Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infamous second son (Playstation 4)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I always went as the hero in the other games when being evil was far more fun and powerful. Will not be making the same mistake again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Varik wrote: »
    You went evil first, what kind of monster are you?

Don't worry, I'm very ashamed of myself :pac:

Definitely gonna go for the platinum, seems much easier now that all the blast shards are on the map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You guys are rushing it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I went evil for my fist playthough on this too. Only played the other 2 games as a hero all the way through. Just feels wrong kicking wounded civilians when they are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hero first for me. Get the good guy nonsense out of the way then go ape**** on a second play through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bit of a spoiler but found Fetch's place before I met her and it was odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Do I need to download the 5GB update before playing?
    Is it just extra missions and stuff?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Do I need to download the 5GB update before playing?
    Is it just extra missions and stuff?

Is it the Digital version you're on about as the update is ~300MB for that, and the 5GB is the first part of the game.

After you've downloaded the 5GB you can play and it'll download the rest of the ~20GB in the background, if you reach the end of the 5GB it'll stop you until the next section of the game is ready but it only needs to download the next section and not the full remaining game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Varik wrote: »
    Is it the Digital version you're on about as the update is ~300MB for that, and the 5GB is the first part of the game.

After you've downloaded the 5GB you can play and it'll download the rest of the ~20GB in the background, if you reach the end of the 5GB it'll stop you until the next section of the game is ready but it only needs to download the next section and not the full remaining game.

No I bought the boxed version.
    I was told there was a 5GB update that included extra missions and stuff :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No I bought the boxed version.
    I was told there was a 5GB update that included extra missions and stuff :confused:

The update includes alot of stuff. It adds more people and traffic to the city to make it feel more life like and adjusts the difficulty options and boss fights to make them more fun, challenging while less annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

i sickened cant rent this game..i dont want spend another fortune on a game

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone play the DLC yet, Coles Legacy? Is it any use, do you get to play as Cole or whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I did a mission called Coles Legacy. Unless that's something completely different. But I wasn't Cole during it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

lertsnim wrote: »
    I did a mission called Coles Legacy. Unless that's something completely different. But I wasn't Cole during it anyway.

No, that's it. You don't play as him at all.

Anyone play the DLC yet, Coles Legacy? Is it any use, do you get to play as Cole or whats the craic?

You don't play as cole (at least the part I've done), the missions are with a journalist who covered the stuff from the first game and you hear some of his notes what happened directly from him.

From the fist mission the only really interesting part is
    delsin being slightly awed by speaking to the guy who covered the events of the first game and uncovered the government conspiracy of what had happened, meaning that the events are known

Alright, cheers lads, would of been cool if you get to play as him, maybe future DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Just wondering if the 20 euro deal in gamestop is still on? Would like to trade in Battlefield 4 for this

Notorioux wrote: »
    Just wondering if the 20 euro deal in gamestop is still on? Would like to trade in Battlefield 4 for this

I traded in nba2k14 with the 20 euro deal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Traded AC4 and €20 today, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

cheers lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Went the good guy route and completed it there. Going to get stuck into the evil side of things tomorrow. Looking forward to getting my powers on those pesky protesters and what not :D But yeah, I've enjoyed myself so far it's safe to say. The power ups are very good, particularly the neon powers. The only criticism I have for now is that the setting feels quite somewhat smaller than I thought it would be for a next gen game. Don't get me wrong, the general appearance is fantastic and I'm glad Sucker Punch opted for Seattle as it's largely untouched in gaming as far as I can remember, but I felt it could have been a touch bigger. The make up the map reminds me of AC: Revelations somewhat. Maybe that's just me. Oh, and Reggie Rowe =//= Alberto Del Rio :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anybody else felt that the game was a bit too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It was interesting looking through trophies last night that 80% of people had got the trophy for making the first 'good' choice and 20% for the first evil. Thought it would be a more even split for people's first playthrough but seems most people pick good.

I like that they show they percentages for trophies now, can show up some interesting stats.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anybody else felt that the game was a bit too short.

Yeah. I'm waiting till I complete it as evil before giving a definitive opinion on the story, namely the length of it. In my first playthrough I would do one or two storyline missons before spending a good bit of time shard hunting let's call it that between that, but had I not that, it felt like I could have completed the story without 8 hours if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I must admit too that I was a little surprised to see how far I was in the game too.

I think I had cleared all the side missions in the first district and was on my way to the final mission of the district and had completed 49% of the game.

Still there is the Paper trail content coming out every week which apparently adds another 5 hours worth.

Speaking of which I completed the very first mission for it but after completing it said it couldn't connect to the Paper trial server. Anyone else try it?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm waiting till I complete it as evil before giving a definitive opinion on the story, namely the length of it. In my first playthrough I would do one or two storyline missons before spending a good bit of time shard hunting let's call it that between that, but had I not that, it felt like I could have completed the story without 8 hours if even that.

i manged to platinum this since yesterday.It felt when it started to get going it finished but at least they did`nt pad it out with meaningless stuff

tok9 wrote: »
    I must admit too that I was a little surprised to see how far I was in the game too.

I think I had cleared all the side missions in the first district and was on my way to the final mission of the district and had completed 49% of the game.

Still there is the Paper trail content coming out every week which apparently adds another 5 hours worth.

Speaking of which I completed the very first mission for it but after completing it said it couldn't connect to the Paper trial server. Anyone else try it?

Do you have paper trail account

Do you have paper trail account

Ya I created it after but it just said the same thing.. no big deal anyway. I'll probably check it out tonight.

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya I created it after but it just said the same thing.. no big deal anyway. I'll probably check it out tonight.

Did you link your Playstation Account with papertrail?

• Advertisement

Did you link your Playstation Account with papertrail?

Ya I did.

Advertisement