Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to upgrad bundle but not allowed????

Options
  • 12-06-2013 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

I'm on an old phone / broadband package and have been trying to upgrade to a different package as it works out cheaper. Currently on an 8meg with unlimited calls but want to upgrade to 24meg with unlimited calls.Have rang twice and have been told that the line can only support 5 megs.However, when I do speed tests during the day , I get close to 8 megs and if I am downloading at night through steam I can get up to 11.
    I know the reps are trying to be helpful and they have been but if I can get faster speeds than the 5 I'm being told I can get ,then why can't they see that as well, and why can't I upgrade to the 24 meg connection. I'm aware that I proably won't get the full 24 but even if I got half of it it would be an improvement over what I'm getting at the moment.My main problem is with congestion in the evening as it cuts the speed down to about 2mbs , so my thinking was that if it was 24, maybe it would cut down to 10 or 12.I'm probably wrong but I'm kind of frustrated at the moment as the main time I would be online is fairly crap because of the slow speed and possibly congestion.
    Any help or clarificaion on the matter would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Meatwad wrote: »
    I'm on an old phone / broadband package and have been trying to upgrade to a different package as it works out cheaper. Currently on an 8meg with unlimited calls but want to upgrade to 24meg with unlimited calls.Have rang twice and have been told that the line can only support 5 megs.However, when I do speed tests during the day , I get close to 8 megs and if I am downloading at night through steam I can get up to 11.
    I know the reps are trying to be helpful and they have been but if I can get faster speeds than the 5 I'm being told I can get ,then why can't they see that as well, and why can't I upgrade to the 24 meg connection. I'm aware that I proably won't get the full 24 but even if I got half of it it would be an improvement over what I'm getting at the moment.My main problem is with congestion in the evening as it cuts the speed down to about 2mbs , so my thinking was that if it was 24, maybe it would cut down to 10 or 12.I'm probably wrong but I'm kind of frustrated at the moment as the main time I would be online is fairly crap because of the slow speed and possibly congestion.
    Any help or clarificaion on the matter would be great.
    If your local exchange is enabled for next generation broadband then you should probably be able to upgrade but it may be that your exchange is not enabled and your speed is just good because you are close to the exchange.

There are still quite a few exchanges that will never be upgraded to the Next Generation Broadband because the number of users would not make it worthwhile for them.

Advertisement