Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I have online ordered a PS4 with Gamestop. I had a major rethink about my Amazon order, the hassle involved if I get a wonky console and returning it meant I would rather have a store nearby I could pop into. Also I contacted GS via Facebook to ask the below!

ME
    Hi, I just ordered a PS4 today. Would you think that there will be supply to meet demand on launch or have I left it a bit late?

12:37
    GameStop Ireland
    Is that in store or online?

12:38
    ME

13:31
    GameStop Ireland
    We have been told nothing about numbers yest so Sony have to deliver. We will probably be told in the next month or 2 what numbers to expect and when to stop preorders so you should be good.

13:42
    ME
    Thx for the quick reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For all Gamestop know they could already have more pre-orders than the first shipment of stock they will get. It's all guess work until September or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Does not matter what number you are on the list. Gamestop pre order customers are first come first serve.

Smyths though had my name and number and phone number stuck to the box of my 360 pre order back in the day though. That was very good service.

Here's hoping that's the case for me too in smyths! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,214 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads surely those game prices will go back to normal soon enough?

Also I have pre-ordered my ps4 from gamestop.ie, nice to see they finally wait for the item to be shipped until they take payment

jIoacct.gif

Meanwhile the XBone is in full production!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just preordered on GameStop.ie €399 + free express delivery great deal and I also preordered on amazon.co.uk as well just in case there are shortages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

jaffusmax wrote: »
    jIoacct.gif

Meanwhile the XBone is in full production!
    Class...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Pre-ordered from Gamestop today. Traded in my PS3 and a few games and dvd's I had and I put it as a deposit on the PS4. Have it half paid for so far. Sad to see the PS3 go but very happy it has gone so far to pay for the PS4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ bit early to trade in the PS3 no?....loads of games coming out and free on PS+. I'm waiting for Arkham Origins so cant sell it until i have done the game and DLC.

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads surely those game prices will go back to normal soon enough?

Sony SCEA have come out and said that first party PS4 games will be the same price PS3 games currently are yesterday, third part developers can charge what they want. Like the way CoD games are always €5-10 more expensive than other titles. The prices are just placholders on the sites for now.

• Advertisement

^ bit early to trade in the PS3 no?....loads of games coming out and free on PS+. I'm waiting for Arkham Origins so cant sell it until i have done the game and DLC.

Crazy to trade in a PS3 imo. You have GTA5, Beyond Two Souls and GT6 coming, and all the PS+ titles for the rest of the year. Whatever they gave you in trade in value you will get more value form PS+ free games between now and the PS4 being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Not really getting much use out of it lately mate. Just too busy for the next few months and thought if I traded it now it would be worth more.

Least when the time comes for the PS4 release I'll have it paid for and money for new games saved too. Each to their own of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cancelled my order on amazon and will wait a year or more after its released before deciding to get one or not. I have a decent PC and a PS3 with loads of PS+ games I still haven't played, so there is no point really.

Not really getting much use out of it lately mate. Just too busy for the next few months and thought if I traded it now it would be worth more.

Least when the time comes for the PS4 release I'll have it paid for and money for new games saved too. Each to their own of course.

For first few months I reckon ill be playing BF4 on the PS4 and doing single player games on the PS3 with games I missed. At the moment have Demons Souls from PSplus and Dark Souls 2 inbound later!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Anyone remember what kind of pre-order bundles the PS3 had? I can't decide whether to wait and see what kind of bundle I can get and miss launch day or just pre-order now and hopefully get one at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Preordered today in Gamestop when the time comes im probaly going to trade in my 360 towards it but definitly keeping it till then, Still have my Ps3 plus loads of unstarted Plus games to tide me over though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jaffusmax wrote: »

Well.. that doesnt fill me with hope..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Xtra vision are guaranteeing a PS4 on release with a deposit of 10 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Tom_Cruise wrote: »

Shame there's also no guarantee they'll be around on release :p

• Advertisement

Impossible, noone knows how many are,being released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Impossible, noone knows how many are,being released

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=048210a34a86cbd1687b08a27&id=3594bff7df&e=3e0f2938d0

This is the email xtravision or someone sent me anyway, i pretty sure it legit i have received email from xtra vision before.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=048210a34a86cbd1687b08a27&id=3594bff7df&e=3e0f2938d0

This is the email xtravision or someone sent me anyway, i pretty sure it legit i have received email from xtra vision before.

Im sure it is legit, but theyve no idea of numbers coming to europe, like the rest of us.. must be expecting small numbers,of preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i said feck it today and pre-ordered in gamestop, have a preorder in xtravision aswell so should get a machine from at least 1 of em

Think you have that the worng way round. It's €80 more expensive.:D

Any they have bundles with games that won't even be out on PS4 this year. Destiny and inFamous.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

minimum of €50 deposit with extravision pre order

Think you have that the worng way round. It's €80 more expensive.:D

Any they have bundles with games that won't even be out on PS4 this year. Destiny and inFamous.

:o ...i was thinking of the xbone price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I just placed a €10 deposit on a PS4 in Xtravision. It was enough to keep one for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

Preordered mine in Gamestop Cork, didnt ask what number I was on the list. They will be doing midnight release anyway so ill pick mine up then :D
    Hope they will start announcing bundles soon...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement