Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4 Lost Beaumont Road

Options
  • 12-06-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi Guys, Sister got a text message while driving her home from chemo in the Mater. Stopped at traffic lights just before Beaumont Hospital and she noticed a woman's paper shopping bag had broke. She grabbed a bag from the back seat, helped the woman to put her shopping in and got back in car. On arriving home, no sign of phone and when I ring it, it's off. Best guess is it dropped on ground when she got out of car.

Anyone picked it up, please reply as all her medical contacts are thru the phone and she has no backup of numbers etc.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

fulhamfan wrote: »

Thanks in advance:)

unfort I wouldn't if I were you in AH

best look finding phone though

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Ouch bro......if its off it's gone. Unless the battery was low. GO back up see if you can find it.

Also if you have the imei number can't you get the phone disabled,(not sure about iphones) i know it does't help with the numbers but least no one can use it.

Best of luck dude i hope you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

As Judge Judy would say "no good deed goes unpunished"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

The old torn paper bag iphone scam eh.

Oldest one in the book.

Seriously though,hope your sister gets her phone back and makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bit late for the OP, but lookout is a handy free app in the 'find my iphone' vein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to Dublin City, please note their charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did you try asking in one of the shops around? Maybe someone decent handed the phone in.

Good luck finding it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

It seems the she dropped the phone as she exited the car to help the woman with the burst bag. A guy turned up outside her house and met the neighbour to whom he gave one very damaged Iphone as it seems a car had driven over it. The neighbour dropped the phone in and while it was wrecked and the PC could not see it when connected, she got the sim with all her contacts so all is well.

Unfortunately the neighbour did not get contact details for the guy who returned it so if by any chance he is reading this, thanks a million. I know u would have had to go to the bank with the receipt slip in the phone case to get the address and I am so sorry not to be able to thank you personally. Just having the sim is huge and your kindness is massively appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for their helpful comments / advice:)

Advertisement