Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Result Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

zubikhan wrote: »
    Bye, good luck

Dude your waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard on yourself! **** me :O
    Your (predicted) results are better than most people's and most people would be delighted if they were getting them results! Don't be putting yourself down like that anyway good luck lad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

Ok, as a person who got upset last year with results, I would beg you not to set your hearts on high expectations. There are many factors outside your control.

E.g. CSPE. It's a real kick in the teeth as a young person who loves politics and social issues to be knocked down because someone coloured their poster better than you. (Also, poster questions, don't do 'em. Your ability in the long written questions is much better than most others.) For example the gender breakdowns for CSPE 2012. I can't say for sure that it's the poster question, but if you're a boy, you're definitely less likely to get an A in CSPE.

Or English. Someone might dislike your writing style, characters, or opinions on a text. Again out of your control.

Religion: someone might take offense at something ridiculous. Like, I don't know, putting "God" in inverted commas or something stupid. (I didn't. :P)

And lastly, sodding bell-curving might catch you. Surfing the bell-curve wave is all dandy until you get washed out! :P

Don't take it to heart, no-one has the right to make an assessment of your worth. Absolutely f*cking no one.

Source: I thought I did great, got disappointed and depressed.

Ah don't depress me, I'm worrying enough! xD I used lowercase god a few times, maybe they'll just think my English is bad :P Although yeah, I applied fundamentalists pretty widely. I'm sorry, it's very hard not to be sneery about religion.

I did the poster, the colouring was s**t because I forgot my colours and just used 3 highlighters, whoops, but it definitely got the message across and I think that was the point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wiefi

Look at things realistically now...

English(HL) A/B
    My handwriting was pretty much a scrawl in some places. I didn't finish the unstudied fiction section and my studied fiction as really lacking;;
    Maths(OL) A
    It was like doing worksheets tbh :>
    Irish (HL) C
    My oral will definitely bring me up. I was aiming for a B at first but eh, it just wasn't my exam I guess
    Geography (HL) A
    History (HL) A
    Religion (HL) A
    Science (HL) A/B
    I was expecting the layout of this exam to be a lot like previous years, I was destroyed to find out that it wasn't to be :c Hopefully my coursework will bring me up just enough. Thanks for nothing SEC 0/10
    Art (HL) A
    Home Economic (HL) A
    CSPE (Common) A

I haven't done my Spanish exam yet but I say that I did really well in my orals. I'm also dedicating the next few days towards this subject so I'm confident enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trait

I think that I got

English(HL) -C

Irish(OL) -B

Maths(HL) -C

Geography(HL) -C

CSPE(Common) -A

Business(HL) -B/C

French(HL) -D

History(HL) -C

Science(HL) -D

Religion(OL) -A/B

Technology(HL) -Due on 19th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

I don't like predicting but *touch wood* I'm hoping for something like this:

English: A
    Irish: A/ B
    Geography: A
    Maths: B
    CSPE: A
    Business: A
    French: A
    History: A
    Science: B
    Religion: A
    Art: A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Junior cert1997

I think I got
    English B
    Irish A
    Maths A
    CSPE A
    French A/B
    History A
    Science A
    TG B
    Woodwork A
    Metalwork A

All are higher level

I think I got
    English B
    Irish A
    Maths A
    CSPE A
    French A/B
    History A
    Science A
    TG B
    Woodwork A
    Metalwork A

All are higher level

Lucky, wish I could do three optionals (tg, ww and mw!)

Isn't French/German counted as an optional?
    I think..

Trait wrote: »
    Isn't French/German counted as an optional?
    I think..

Well yeah, but apart from that .. eg art, music, tg etc. I suppose though business and religion are mandatory in my school.

Well yeah, but apart from that .. eg art, music, tg etc. I suppose though business and religion are mandatory in my school.

Ahh, business is optional in mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

You really seem t be like one of them engineering students.:cool:

onlinenerd wrote: »
    You really seem t be like one of them engineering students.:cool:

haha, not sure about that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I do all higher level apart from CSPE.
    English - B
    Irish - C
    Maths - B
    History - A
    Geography - B
    Science - B
    French - B
    Technical Graphics - A
    CSPE - A

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

All subjects are at higher level, except for the only Common level CSPE. The grade listed first is what I believe I most likely got, but it could vary.

English: A/B (I thought that it went well but you never know with English. It's very subjective in ways.)
    Irish: C/B (Easy enough paper. I could have gotten a B but I made a few silly errors that may cost me.)
    Geography: B/A (The folder and two long questions were easy, but my last long question might let me down.)
    Maths: A (I hope so anyway. I doubt I lost enough marks to drop to a B, despite a couple of blunders. Attempt marks FTW.)
    CSPE: A (I genuinely put some effort into it.)
    Business Studies: A (Accounting FTW. The theory was okay but maybe slightly "waffley".)
    History: A (Some of the questions were a bit funky, but anything less than 90% and it will be my worst History result ever.)
    Science: A (I'd be disappointed with a B. I'd say that I have most of the coursework marks and Biology was beautiful. Chemistry and Physics weren't too bad, but silly mistakes again.)
    Religion: A (I should get the A. I filled up the booklet and read over my answers. My teacher said that my project was worth full marks too.)
    Technical Graphics: A/B (Drafting, accuracy and presentation.:mad: I got most of the actual drawing done quite well but most of them were messy looking.)
    Spanish: B/C/A (I have no idea. Probably a mid-range B. The paper was easier than expected, so I don't know.)

How are some of you capable of all A's? I'd consider myself to be pretty clever, but I have weaknesses and I make mistakes. All will be revealed come September anyway. 9 A's and 2 B's was my aiming high goal. I could get it, but it's an outside chance definitely.

Also, for fun; only four people in this thread predicted that they won't get an A in CSPE. Everybody has predicted at least a B. All of you seem like rather hardworking and deserving people, but CSPE, and Geography too as a side note, often catch people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

HL everything :)
    English - B
    Irish - B
    CSPE - B
    Spanish- B
    Science - B
    Home ec- B
    Business- C
    Geography - C/D
    History - C/D
    Maths - D

Hoping to get 2 B's in Irish and English, just hope I don't get a C in those 2 subjects :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

Now that I have finished all my exams I can make my final predictions!

HL everything except CSPE. I think between a lot of subject I'm on the verge between an A or a B so it depends how the bell curve hits me but I'll try to be as realistic as I can..

English - A
    This is one of the subjects I'm on the verge on. Nothing went drastically wrong so I think it could be realistic.

Irish - A
    Definitely on verge for this worked really hard and had grinds and all so I refusing to accept I'll get a B.

Geo - A

Maths - A
    Even though paper 1 didn't go amazingly I'm relying on attempt marks.

CSPE - A

French - B
    Most likely a B even though I think I'm on the verge. I've always been B student but paper went really well for me.

History - A
    Another one where I'm on the verge. Plantations screwed me over and Irish history in Q6 but my history teacher would be raging if I got a B.

Science - A
    One of my best subjects but made stupid stupid mistakes and questions caught me off guard once again "on the verge".

Music - A
    Dictation = 0 marks but other than that it went well except for some of the listening.

Latin - B
    I really want to say A because it went really well, but translations will always bring me down.

Overall thats 8As and 2Bs which sounds very unrealistic but I'm looking forward to getting my results to compare them with my predictions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

Based on how the exams went, these are my predictions:

Business (H) - D
    Went okay. None of the accounting questions in P2 balanced and Paper 1 was kind to me. I'll need to have improved 10% from the mock for the C, which I'm not confident in happening.

English (H) - C
    Both Papers were pretty good. Hoping for a C in English overall. Very surprised if I get a B as I'd need to do 12% better than in my mock.

Religion (H) - C
    Paper was okay in places. Hoping for around what I got in the mocks.

History (H) - C
    I so want to see a C here. Very disappointed with mocks. It's a big ask though with a 15% rise needed

Geography (H) - C
    I'll scrape a C here, just like my mock

Music (O) - C
    I liked the paper. Practical was a right disaster.

Maths (O) - A
    I got a B in the mock so why not hope. Found both papers real easy

Science (O) - B
    I found every question easy in this paper, and with the coursework included, no reason to believe I won't get a B.

Irish (O) - B
    I was so close to a B in the mock, so why not be an optimist here

CSPE (C) - B
    I think the bell curve will catch me here. Still expect a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Every subject: A.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Just remember, everyone can't get an A in CSPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Every subject: A.

Wow, that's ambitious!!! Not even a B?

• Advertisement

Well, he's called positivealf for a reason.:p

Some people's predictions seem so unrealistic to me. I could never imagine getting all A's and B's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Just realised I never did this! Generally speaking I'm the type of person who gets higher than they predict.. I'm pessimistic about my results or something! :p I'll try to be as positive as possible though!

English: A/B - I was really happy with English but I'm worried my personal writing my bring me down, if it does ill probably get a B :)

Irish: Again an A/B - Aural always brings me down, was very happy with paper 2 and the rest of paper 1 though so it's a chance for an A.

Maths: I honestly have no idea.. I did terrible in Paper One tbh, but I got on great in Paper 2 so I honestly couldn't predict a grade at all!

Geography: I'd like to say A, but one of my long questions wasn't great so again I don't know! :p

CSPE: an A hopefully. I put a lot of effort into my project so I'm hoping that helps me get the A :)

Business: I was actually so happy with the business exam. I reckon I may get an A.

French: Listening and Reading went great.. Writing not so much.. A C is realistic but a B if the examiner is generous! :L

Religion: I don't know tbh? :L like its hard to tell.. A B maybe? My project was good so I'm hopeful for a good grade :)

Science: loved the exam! I reckon I could get an A :D my project was good too so :D

Technical Graphics: I was happy with the exam so a B is possible :)

Woodwork: a D.. If I'm lucky :p

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Just realised I never did this! Generally speaking I'm the type of person who gets higher than they predict.. I'm pessimistic about my results or something! :p I'll try to be as positive as possible though!

English: A/B - I was really happy with English but I'm worried my personal writing my bring me down, if it does ill probably get a B :)

Irish: Again an A/B - Aural always brings me down, was very happy with paper 2 and the rest of paper 1 though so it's a chance for an A.

Maths: I honestly have no idea.. I did terrible in Paper One tbh, but I got on great in Paper 2 so I honestly couldn't predict a grade at all!

Geography: I'd like to say A, but one of my long questions wasn't great so again I don't know! :p

CSPE: an A hopefully. I put a lot of effort into my project so I'm hoping that helps me get the A :)

Business: I was actually so happy with the business exam. I reckon I may get an A.

French: Listening and Reading went great.. Writing not so much.. A C is realistic but a B if the examiner is generous! :L

Religion: I don't know tbh? :L like its hard to tell.. A B maybe? My project was good so I'm hopeful for a good grade :)

Science: loved the exam! I reckon I could get an A :D my project was good too so :D

Technical Graphics: I was happy with the exam so a B is possible :)

Woodwork: a D.. If I'm lucky :p

It's going to be really strange getting our results and comparing them to our predictions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

It's going to be really strange getting our results and comparing them to our predictions! :)
    Tbh, my predictions are a little higher than what I really think because I'm trying to be positive! :P I'm just praying now I don't get lower than I predicted cause it'll look as if I was being cocky :p

I had aims and now predictions. Unfortunately, my predictions are down slightly from my aims. It's the results that matter though, so we'll see. Come September, I'll compare all three.

If I get lower results than I predicted in any of my subjects I'll be hugely disappointed.

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Tbh, my predictions are a little higher than what I really think because I'm trying to be positive! :P I'm just praying now I don't get lower than I predicted cause it'll look as if I was being cocky :p

Ah, I'd say you'll do very well, usually results are surprising! :D We've all worked hard so we should be positive. You won't, don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

I wish we got our results earlier than September, I'm dying to know what I got!

(All higher)
    Irish- B, was aiming for an A but I realise now I made a good few mistakes
    English-B but possibly a C
    Maths- C, paper 1 killed me
    Science- B, hopefully anyway
    History- B, went better than expected
    Geography- A/B, loved that paper
    Spanish- hoping for a B but it could be a C, was so disappointed in the paper
    Art- C, messed up my calligraphy and life-drawing big time
    Music- C, I'm just glad I'll never have to do it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Wow, that's ambitious!!! Not even a B?

Lol For every exam at the end i calculated the answers i knew i got corrected and all the results were above 85%, this wasn't the case for English and Irish but i after looking over the exam and the marking scheme I feel that I have gotten at least 90% for both, especially Irish considering that this year was probably the easiest out of any year. Also for English my studied section was perfect.

Advertisement