Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upset stomach

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    I can just imagine the size of the crate needed to keep a full grown Mal though!:P

I am not against the idea ive had dogs all my life and they have always slept inside without problems, its just the size that they grow to being the problem with her.

Ah there not that much bigger than a husky... And you'd fit 2 huskies in Hugos crate! Just don't tell him that... (Husky number 2 is in the pipeline).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

I honestly would love to have her sleeping in the house, its the way ive always had it. Hopefully it'll change soon and i can have her inside overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    I honestly would love to have her sleeping in the house, its the way ive always had it. Hopefully it'll change soon and i can have her inside overnight

We've been to Castlegregory in Kerry 3 times and camping twice. We brought his metal crate to Kerry and the fabric/folded ond camping. I was all for letting Hugo sleep outside at the start and kind of fell into crating by complete accident.

Looking back, having had to confine him for a week (neuter stitches and not the usual scar), and having him travel and stay in the boot of the car (estate/touring with pop up mesh divider), I often wonder of he'd be as relaxed in confined (locked) spaces if he wasn't crate trained.

Even if we have visitors or the kids (we have none ourselves) call in, I can just tell Hugo to 'go to bed' and wait (in an open crate) to be released / let out.

I got home from soccer an hour ago, let him in from the yard. We had a play, did some tricks/training and now he's fecked off out to his crate all by himself for some 'alone time'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Ill have to talk about it with everyone!:P

Anyway this is her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Here you are, a mal fits in this one no problem, as do 3 huskies, at a push. :)

crateddogs_zps309af48b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aww the 3 huskies in the crate is sooo cute, I just find it funny that's the same size as the crate I have for my kitten :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Beautiful dogs muddy paws, is the middle one cream? Not seen that colouring around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

mymo wrote: »
    Beautiful dogs muddy paws, is the middle one cream? Not seen that colouring around here.

Thank you. Yeah, kinda, cream and white. he's a husky cross, probably where the colour comes from, not sure what he's crossed with though, possibly rough collie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

muddypaws wrote: »
    Thank you. Yeah, kinda, cream and white. he's a husky cross, probably where the colour comes from, not sure what he's crossed with though, possibly rough collie.
    There's a few cream and white collies down this way, looks very like one of the shorter haired ones I've seen.

Lawless boy, you'll never resist that face, she'll be indoors for life ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi there , hope your pup is feeling better now . I had the exact same problem with my Mal when he was a pup, him being on cheap breeder food and I put him on Purina Pro Pal for pups. But wasn't working either so did 2 days of boiled rice and chopped up chicken fillets . That helped alot . He then started eating the Purina no problem then .

He's now nearly 4 and is roughly 40kgs , and still small for other malamutes around .
    He sleeps Inside 90% of the time either under the table were his bed is or in the living room as its a bit cooler on the wooden floor .
    He'd only stay out the back all night if its real warm out .
    I had been using a mixture of foods over the 4 years to keep him satisfied and a nice choice .. Currently have him on Taste of The Wild . I Get that off ZooPlus.ie , had him on Real Nature before that . I also feed him fresh meat And bones whenever I have the chance to get some .

As you probably know they need at least 2 short walks a day . I bring him on short cycles too whenever I can . He loves messing in the river too whenever he can .

Enjoy your time with your pup ... They grow so fast . :)
    Fell free to message me if you have any questions on the dog :)

http://instagram.com/p/bKLgtjpMj6/

• Advertisement
Advertisement