Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will irish isp's actually block the pirare bay?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I just heard on the news that the irish isp's are now being told to block thepiratebay. I hope they wont listen to them. i know that there is ad-ons on mozilla that let you bypass this block but its still just a pain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Sony and other companies are the ones that forced the ISP's to do it, so yes they will be obviouslly do it. Listen man, listen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stephenodea01

yes but in the future they have been told to but havent listened

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

They've been given a court order, they HAVE to do it now, or else risk some form of prosecution

ok just will have to use a proxy then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not a Wiki/Blog issue. Moved to main Computing forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Just to remind folk that the general charter rules regarding prohibiting the discussion of web block bypassing are still to be adhered to :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yes but in the future they have been told to but havent listened
    c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I am forced to use an Eircom connection some of the time and I often forget they have it banned because I use The Pirate Bay Forwarder :: Add-ons for Firefox - Mozilla Add-ons. When you put thepiratebay.se etc into Firefox it automatically redirects you to a working mirror instantly so the whole thing in seamless. I am sure some of these mirrors have ads and popups but I do not see them as I use Ad Block Plus with Easylist, Fanboylist, and 'allow some unintrusive advertising' disabled, along with Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon, and Flashblock.

all i use is a simple add block and proxy but do u have a addblock which you can turn off easily for certain youtubers if you want to support them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

install iron browser ,with no adblock,
    USE it for youtube, ,or other ad sites ,you wish to support,It has good privacy features built in ,too.
    Looks just like chrome browser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement