Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Anyone hear if Smyth's are in any trouble?....i've got 225 paid off, i dont want a HMV scenario.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone hear if Smyth's are in any trouble?....i've got 225 paid off, i dont want a HMV scenario.........?

Smyths I'm assuming are going to be fine, It's good to hear you can pay off with them though, was unsure.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Smyths I'm assuming are going to be fine, It's good to hear you can pay off with them though, was unsure.

you cant, not directly....you can get a guft card and pay money onto that. i have 205 quid on my giftcard thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Pre-ordred in Gamestop. Asked about how likely I would get it, and was told there weren't that many pre orders yet and if there is bigger demand than supply then it would be first come first serve on the night. Looks like it may the first time I ever spend more than an hour in a queue for amidnight release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

I pre-ordered online from xtra-vision, I have already been charged the full amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

ferike1 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered in Gamestop, express delivery to work! :D

+1 its the only way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Woofstuff wrote: »
    I pre-ordered online from xtra-vision, I have already been charged the full amount.

You should cancel that and get the money back ASAP xtra-vision are in receivership many of their stores closing countrywide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Thats a bit harsh! Gamestop let you pre-order online and dont take any money from your paypal until release day:D

well if they go bust you're gonna have great fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd get that money back if I were you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

ferike1 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered in Gamestop, express delivery to work! :D

yup same here. safest bet and can pay it off over time too which helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

well if they go bust you're gonna have great fun..
    FixitFelix wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh! Gamestop let you pre-order online and dont take any money from your paypal until release day:D
    lertsnim wrote: »
    I'd get that money back if I were you

Refund arranged. If I don`t get the money by Thursday Ill be ringing them. They were very swift to reply to my email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If Smiths go bust, you can put money on it that they'll trade over christmas. So if it happens, it'll be janurary. So your PS should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How much of a deposit are gamestop looking for to hold one for launch day? Want to reserve in store. Anyone know how much there currently paying for an xbox 360 with kinetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Pre ordered in Smyth's Carrickmines yesterday 32nd on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You people are nuts to be taking the risk by putting substantial amounts of cash down this far away from release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

How much of a deposit are gamestop looking for to hold one for launch day? Want to reserve in store. ?

I paid €20.00 last Friday, I think that's the minimum they accept. You can then pay it by instalments if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

You don't need to actually pay the money til it's released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

GameStop in Wilton Shopping Center in Cork, Was told i will have mine at Launch Day as i was within the First Group to Pre-Order. I say every one is going to Smyths..

So i need to book a Day off from Work on that Day, maybe the whole week.. to play what ever games come out on Launch day

What Games are going out that Day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cienciano wrote: »
    If Smiths go bust, you can put money on it that they'll trade over christmas. So if it happens, it'll be janurary. So your PS should be safe.

Or you'd be an unsecured creditors, and they keep going while not giving you what you're owed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Pre-ordred in Gamestop. Asked about how likely I would get it, and was told there weren't that many pre orders yet and if there is bigger demand than supply then it would be first come first serve on the night. Looks like it may the first time I ever spend more than an hour in a queue for amidnight release.

Thats kinda unfair, you are maybe on the top 20 on the list, and its a first come first serve..

Gamestop where i pre ordered they told me its going by the list that i will get a phone call when my one is in i can then go in and pick it up without having to queue,

Maybe they will phone the first 20 and tell them that they can come in and pick their up on mid Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Cienciano wrote: »

Smyths is definitely NOT going bust, rest assured. Put my pre-order in today and asked if I could pay it off in instalments like gamestop. He said I couldn't though.

preoredered GameStop in Limerick city today, i was number 85 :) apparently only first hundred preorders are guaranteed on launch night

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I think I'll put a deposit on a PS4 tomorrow. Gamestop seems like the safest place to leave a deposit in at the minute. Not that I'm in a rush to get it.

Cant believe Xtravision took the full amount just for ordering it! I'd be getting my money back giving the trouble they are in!

Varik wrote: »
    Or you'd be an unsecured creditors, and they keep going while not giving you what you're owed.

+ keep taking money from customers for gift cards, dont pay staff over the holiday period, come mid January they call in the receivers.....everyone gets royally f*cked :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

mines ordered in gamestop Waterford he said I was 4th on the list

Shin

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Smyths is definitely NOT going bust, rest assured. Put my pre-order in today and asked if I could pay it off in instalments like gamestop. He said I couldn't though.

Smyths have a gift card, just put money each week on that and the PS4 will be paid off by mid November. I have 225 on my gift card incl. the 20 quid deposit.

I'll try throw 20 quid a week until launch, i want the eye camera and a couple of games.

Reckon i'll splash down 600 notes on launch day :o

preoredered GameStop in Limerick city today, i was number 85 :) apparently only first hundred preorders are guaranteed on launch night

They can't guarantee anything, all they can do is stop taking pre-orders at some point and see how many they can get off Sony.

Varik wrote: »
    They can't guarantee anything, all they can do is stop taking pre-orders at some point and see how many they can get off Sony.

Yup....demand well outstrips supply, they might only have 2 million units for launch day, but that is spread all over the world. Big retailers with clout would get more like Amazon.

But Smyths in Ireland might only get 20 per store, hard to say but a pre order wont guarantee a midnight pickup....unless you're me....no. 1 on the list! :D

I have to find out how they'll do the list though, is it first come first server on the night?....or does it go by the list of names. I think its only fair it goes by names, otherwise it'll be a 24 hour sitdown outside the store :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have to find out how they'll do the list though, is it first come first server on the night?....or does it go by the list of names. I think its only fair it goes by names, otherwise it'll be a 24 hour sitdown outside the store :rolleyes:

For the PS3 from Smyths is was first come, doubt they'll bother with anything more complex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement