Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20th Birthday Venue in Dublin

Options
  • 12-06-2013 6:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm planning to celebrate my 20th birthday in Dublin - for a fair price :confused: what would be a good spot and how much would it cost ! I already tried asking people seems like this is so hard question.. Or either there is nothing in Dublin .. Kind a feel dissapointed :( Please help . Ill apreciate your ideas .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A bit more information would be useful...

Where in Dublin? City Centre, Northside, Southside, a suburb?

For how many people?

What kind of venue are you looking for? Pub, club, hotel, restaurant?

Finger food, sit down meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

when booking make sure they are explicitly aware if you have friends who are 18 and want to attend. I've been to a party where the doormen wouldnt let (sober)18 year old guests in. The same people were at a party there the week before. Worth mentioning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

What about throwing a barbecue? Considering, you have decent neighbors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

What do you consider to be a "fair" price per head? If you haven't been able to find anything in a city the size of Dublin, than perhaps your budget is too low, or your expectations too high.

Btw, you'd probably get a better response rate if you changed the title of your thread to specifically what you are asking about. The current one is a tad vague imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

around 200 euro 20 people invited tables something like a place where is tables nice chill spot.. Ahh I just know that there is nothing pretty good in Dublin .. If I asked this question in other country wont mention which I would have got 30 replies already !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Why don't you have it at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try D2 or Diceys, think they do food platters for free for large groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

n0ak wrote: »
    around 200 euro 20 people invited tables something like a place where is tables nice chill spot.. Ahh I just know that there is nothing pretty good in Dublin .. If I asked this question in other country wont mention which I would have got 30 replies already !!!

'a place where is tables' shouldn't be very hard to find - if you want to have it in a pub, there would be loads to choose from. If you are looking for something else, and want help with your search, why not mention what you are looking for?

Advertisement