Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Festival in Marlay Park 3rd/4th August?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Daft Punk would be big enough to make it work for MCD though..
    if only..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was just complaining earlier that there are no real rock events in Ireland. The likes of Longitude/EP etc are more indie type events and I would have no interest in it. I also couldnt go to Download this year which left me really pining for my RAAAWK fix.

The rock/metal genre is too big in Ireland to be completely ignored year after year. I am not getting my hopes up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Have system of a down ever done a gig here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They played Ozfest in 2002.

I'm still thinking the talk of this gig being something other than Oxegen is misdirection. A one off gig might show up out of nowhere. An entire festival on a busy bank holiday weekend with six weeks of warning... it really is unprecedented. Maybe they are canceling Oxegen... calling this something else and throwing the majority of the same lineup into it with some other stuff on top? I guess they'll have to announce soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Toast wrote: »
    They played Ozfest in 2002.

I'm still thinking the talk of this gig being something other than Oxegen is misdirection. A one off gig might show up out of nowhere. An entire festival on a busy bank holiday weekend with six weeks of warning... it really is unprecedented. Maybe they are canceling Oxegen... calling this something else and throwing the majority of the same lineup into it with some other stuff on top? I guess they'll have to announce soon anyway.

Is that the one that Ozzy pulled out of the morning of the gig and Tool headlined?

I was at Donington 2 days earlier and SOAD had to cut their set short due to high winds and a piece of rigging landing on a roadies head.

IIRC Ozzy's camp blamed the pullout on Zakk being ill, but the real reason was Ozzy was fcuked up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

That Ozzfest gig was awesome.

I was 16 at the time, and System and Tool stole the show :)

Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tool were boring as f**k that day, just like the first time I saw them.

Therapy were did a good job though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

so no updates as of yet on what this could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is that the one that Ozzy pulled out of the morning of the gig and Tool headlined?

I was at Donington 2 days earlier and SOAD had to cut their set short due to high winds and a piece of rigging landing on a roadies head.

IIRC Ozzy's camp blamed the pullout on Zakk being ill, but the real reason was Ozzy was fcuked up

That was the one. I remember at the time the promoters told us Ozzy had a sore throat so I don't think it was ever blamed on anyone else but maybe subsequently. So odd to think we found that out via someone telling us and not twitter.

I'd agree with whoever said Tool was boring. I was a huge Tool fan (yeh yeh) and it was a really strange set to close the night with. I'd promised a lot to people who'd never seen them before and they really failed to win anyone over. I think their set was so technical and rehearsed that they couldn't change it on the fly to accommodate the fact they were now closing the night.

Therapy and SOAD were great at the time. Oh youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Haha 17 right now and im dying to see system of a down :P

• Advertisement

Oxegen releasing day breakdown at 7.. moving seems v.unlikely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Wish they'd hurry up and announce

Any ideas when?

They're cutting it a bit tight, 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

It has to be a Oxegen plan b.
    Why would they rent out Marley Park if they have Punchestown rented at the same time.
    It just does not make sense.......

Gotta be a Muse/Green Day supershow........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Music Scene Ireland on Facebook, are asking which bands people would like to see in Dublin before September. They saying it's for a top secret reason.

Could it be related to this? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Music Scene Ireland on Facebook, are asking which bands people would like to see in Dublin before September. They saying it's for a top secret reason.

Could it be related to this? :P
    I hope so

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say next week if anything is gonna happen since loads of big gigs have been announced over the last week like QOTSA/30STM etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Id say next week if anything is gonna happen since loads of big gigs have been announced over the last week like QOTSA/30STM etc

This is the reason I find it unlikely that anything will happen. They've just announced two major gigs that (based on the guesses here) their target audience will have bought tickets for and so they'll probably be much less likely to have the money or will want to buy tickets for another event so soon.

Whatever ever it is, the longer they wait the less likely it'll be successful. People will be starting to make plans for then and won't have much time to get money together for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cathaoir99

Praying for The Stone Roses // Beady Eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My money is on The Stone Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

If it isn't a plan B for the leaving cert gig then the prices are going to have to be very very low to attract people. There isn't a never ending pit of money for people to be going to gigs. Plus there is so much on that weekend already and alot of people would already have plans in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

The longer this goes on, the more I'm convinced this is a non-story: they put in an application just in case they needed it, now they don't, so they won't use it.

That said, the day tickets for Oxegen were really cheap compared to previous years (€49.50 compared to €99.50 in 2010, for example), so they must be getting worried about the sales there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is it true that MCD/FR lodged a planning permission for Marley Park for August 31st?

Is it true that MCD/FR lodged a planning permission for Marley Park for August 31st?

The document was originally for the 31st, but this was changed to august 3rd & 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Synode wrote: »
    My money is on The Stone Roses

mine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The longer this goes on, the more I'm convinced this is a non-story: they put in an application just in case they needed it, now they don't, so they won't use it.

That said, the day tickets for Oxegen were really cheap compared to previous years (€49.50 compared to €99.50 in 2010, for example), so they must be getting worried about the sales there...

The all weekend camping tickets are also the cheapest they've ever been (that I recall) at €149.50

but yeah, I'm pretty sure this is an oxegen back up and they don't need it anymore. It's way too close to announce another festival now unless it's something insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I reckon stone roses with beady eye will b one of the nights and green day or muse wit biffy clyro supporting for the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Wont b muse anyway. One of their crew put it up on twitter that they def wont be playing

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Wont b muse anyway. One of their crew put it up on twitter that they def wont be playing

Link?

Advertisement