Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    If you are just doing it now, you will be fairly down the list and it has been confirmed they are going by lists.

Ordered it last week and got a reply from an email to say I should be fine for launch! We will see about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Amazon are already sold out of launch day pre-orders.

The pre-order button is still showing, so you get a message about it if you try to pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

pre-ordered a ps4 back in march.. Im number 3 on the pre-order list, so hopefully Ill get one at launch.. €20 deposit I put down in gamestop...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    pre-ordered a ps4 back in march.. Im number 3 on the pre-order list, so hopefully Ill get one at launch.. €20 deposit I put down in gamestop...

If your number 3 on the list your def ok

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

EnterNow wrote: »
    The pre-order button is still showing, so you get a message about it if you try to pre-order?

They had a launch button and a standard button, the launch one sold out in 2 days after E3 and now they just have the standard one

• Advertisement

They had a launch button and a standard button, the launch one sold out in 2 days after E3 and now they just have the standard one

I've a receipt from Amazon from the 11th, can't recall the pre-order button being a launch button though...

I've a receipt from Amazon from the 11th, can't recall the pre-order button being a launch button though...

Did it look like this http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/13/amazon-launch-edition-playstation-4/

I can't for the life of me remember, I don't think so, but then again I don't think it said standard edition either. I think, it was just the normal preorder button...but this was on the 11th

I can't for the life of me remember, I don't think so, but then again I don't think it said standard edition either. I think, it was just the normal preorder button...but this was on the 11th

I remember seeing other people saying they got a email from Amazon stating they would receive the console on launch day, did you get one?

I remember seeing other people saying they got a email from Amazon stating they would receive the console on launch day, did you get one?

Nope, just the usual email receipt that you get when you buy/pre order something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Nope, just the usual email receipt that you get when you buy/pre order something.

The US Amazon had a Launch Day Button. None on .co.uk!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

I think the launch / standard edition was for US

That would make more sense, wonder with amazon.co.uk how they will work it then, I know with Ni No Kuni that so many people ordered it and that they did not have the stock to fullfill everyones order, so they only dispatched to customers who had ordered by a certain date and the rest had to wait till it was in stock again, can see that happening with the PS4.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 cool4cats17

Ordered mine in Gamestop Galway about two weeks ago. Went in to put the €20 I though it was to preorder, they said that €20 only gets you on a 'list' while 50 yo yos 'guarantees' you a console.

Was suprised that they said there was only about 30 on the list so far as Gamestop is one of the main places left in the City to get it as Game and HMV have closed and the Xtra visions look dodgey now too. This surely means that this Gamestop will get a fair slice of the pie when it comes to allocation of console time, a lot more than 30 anyway so I think I'm fairly safe.

Anyone know will they do the midnight launch as they are located in the shopping centre?

Ordered mine in Gamestop Galway about two weeks ago. Went in to put the €20 I though it was to preorder, they said that €20 only gets you on a 'list' while 50 yo yos 'guarantees' you a console.

Was suprised that they said there was only about 30 on the list so far as Gamestop is one of the main places left in the City to get it as Game and HMV have closed and the Xtra visions look dodgey now too. This surely means that this Gamestop will get a fair slice of the pie when it comes to allocation of console time, a lot more than 30 anyway so I think I'm fairly safe.

Anyone know will they do the midnight launch as they are located in the shopping centre?

20 euro in gamestop means a pre order.. How high up the list you are will depend wether you get a ps4 on release day.. People have

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 cool4cats17

They said there was no guarantees with only a 20 euro deposit, a 50 euro deposit means they actually order a console for you or so they said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I cant imagine going down to gamestop at midnight and being told you cant have one because youre too far down on the order list. Unless theres severe shortages of course.

They said there was no guarantees with only a 20 euro deposit, a 50 euro deposit means they actually order a console for you or so they said

I don't think they ask sony for x amount of console's, Im sure they will be given a certain amount of console's to sell. Id say supply will not meet demand.. When i ordered my ps4 back in march all i was asked for was 20 euro and that i coild pay money of my pre order right up to release..

Its simple and has been confirmed, the earlier that you put a deposit down, regardless of how much, the more chance you have of getting it, they only get 100 consoles in and your number 67 on the list and have pre-ordered you will get yours, this is what Gamestop are doing anyway, also remember that they have been taking pre-orders since February.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    If your number 3 on the list your def ok

I'm number 1 in Smyth's Limerick.....:D

• Advertisement

I pre-ordered the Eye camera for the PS4 in Gamestop, 5 quid down. Jaysus!....if they release standard and premium bundles on launch night there will be chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

whoever said this my good friend, was filling you with complete BS.
    If you are within the first Hundred in Gamestop then they will pre-order you a PS4 for launch day(in Limerickthey're taking a deposit for the first hunred and that's all they can guarantee. this is the policy in gamestop through-out the country and was the instruction given to them, according to manager)

Here, they will be setting up 2 ques on launch night, one for pre-orders and one for walk ins. The preorder que will be dealt with first and when this si full, if available, the walk ins will then be dealt with.

From mid=August/September, bundles will be available also.

Was in today adding more to deposit,was no-one else in the store so questioned the manager a bit :)

I'm throwing a PS4 party outside Smth's on Childers road....hot food, music and soft drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'm throwing a PS4 party outside Smth's on Childers road....hot food, music and soft drinks!

the temptation to move to that one, for this alone.. as i 5 minutes behind the place is oddly tempting.. add alcooholic drinks from dunnes and your sold :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I hope my gamestop does a midnight launch.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I hope my gamestop does a midnight launch.

Hope they do as well, ours is right beside a pub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ours in a shopping centre that stays open pretty late anyway, cos of the cinema... so I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

US Amazon did indeed have a launch edition and still does have the option even though it's no longer available. I ordered on E3 day and the launch/standard buttons werent there they added them the day after. I got an email saying that there were 2 editions and that mine made it to the launch list. Not cancelling either just in case. If I get either one I'll take it but if I get both I'll return 1.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

That's why I was really annoyed with gamestop's online, I pre-ordered in February, completely relaxed as everyone started pre-ordering after e3.

Then got an email the following Monday saying here is a discount code to redeem on your ps3 pre-order. Emailed them asked them is this a new batch of pre-orders? As in is just everyone who pre-ordered, just got this code, and have to redeem it against this new pre-order listing, that had been taking pre-orders for a week now? So yeah basically, I had to make a new order, with the discount code for the twenty euro off I had paid back in February, behind everyone who had been pre-ordering since e3. Plus it was a full day before they responded to the email asking, and the code wasn't working and the code didn't work for another twelve hours after the email. In fairness to them I've found their customer service online great and they're always very helpful, so I just wrote an email saying it was frustrating and a poor system, that it's basically a free-for-all. He kept guaranteeing me that I'd get a launch day console if I pre-ordered now, but I'm very doubtful. He agreed it was a bad system and they'd look in to addressing it for future pre-orders. Won't do me much good come November, but it wasn't really his fault, just a crazy system. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Id imagine it will depend where you live as well, there will surely be stores in the country that you will be able to just walk in on the day and pick one up with no preorder.

For instance people are saying The Last Of Us is sold out all over Dublin, I walked into Xtra Vision today in Wexford and there was unlimited copies there, there was tons when I got my copy in Gamestop on release day as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement