Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Result Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Yeah I'm back on the 28th. I got 8 A's in my Mocks. It was pretty standard procedure for me but pretty much every JC exam was harder than the Mock excluding Maths and Spanish so I very well could go down. Irish was an easy paper in comparison to older ones but I'm terrible at that.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I want to get the bloody results out of the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

it's been two months (that were filled with over analysing my results) since i posted my initial predictions on here, and i think it's safe to say that my brain now believes that i failed everything.

i'm too scared to look at the marking schemes because i know it will cause an aneurysm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

tr0llface wrote: »
    it's been two months (that were filled with over analysing my results) since i posted my initial predictions on here, and i think it's safe to say that my brain now believes that i failed everything.

i'm too scared to look at the marking schemes because i know it will cause an aneurysm.
    I don't think the marking schemes are online yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The marking schemes won't be online until mid-September or so, if previous years are a guide.

• Advertisement

Back on the 29th...
    Michael Jackson's birthday and the last time The Beatles ever performed a live stage show in 1966 at Candlestick Park
    God I need to get a life.....
    In other news all the JC results night tickets are sold out and I was stuck in Italy so couldn't buy them wayyyyy :rolleyes: Home tomorrow then off to Galway on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Back on the 29th...
    Michael Jackson's birthday and the last time The Beatles ever performed a live stage show in 1966 at Candlestick Park
    God I need to get a life.....
    In other news all the JC results night tickets are sold out and I was stuck in Italy so couldn't buy them wayyyyy :rolleyes: Home tomorrow then off to Galway on Thursday
    Christ you're always on the move :p Hope you've had a great summer :D

I've had a great summer, met loads of lovely people and went to loads of lovely places. And yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I've had a great summer, met loads of lovely people and went to loads of lovely places. And yourself?
    That's great to hear :) Yup, I've had a great summer tbf :) Paris was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nero707

English (Higher)= C at most. I did alright on most sections, I did what was probably the best essay I've ever done, but I totally messed up Poetry, and did kinda lackluster on Fiction.
    Irish (Higher)= C at most. My teacher didn't prepare me at all, since I was the only higher level Irish in my class.
    Geography(Higher)= A/B
    Maths (Higher)= B
    C.S.P.E.= A
    Business Studies (Higher)= A/B
    French (Higher) = C (I'm not that good at French, but I have to keep it)
    History (Higher) = A/B
    Science (Higher)= B
    Woodwork (Higher) = B/C
    Metalwork (Higher) = A/B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

All A's

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

All A's

I guess you're 'positive' alf for a reason.

I guess you're 'positive' alf for a reason.

Positivity is the way to success you dumbass :D

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Tbh, my predictions are a little higher than what I really think because I'm trying to be positive! :P I'm just praying now I don't get lower than I predicted cause it'll look as if I was being cocky :p

They probably are a lot higher than what you think, perhaps if you added a 'positive' to your username you would attain a slight chance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most people do better than they think they will. The exam is designed to maximise a candidate's success.

I'd be very wary of all those predicted A grades in CSPE however, the statistics just don't back such optimism from everyone.

Obviously we can't all get A's, but I feel that if you put the effort in, did a good project, did a little bit of study for the exam and not leave extremely early, you should get the grade that you deserve. There was 4% going for differenciating between Michael D. Higgins, Barack Obama, Ban Ki-moon and José Manuel Barroso!:pac:

I just found CSPE to be extremely easy. I answered everything I needed to on the exam and I'm pretty sure most of it was right, so the only thing that could pull back my grade is the project, but I did a good one so, heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

Hi, I was wondering what happens if you fail higher level English, as in meaning what happens if you get a E, I am sure that I will get a E, or just and I mean if I am lucky scrape a B, however I know I will not get lower then 36% as I have counted/predicted my English scores, the only reason I did bad in it was because of skipping 1 of the questions in the comprehension as well as skipping the whole media, incl skipping all of studied stuff on p2.
    The reason behind this is, I have a problem of writing and writing, now do not get me wrong I do write good but I write too much, this does not apply the quality over quantity as the quality of the questions I did answer, were quite good of standard apart from the speech, which let me down and the review in P1.
    It is just when I see the first question I just want to perfect it and answer it in such analysation as possible, I just cannot get my hand to stop, lol.
    So can I still do HL English for LC, if it happens I fail ?? :(

P.S. (Same story happened in my mocks, I had only answered the same amount of questions, but I scraped a D (43%) and believe me it is not that my teacher marks easily, my teacher marks it really and I mean really really hard, there is some people in my class who did all the paper and got the same as me, so could I get lucky ??)

It seems like you should be able for English but that's not the issue here. You absolutely have to learn to work to a deadline. This is an essential life skill and you're holding yourself back by not doing it now. For Leaving Cert, all of the papers will have various questions and a time period to answer them in. You have to allocate your time accordingly to give appropriate time to every question. You won't get any more marks by rambling on. The time given is enough to answer all of the required questions well.

Anyway, I'd advise you to start practising this as soon as possible. Say for example, you have 30 minutes to answer three comprehension questions. You should read the piece, and have about 24 minutes left. For the purposes of simplicity, let's just say that they're all worth equal marks. If not, you have to give more time to the question with more marks. Alas, you have eight minutes per question. Make your point or points well, but keep an eye on time. After about six or seven minutes, begin to wrap up and move onto the next question. After the half an hour, move on to the next question no matter what. You can come back at the end if you have time.

In summary, for Leaving Cert, you have to practice getting your timing right and being able to complete the entire paper in the alotted time. You're not doing yourself justice if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lucy579

I thought I got an A in history but then when I looked at the paper, I realised that for Q6 (A) about an ancient civilisation outside of Ireland it says 'named'. The thing is I didn't specify that I was writing about Rome and I'm unsure if I ever mentioned 'romans' or anything! The paper didn't say like it does on the english paper that you must give the name of what you studied but I think you were supposed to! Does anyone know about that stuff like would they penalise me and by how much? I'm terrified because I've calculated that without being penalised I would have just about scrapped the 85%.

• Advertisement

A question asked you to name a leader from that ancient civilisation. I presume you said Julius Caesar. That should probably be unambiguous enough.

Does anyone know when the results come out?

A97 wrote: »
    A question asked you to name a leader from that ancient civilisation. I presume you said Julius Caesar. That should probably be unambiguous enough.

I said Emperor Constantine :cool:

Nero707 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the results come out?

September the 11th!

My JC results are coming out on September the 14th according to my principal.....

My JC results are coming out on September the 14th according to my principal.....

That's a Saturday, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If I don't get an A in Science, History and English, i'll kill someone *rolleyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

If I don't get an A in Science, History and English, i'll kill someone *rolleyes*

Take out English and add Business and that's me hahaha

A lot of teachers will be disappointed if I don't deliver an A or A's from their subject(s). Some of which, I care about more than others.:p

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    That's a Saturday, isn't it?

Yeh, students will come in wearing what they want to get their results then go home

Advertisement