Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infamous second son (Playstation 4)

Options
  • 12-06-2013 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I did look for a topic on this, didn't find it. I know its a bit early but.
    The game takes place seven years after the events of Infamous 2, where a network of security cameras throughout U.S. cities allows the government to keep a good eye on the population. The government claims that these are used to hunt "bioterrorists" (more specifically, people with Conduit powers like Cole MacGrath), while events from the game indicate that they might be using the cameras for other reasons. The government has created a special force for capturing "bioterrorists", called the D.U.P. (Department of United Protection).
    The story begins when graffiti artist Delsin Rowe (Troy Baker) discovers he has the ability to absorb other Conduit powers after he tries to save the people in a burning bus, inadvertently absorbing the power of a conduit who is able to manipulate smoke. The D.U.P. immediately name him a bioterrorist and attempt to arrest him. However, Delsin resists, and uses his powers to fend off the D.U.P. agents. Like previous titles in the series, Delsin's moral choices will affect the story's progression, as well as the abilities he gains access to.

Looks amazing. Love the first two infamous games.

secondson-16-7fps-290hhp6v.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I thought the first game was pretty good and the second one was excellent. I only finished the sequel a couple of months ago thanks to PS+. Do we know yet how they are following the ending of inFAMOUS 2? Which ending they chose as canon?

In my play through of the game I played as the 'evil' Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Both inFamous games have been very enjoyable affairs for me. Anyone else thing Aaron Paul (particularly as Jesse in BB) is an influence on the main character here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i enjoyed both infamous games immensely , infamous second son looks to be a different beast altogether.

sucker punch are a solid developer and i cant wait to get my hands on this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I thought the first game was pretty good and the second one was excellent. I only finished the sequel a couple of months ago thanks to PS+. Do we know yet how they are following the ending of inFAMOUS 2? Which ending they chose as canon?

In my play through of the game I played as the 'evil' Cole.

They haven't actually said, but
    If in the good ending, you use the RFI to destroy the conduits, surely second son must follow on from the evil ending

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I absolutely loved Infamous. One of my favourite games of last generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cloud493 wrote: »
    They haven't actually said, but
    If in the good ending, you use the RFI to destroy the conduits, surely second son must follow on from the evil ending

But his power is fire based now instead of electricity. That opens up alot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I'd say this continues on from the evil ending of infamous 2. Can anyone remember what was the canon ending from infamous 1? I'm sure it was evil as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

But his power is fire based now instead of electricity. That opens up alot of things.

I actually though the other way around when I sow him being fire based. The main play are is in town and what town is full of? Yup electrical devices.
    Well at least new protagonist will be able to fire up everyone's stoves I guess! :D
    I haven't played infamous. Though I do own infamous 1 from PlayStation network hack and infamous 2 from ps+. I might Give it a go. Will the be a lot of issue if I jump directly in to second one? Or do I better play first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You'll be able to jump straight in.

Personally I think the first game is better.

I actually though the other way around when I sow him being fire based. The main play are is in town and what town is full of? Yup electrical devices.
    Well at least new protagonist will be able to fire up everyone's stoves I guess! :D
    I haven't played infamous. Though I do own infamous 1 from PlayStation network hack and infamous 2 from ps+. I might Give it a go. Will the be a lot of issue if I jump directly in to second one? Or do I better play first one?

I got both of those games through the same channel as you.

Play the first... the story and characters of the second will mean so much more if you do! It's also the kind of game that you can blast your way through quickly enough if you want.

• Advertisement

Cole's voice actor is much better in the first. But new marais is a much more interesting setting I felt.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Cole's voice actor is much better in the first. But new marais is a much more interesting setting I felt.

Agree, and that really threw me at the start! By the middle of the game, I didn't really think about it anymore though.

And yes, New Marais (New Orleans essentially) was a great setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They have said it was the good ending from 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

I loved both infamous games. Currently on my 2nd playthrough on the 2nd game as evil Cole.

So will this game be released on PS3 too or is it a ps4 exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

GarH wrote: »
    I loved both infamous games. Currently on my 2nd playthrough on the 2nd game as evil Cole.

So will this game be released on PS3 too or is it a ps4 exclusive?

PS4 exclusive

I'd like it to be a launch title, but Q1 2014 is good as well./

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I wasn't a big fan of Infamous (mainly because of the low-quality production and the city feeling pretty dead and last-gen) but I really enjoyed Infamous 2. I like how they're giving us a new character (who already seems more interesting than Cole imo) with different powers this time so it should turn out to be a solid game.

My main gripe with the series was the binary moral-choice system that basically locked you into doing whatever the game said was good or evil so I hope they either reform or get rid of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Very entertaining panel, hour lonh but well worth a watch, they are all very funny :P

10273912966_7ee090f9fb_z.jpg

10274025663_9bc9b17d57_z.jpg

The DLC sounds great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

My favourite thing about this game is the the bad guys are the DUP. Ulster says NO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I liked Infamous 2 but I got a bit bored of it towards the end. Fighting waves of those Ice guys just got tiresome imo. This game looks really interesting though, I'm sure I will buy at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I think what Sony are at here is clever marketing.

Notice how the games aren't called Killzone 4 and Infamous 3? They also feature new settings/time periods/characters so new Sony users can jump in without feeling like they've missed out on the previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Some nice screenshots from the PS Twitter

BY9ut7CCMAAZtr-.jpg:large

BY9vPh1CQAEtYQT.jpg:large

BY9viAcCIAANT20.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

New Trailer with Neon :)

Liking the Nirvana and Seattle connection :)

Less than 2 weeks to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm trying to moderate my expectations for this. I overhyped infamous 2 for myself and didn't enjoy it that much as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This is how you are meant to play them game, well according to the developer that is playing it.

• Advertisement

'No user generated content' Yay. Considering how much infamous 2's UGC was ****e, and made the map look really messy. Can't find a date for when the embargo is up for reviews, but it should be this week.

tumblr_n2fwxg9ZZC1r8tgs3o1_500.gif

Advertisement