Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laudrup out at Swansea ?

• 12-06-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭

Breaking reports from the Mail & the Telegraph stating that Swansea have severed all links with Laudrup's agent and accuse him of plotting the managers escape. ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Writing has been on the wall for some time I think.

Wonder where he goes from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Step forward Tony Pulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Clever thread title

Didnt he only get a 2 year contract at the start? Did he get an extension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Step forward Tony Pulis.

dear God, yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There will be no shortage of applicants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Poyet is odds on if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Leiva wrote: »
    Poyet is odds on if you ask me.

You'd have thought that after Rodgers too though. I think Swansea would have broader horizons than the average Premiership club. Might still happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Zeman and Bielsa are available, neither will get the job though. Poyet is not guaranteed to be a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Disappointing if he goes. Hard not to like Swansea, hope they get someone in committed to the club for more than a few seasons. Also hope that the likes of Michu don't desert them either.

No one is guaranteed success at the level of salary Swansea could offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Step forward Tony Pulis.

Hmm I'm not sure Swansalona style will suit the hard tackling approach of Pulis ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Step forward Tony Pulis.

Doubt he'd want to be Laudrup's agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

where would be be off to, hardly one of the bigger jobs like madrid/PSG?

Malaga would be one good guess i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Zeman and Bielsa are available, neither will get the job though. Poyet is not guaranteed to be a success.

Zeman in England would be great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Andip wrote: »
    Breaking reports from the Mail & the Telegraph stating that Swansea have severed all links with Laudrup's agent and accuse him of plotting the managers escape. ....

Where have you read this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Where have you read this?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, oh I don't know, maybe the Mail and the Telegraph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If he does go I'd fancy Frank Rijkaard to be the man Swansea would go after. His reputation has taken a nosedive in recent times but his sides play an entertaining brand of football which is what they are looking to do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

COYVB wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say, oh I don't know, maybe the Mail and the Telegraph?

No, really?

I can't see in the Mail's article where the Swansea board accuse him of 'plotting' Laudrup's escape, it's only in the headline, which we all know means nothing.

Either way it's obvious there's tension there, unsurprising that there's an agent at the heart of it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

klose wrote: »
    Clever thread title

Signed a new deal in March I think, including an extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

klose wrote: »
    Clever thread title

I don't get it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Dunno who would replace him but I could see Laudrup go to Spurs if AVB goes to PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If I believe correctly, Laudrup stated in public that Ashley Williams could be sold to provide transfer funds only for Huw Jenkins to block the sale. Given that Williams is a key player to Swansea, it's hard to imagine that both Williams and Laudrup can work together next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If I believe correctly, Laudrup stated in public that Ashley Williams could be sold to provide transfer funds only for Huw Jenkins to block the sale. Given that Williams is a key player to Swansea, it's hard to imagine that both Williams and Laudrup can work together next season.

God I hope Liverpool have no involvement in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Laudrup must realise Williams is overrated and wants to get a decent fee while he can.I couldn't believe when I saw Arsenal and Liverpool were interested in singing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Has Laudrup not stated in the past that he doesn't see himself as a career manager, more dip his toes in and out, few seasons here, take a break then a few seasons there.
    If so, he might not be in a mad rush to take another job, although his stock is pretty high at the minute.

Assuming he will leave Swansea that is.

He was also interested in Aspas that's signing for Liverpool but the club wouldn't go for him (according to the papers), tensions rising???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I can't help but feel Laudrup comes out of this badly.
    He's ambitious but he was never going to fulfil his ambitions at Swansea.

They're a small club financially and otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr. Alan is believed to be desperately attempting to broker a deal for Rodger's to return to Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Step forward Tony Pulis.

swansea fans would love his thuggish bogball tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Mr. Alan is believed to be desperately attempting to broker a deal for Rodger's to return to Swansea.

Laudrup to Liverpool, League Cup is where it's at.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I don't get it :o

Read it fast and it sounds like "Lau-Dropout at Swansea"

Advertisement