Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a tent

Options
  • 12-06-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just wondering is there anywhere online or around to buy good cheap tents? I see that lidl have one coming up for sale on the 17 july for 99euro. Not sure how good it will be though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There is great value on Ebay, BUT check all the tents on the UK campsite forum for reviews. [What I do is google the name of the tent (copy & paste) and usually within the first few hits the UK campsite forum comes up. Some of the tents are truly atrocious.

Otherwise Donedeals, adverts, buy & sells.ie, are all pretty good. Again do the above with the tents, to check the quality of them.

What I have noticed with tents is you get what you pay for. That doesn't mean that you won't get a really good tent for good value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    There is great value on Ebay, BUT check all the tents on the UK campsite forum for reviews. [What I do is google the name of the tent (copy & paste) and usually within the first few hits the UK campsite forum comes up. Some of the tents are truly atrocious.

Otherwise Donedeals, adverts, buy & sells.ie, are all pretty good. Again do the above with the tents, to check the quality of them.

What I have noticed with tents is you get what you pay for. That doesn't mean that you won't get a really good tent for good value though.

Ill have a look. Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

stenan wrote: »
    Ill have a look. Thanks for the advice

And don't get the one from Lidl. I was talking to someone last weekend while camping and the zip went the first night. That is something that happens with cheap tents (it happened ours). I didn't really mind though as we bought a cheap tent to see if we would like camping - trying to find a better one at the moment.

The reviews on Argos & Halfords are always a good indicator on tents.

Look at this for a second hand tent, it is sold now, but this thing could probably withstand a tornado (ok maybe not, but everything up to it ;))

Advertisement