Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT: DS-160: how do I get around the photo prompt?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I'm bringing in a properly sized photo with me tomorrow morning, yet the DS-160 form won't let me move on without submitting a photo! What... do I do. I have a non-digital photo, I need to get past this page.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You need to be able to scan the photo or even use a phone to take a photo of it.
    Then it'll need to be edited until it fits correctly into the template. There's a tool online to tell you if the photo will be accepted or not here.

edit : If you're in a city you may be able to find a place to scan it but taking a photo and editing with paint will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Thanks man, I edited it, no dice, just going to bring in a hard copy of it since it's the right size (done by the chemist) anyway.

Fbjm wrote: »
    Thanks man, I edited it, no dice, just going to bring in a hard copy of it since it's the right size (done by the chemist) anyway.

Well you have to keep on playing with it until it fits. I didn't think that you could show up for the interview until the DS-160 has been electronically submitted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I electronically submitted it, printed off the cert or whatever at the end and brought that in with me. My visa was approved :) Thanks for your help, me mam was thrilled and I'm a bit excited myself it has to be said.

Excellent :)

I'be always thought it weird that they make you go through all these hoops with the electronic photo and still ask you to bring in a physical copy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement