Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Ardee

Options
  • 12-06-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and the other half are thinking of moving to Ardee - areas around Smarmore/ Belpatrick areas.

Looking on any feedback for the wind turbines that are in the area - have googled, but come up empty. Anyone heard of any issues with them? Other than that, any opinions on the areas mentioned above?

Many thanks,

SH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Hi All,

Myself and the other half are thinking of moving to Ardee - areas around Smarmore/ Belpatrick areas.

Looking on any feedback for the wind turbines that are in the area - have googled, but come up empty. Anyone heard of any issues with them? Other than that, any opinions on the areas mentioned above?

Many thanks,

SH

I have viewed a few houses in this area over the past few months myself but we wanted something closer to Ardee. Distance to schools / shops etc been our major reason for not pursuing any properties in the regions you speak of.

But its a lovely, quiet part of Louth - especially in the summer. In the winter, snow and ice can be an issue. Belpatrick is quite close to Ardee whereas Smarmore is a bit further out. The school in Ballapousta is second to none and there are two creches in the area too.

I cant comment on the wind turbines tbh - I only knew they were there only a few weeks ago when I took a spin out that way ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Hi All,

Many thanks,

SH

I moved from celbridge just before Christmas to Ardee town itself. I have to say that I am from the area. Not familiar with Belpatrick but smarmore would have a good name for itself. if you are working in Dublin your definatley better of living on the Dublin side as Ardee can be a bit of a bottle neck with traffic. I wouldn't be worried about been far from the shops as Ardee is only 5 minutes away and Collon wouldn't be too far on the other side. I think the turbines are a bit away - I think you can drive up to them off the ardee colon road. Be wary of the house prices on daft from some of the local auctioneers. There is one in particular that is from ardee and his advertised prices are always way above the actual sale price. I would pay more attention to the property price register.

Advertisement