Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Festival in Marlay Park 3rd/4th August?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is 2fm's big announcement def a gig though? I know it says "you could win concert tickets" but maybe it could be gig tickets to something else

I just kinda quessed with how Lockdown were calling ti big that they'd be tied together in some way..

It could be something like a new presenter, but with gig tickets on offer i'd say are probably linked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

So 3 weeks to go?

Not quite sure what to make of this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'll be pretty surprised if MCD hand over the announcements of anything remotely important to a small pop-punk club night in Dublin, tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Announcement was Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish/Zebrahead show

• Registered Users Posts: 13 psorrento

As far as I understand from sources within DLR Co co, there is no concert in Marlay Park on the August bank holiday weekend. For Oxegen a problem had arisen with the original venue planning permission but that was resolved. The permission to Marlay Park was a back up option but was not needed as they resolved the original issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Great. So the big announcement is actually nothing. Damn you Jim Carroll for mentioning The Stone Roses; you knew exactly what you were doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can't see this being anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

So what about this 'big announcement' then? We don't hear anything by midday this is a non runner.

Either way, thanks be to fook Oxygen won't be coming to the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    So what about this 'big announcement' then? We don't hear anything by midday this is a non runner.

Either way, thanks be to fook Oxygen won't be coming to the area.

No word on 2FM's announcement, the other one was Less Than Jake though. I think it's too late to announce anything for beginning of August now though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

No word on 2FM's announcement, the other one was Less Than Jake though. I think it's too late to announce anything for beginning of August now though imo.

It did say before lunch so still a bit to go...I'm not holding out for much tbh but there's always hope that it could be Metallica and Slipknot again..now that would be beast*

*obviously I'm dreaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It did say before lunch so still a bit to go...I'm not holding out for much tbh but there's always hope that it could be Metallica and Slipknot again..now that would be beast*

*obviously I'm dreaming

We haven't had Metallica in a few years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,424 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

another Bruce Springsteen gig on the 3rd Aug in Marley Park

PTH2009 wrote: »
    another Bruce Springsteen gig on the 3rd Aug in Marley Park

He's an Aiken artist, this is an MCD gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Great. So the big announcement is actually nothing. Damn you Jim Carroll for mentioning The Stone Roses; you knew exactly what you were doing!

The Stone Roses was a rumour started by Una Mullally on The Last Word on Today fm. Given her close ties to MCD personnel, that seems to have been a deliberate red herring to confuse matters around Marlay Park.

The Stone Roses was a rumour started by Una Mullally on The Last Word on Today fm. Given her close ties to MCD personnel, that seems to have been a deliberate red herring to confuse matters around Marlay Park.

Jim Carroll and Una Mullally are both fundamentally evil people. I really hate everything about Mullally. The fact that she has mentioned one of my favourite bands in relation to a potential gig in Dublin only makes me hate her further.

I'd say she is pretty upset about the whole thing. I actually think Carroll can sometimes be alright, even if he's wrong about Longitude.

Was the 2FM big announcement something to do with someone from Westlife? Is that what all the fuss was about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Was the 2FM big announcement something to do with someone from Westlife? Is that what all the fuss was about?

*Everyone who guessed @ShaneFilan as the #2fmbignews is in the draw for @JLSOfficial tickets

More #2fmbignews @JessieJ will be playing LIVE @RTE2fm @rickoshea on Tuesday!!!

haha what bull****

actually think Carroll can sometimes be alright, even if he's wrong about Longitude.

Everything he writes seems to be a total guess with very little solid information, he'd do well at The Sun.

Seems that way, bit dull alright..!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is 2fm's big announcement def a gig though? I know it says "you could win concert tickets" but maybe it could be gig tickets to something else

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are there gigs on in late August, as is the Marlay Park tradition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hope so, could really do with another month of Muse/Biffy/Metallica/Big 4/Green Day/Fall Out Boy speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cathaoir99

hope so, could really do with another month of Muse/Biffy/Metallica/Big 4/Green Day/Fall Out Boy speculation.

Fall Out Boy? Metallica? Green Day?

No thanks. Stone Roses please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

cathaoir99 wrote: »
    Fall Out Boy? Metallica? Green Day?

No thanks. Stone Roses please.

You could do with another month of Stone Roses speculation?

Mushy wrote: »
    You could do with another month of Stone Roses speculation?

More like factulation

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

That would be like a dream gig, and five mins from my house. I doubt it's gonna happen at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Stuart Clark off hotpress confirmed that Stone Roses will play Ireland before Christmas he said it tonight on the Last Word says on twitter its from a reliable UK source not sure where/when tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

sanna wrote: »
    Stuart Clark off hotpress confirmed that Stone Roses will play Ireland before Christmas he said it tonight on the Last Word says on twitter its from a reliable UK source not sure where/when tho
    prob the O2 then near xmas

Advertisement