Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infamous second son (Playstation 4)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Finest looking game I've ever seen on a console. Leap is truly next gen with this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

lertsnim wrote: »
    Finest looking game I've ever seen on a console. Leap is truly next gen with this

Have you seen Metal Gear?
    If its anything close to that then it must be gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

lertsnim wrote: »

Can't say I'm that blown away by it from what I've seen, but to be fair I haven't played it myself yet. Only got my PS4 last Friday with Killzone and that has definitely given me a few "wow" moments so far, but I haven't seen anything from I:SS that has me aching to buy it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic game, this game and Metal Gear completely outclass everything else on the PS4 up till now in terms of visuals and both are huge fun to play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Have you seen Metal Gear?
    If its anything close to that then it must be gorgeous.

I can't bring myself to pay for a demo. Looks good on some of the streams I've seen though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Grayditch wrote: »
    Hmmm. I hate giving Gamestop anything, but that might be my best option, financially right now :)

Is it not cheaper to buy on Amazon. I assume GameStop are charging €69.99

You could do that GameStop deal, I reckon you could get it for €50 if you did it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is it not cheaper to buy on Amazon. I assume GameStop are charging €69.99

Oh, I dunno. I understood it to be trade Assassin's Creed and pay €20, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I love this game! Its too fun, the graffiti in it is a class touch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I've put a few hours in now and I am loving I:SS. Like all the previous games, the focus is on traversal. At the moment I just have the smoke powers but moving around is easy to pick up. When you start stringing smoke dashes with mid-air glides and then vent dashes too, it all comes together brilliantly.

It looks stunning too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Driving to gamestop in a while with madden so hoping they have the deal. I'm just worried it's not advertised

Some people are saying it's only if you pre order. Lemmie know how you get on, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Grayditch wrote: »
    Oh, I dunno. I understood it to be trade Assassin's Creed and pay €20, no?

I didn't realise you were trading in a game too.

Soby wrote: »
    Driving to gamestop in a while with madden so hoping they have the deal. I'm just worried it's not advertised

Ok just called Gamestop (Cavan) and they told me the only deal is the €9.99 deal :(

The trade in offers in gamestop are:
    Trade in one ps4 or Xbox one game and get infamous for 19.99. Or
    Trade in 2 games and pay 9.99 ( list consists of recent games including South Park and is in store . List online is out of date)
    http://www.gamestop.ie/99er?spMailingID=45418281&spUserID=NjY1MzU3Mjc3MTUS1&spJobID=402618702&spReportId=NDAyNjE4NzAyS0

My Gamestop have said this isn't real (but she didn't seem to know 100%)

Sorry for delay in getting back. Got it for 20 quid with madden. Has to be a ps4 game however he did ask what game it was. I'm guessing it's only kill zone they wouldn't take. But yeah happy out. The 2 for 9.99 applies too :)

Sorry for delay in getting back. Got it for 20 quid with madden. Has to be a ps4 game however he did ask what game it was. I'm guessing it's only kill zone they wouldn't take. But yeah happy out. The 2 for 9.99 applies too :)

Nice one, I'll chance my arm with it today.

Ok.. Never trust a Girl who works at Gamestop :mad:
    She literally just told me she knew of no deal!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ok.. Never trust a Girl who works at Gamestop :mad:
    She literally just told me she knew of no deal!

Did you buy it anyway or leave it ?

• Advertisement

Did you buy it anyway or leave it ?

I gave them a call.
    I'm guessing the girl who worked there didn't know about the deal. I'll give the manager a call since I know him pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tacked on motion controls are usually terrible but I'll actually will stop what I'm doing if I see the spray paint symbol.

Best PS4 game, and best game of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Must say I'm really enjoying it so far.. nice change of pace from Dark Souls.

Slightly worried the side missions will get really repetitive though.. fine now but not as sure they will be after doing it 10 times.

Oh, I didn't install the dlc at all.. is it on the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Is there a way of switching between powers on the fly?

I'm onto the third one now and the only way I can see is by draining a different power source

No that's how you switch powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Just completed it there, brilliant game in my opinion.

Now to replay as a hero :P

I thought they spray painting sections were very well done. Only misgiving I have is Delsin's appearance doesn't change much over the course of the game. In the first two you could really notice as Cole became evil and eventually inFamous.

Really enjoyed it though

Well i'm after freeing all of the first area and just got the neon powers.

When you upgrade to endless run they are just awesome!

49% complete and looking forward to more of it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just completed it there, brilliant game in my opinion.

Now to replay as a hero :P

I thought they spray painting sections were very well done. Only misgiving I have is Delsin's appearance doesn't change much over the course of the game. In the first two you could really notice as Cole became evil and eventually inFamous.

Really enjoyed it though

You went evil first, what kind of monster are you?

Advertisement