Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading Standards-Making your own soap

Options
  • 12-06-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi,

I have started making my own soap and bath bombs and I'm hoping to start selling them at craft markets soon but I'm not sure on what certificates I need. I have tried to find the info out but it's all left me very confused. There seems to be online safety assessments you can do so that you're covered by trading standards. I want to do this by the book and would be delighted if someone could tell me how to legally sell them and who to contact. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

pinky 06 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have started making my own soap and bath bombs and I'm hoping to start selling them at craft markets soon but I'm not sure on what certificates I need. I have tried to find the info out but it's all left me very confused. There seems to be online safety assessments you can do so that you're covered by trading standards. I want to do this by the book and would be delighted if someone could tell me how to legally sell them and who to contact. Thanks :)

http://www.croballyirishsoaps.com/Online%20Safety%20Course.docx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lora31

Hi Pinky

I have come across your thread re making soaps.

I am in a similar position as you were then but for other skin care products. Do you have any advice on how you got started? I have the product, but don't know where to begin in terms of approval in Ireland/UK, etc.

Thanks

Advertisement