014.
    Best of luck to all pre-ordering, I salute you !!
    Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Amazon have to add on the Irish VAT rate, it's 3% higher than the UK rate. With the exchange rate you are paying €20 more than you would have here and have to wait about 4 working days after launch to get it, best case.
    jaffusmax wrote: »
    I ordered a PS4 at Amazon, I'm just hoping because it @ .co.uk my order is not trapped in the middle of 1000's upon 1000's of UK orders!!!! If it is a sterling price the final price is at the whim of the currency markets at launch I reckon.

I am kind of hoping that Amazon will get their hands on consoles quicker and faster than Gamestop etc so I wont be sitting around waiting for a phone call.

I ordered on amazon.co.uk and got it delivered to the parcelmotel in Northern Ireland. They will send it down here.

I choose one-day delivery and got it free cause I signed up to a one month free trial of amazon prime. Once it arrives in Parcel Motel it gets to Dublin and Wicklow that same night, I don`t know about other parts of Ireland.

That way you spend £349 + €3.50 (you won`t have to spend the €3.50 if you haven`t used parcel motel before, as you get the first two uses free).

I also pre-ordered online on Xtravision, saw no mention of a deposit , hope that they haven`t charged me!

The UK price for the PS4 is €10 more than here even with the cheaper UK VAT, that's why UK gamers are pissed, they are paying the most for their PS4s besides the likes of Finland and Norway with their very high VAT rates. The exchange rate is crap right now and it's not going to get much better. Also if you get a dud it has to go back to Amazon, yes they pay for it but it's a pain in the hoop if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »

The one beside me closed only a few weeks ago. It was where I got my phat 60gig too before they were replaced by the revised 40 and 80gig versions. I'll miss them, they had some great deals on at times and I had no reason to go to Gamestop for my impulse buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 akeating

Anyone know what the trade in value of a ps3 against it is likely to be? GameStop are giving 25% extra trade in value when you preorder but what range are you looking at with that? It's a 250Gb slim by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

did someone say DAYZ was a ps4 and pc exclusive...?? i know its on pc currently btw

akeating wrote: »
    Anyone know what the trade in value of a ps3 against it is likely to be? GameStop are giving 25% extra trade in value when you preorder but what range are you looking at with that? It's a 250Gb slim by the way
    gamestop give 25% extra on your games only, consoles are not included in 25% extra trade in value

did someone say DAYZ was a ps4 and pc exclusive...?? i know its on pc currently btw

They are looking at taking Day Z to the next gen consoles but the developer has come out and said that due to the fact MS won't let them self publish and charge $10,000+ per patch they won't being bringing it to the XBO. There is a strong chance of it coming to PS4 and not a hope for XBO becasue of those reasons.

Basically the Dev's said that because of frequent patching needed and the cost M$ charge each time they are "EXPLORING" the best feasible way to get it on a console, the PS4 would seem to be the more suitable home for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Do smyths not allow you to pay if off in stages if you want?..

Basically the Dev's said that because of frequent patching needed and the cost M$ charge each time they are "EXPLORING" the best feasible way to get it on a console, the PS4 would seem to be the more suitable home for it!
    WELL IF THATS GONNA BE EXCLUSIVE PS4 IS GONNA HAVE ME....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

Right so where is the best place to preorder currently for a day 1?

Right so where is the best place to preorder currently for a day 1?

5 Day ago :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 akeating

gamestop give 25% extra on your games only, consoles are not included in 25% extra trade in value

Well that sucks... How much would ps3s get trade in so? Would I be lucky to get €100 for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭barry181091

5 Day ago :p

That bad huh? Thing is, its actually all REALLY REALLY good for us in the long run :cool:

That bad huh? Thing is, its actually all REALLY REALLY good for us in the long run :cool:

Is it true back when the PS3 was due to launch a shed load was diverted to the US originally earmarked for the UK? I presume they will flood their priority markets first aka the US! I expect one at the very very latest in Jan, we are a very small customer base after all unfortunately!!! Apologies for being a bummer about it, best keep grounded me thinks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I preordered in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Pre ordered in Smyths about Mid March still was only 3rd on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Help me, where should I pre-order? How much is it to pre-order & when do you think it will be out? [guess-estimate]

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Preordered in gamestop right after MS conference. ( not e3 one) dropped 30eu on it. Since then I got 100eu played out so far. Next month I'll try to pay out another 100eu. I should be okay with paying it out fully before it comes out. So I can walk in with another 200eu in my pocket on launch and go ma with games etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mozattack wrote: »
    Help me, where should I pre-order? How much is it to pre-order & when do you think it will be out?

Smyths, gamestop or amazon.
    [guess-estimate]

This year.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Help me, where should I pre-order? How much is it to pre-order & when do you think it will be out? [guess-estimate]

I'd guess a early to mid November release.
    Complete guess on my part but I'd say it would coincide with thanksgiving in the states.

I could be completely wrong though just as easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Pre-ordered in Gamestop, express delivery to work! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement